It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fleet of UFO's over Basingstoke

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   

link   
yes it is very interesting there is a new type of sceptic talking about floating lanterns and like you said even if you don't this they are ET surely pinning everything down to flying lanterns is even more ludicrus. I went round Basingstoke to see if I could buy any lanterns and I couldn't find them anywhere. I was going to set them off on my wedding aniversary next week and see if the neighbours mistake them for UFO.

Anyway I would have been debunked as being something to do with farnborough air show as that starts in the next couple of days and goes on to the end of the month.

link   
yes it is very interesting there is a new type of sceptic talking about floating lanterns and like you said even if you don't this they are ET surely pinning everything down to flying lanterns is even more ludicrus. I went round Basingstoke to see if I could buy any lanterns and I couldn't find them anywhere. I was going to set them off on my wedding aniversary next week and see if the neighbours mistake them for UFO.

Anyway I would have been debunked as being something to do with farnborough air show as that starts in the next couple of days and goes on to the end of the month.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Ok i've never really been into all this, until last night 22 September 2008 at about 7.30pm flying over Farnham, Surrey over our house was a large lantern/bowl shape like an orange glow, at first I thought it was a plane on fire in the sky? But it was flying/floating high in the sky all alight. Myself, my partner and the children saw it and none of us could make out what it was!! Did anyone else see it and can anyone else expain what it was?

Thanks

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Maybe all those 'Foo Fighters' seen by WW2 pilots that buzzed their planes over continental Europe were chinese lantern paper bags with candles inside? Both Anglo and fascist sides thought these lights that were obviously intelligently controlled were top secret enemy weapons and now some laddy boy tells us they were paper bags with a candle inside!

[edit on 23-9-2008 by ufoorbhunter]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
After reading the comments about lanterns i think its rubbish, Tonight on new years eve at 11pm in Farnham, me and 12 other people were outside in the garden at my friends house while a few of them smoked, I was looking up at how cloudy it was and suddenly spotted 4 of these orange glowing lights moving around in the sky fairly fast in all directions and pulsating, this lasted a good 20 mins!

Nobody could work out what it was but we all stood there fascinated, i instantly presumed UFO as ive had another encounter before while driving past RAF Odiham with a large circular object with 4 lights underneath, however when me and my friend mentioned this to our other friends and familys they all laughed etc..... naive in my opinion.

Anyway these objects looked like they were towards odiham direction and like i said moving very erratically, and getting very close and far from each other in a matter of seconds, no plane or helicopter could perform manouvers like it, I live next to farnborough airport and am well aware of what planes look like/strobe like/colours of lights ect. And this is nothing like ive ever seen before.

My camera phone could not pick them up as they were too far for its zoom however 12 adults would not lie,

I came home still baffled hit a search on google and up popped this site with youtube links to the same thing we all saw tonight, so here i am at 4am still fascinated by it all.

As for them being lanterns, absolutely no chance were moving way to fast towards and away from each other and a lantern could not drop what i presume is 200ft in 2 seconds then go straight back to where it was 200ft up!

Just for the record i was sober as well as 4 others who were driving, the rest hadn't had that much to drink, I actually got an apology off some of them who i told about my previous sighting as they also laughed at the time.

Its like saying goes "Seeing is believing" so untill you them dont criticise because you dont know how wrong you actually may be.

Nathan From Farnborough

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join