It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fleet of UFO's over Basingstoke

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienj
reply to post by destiny-fate

But I will dream about it and see if I can come up with a better story in my dreams of aliens, Tom Cruise, with a little Mel Gibson and Britany Spears thrown in..

Ahhhh that would be lovely
and I am sure you can add all your EXPERTISE to the script
What knowledge of UFO's do you have ???? Can you share any of your knowledge with me ??? I would so appreciate your amazing insights into this subject

[edit on 30-6-2008 by destiny-fate]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I was wondering if anyone who knows more about Ufos could ansewer me, are these sightings common because it seems that lately there has been a large amount of mass sightings and Ufos in fleets

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Hmmmmm, in project bluebook, the book states that sightings of " Orange unknowns floating " could be announced as Israeli's airforce making a practice run for whats to come.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by obamafan14

Yes these sightings are very common here in the UK. We call them ufo orbs. They are not just orange, they come in all colours, though white and amber/orange are the frequent. Our Ministry of Defence has admitted to them being balls of plasma in June 2006, but hides from the fact that they are intelligent.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Did you see them

The MOD report recenty says they are "Bouyant Entities" - Balls on natural plasma.

If they are these balls of plasma as the MOD say why are they proliferating ?

Shouting lanterns everytime there is a report just shows that you dont believe in ET and think that is what the other explanation is but it also shows that you dont know what your talking about when your prepared to "know" what caused the sighting without any proof what so ever.

What is plasma ?? Ionized gas ?? In which a certain proportion of electrons are free, rather than being bound to an atom or molecule. The ability of the positive and negative charges to move somewhat independently makes the plasma electrically conductive so that it responds strongly to electromagnetic fields.

Many pilot sighting reports involve alleged Electro-Magnetic Effects on Aircraft Systems.

www.xenophilia.com...

Perhaps some of the more recent UFO sightings do have direct links to the military ??? Are all the strange events surrounding Honey bees, whales, birds, seals , penguins also somehow related to this strange increase in UFO sightings ???? has it got to do with the earths magnetic field ??

But this would not account for anything seen prior to the testing of this equipment . Nor would it explain the feelings contactees have that the UFO's appear to be "Intelligent" which is exactly how I felt about my experience.

Mexico's Defence Ministry released the images to a local journalist, Jaime Maussan, a long-time believer in flying saucers. He told a news conference on Tuesday that the objects were real and that they appeared to be "intelligent", because at one point they changed direction and surrounded the plane chasing them.

[edit on 1-7-2008 by destiny-fate]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by rocksolidbrain

Very nice, RockSolid, starred for creativity.
I thought they were yellow however.
Did they make any announcements about demolishing earth?
I've got my towel ready....

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   

RE POST FROM alienj .........But I will dream about it and see if I can come up with a better story in my dreams of aliens, Tom Cruise, with a little Mel Gibson and Britany Spears thrown in..

I would just like to apologise for my outburst. I just get very defensive when people can't converse and expand on their thoughts in a positive manner - linear thinking is limiting and I know it is an ATS policy not to drift off topic but sometimes by expanding ones field of thought - New ideas are born. I know many shun dreams but it is important to remember some of the greatest discoveries in the history of man have come from a blend of subconscious thoughts / visions and intellect. What is the subconscious ( part of our dreaming faculty )

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
It would appear that our friend D4rkW4tcher's predictions of a few years ago are beginning to come to fruition. He stated that between 2007 and 2009, we would all experience a greater level of supposed UFO activity and 'lights in the sky' as the NWO prepares to unleash Project BlueBeam upon us. Personally, I think over the next few years, we are all going to experience a substantial increase in UFO / Lights sightings - it would be mindblowing if these events were eventually to lead to the full disclosure so many of us desire, but IMHO the origins of this phenomena are purely terrestrial. I would love to hear other member's forthright opinions on this matter.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Expanding thought is ok, but inflating it while rambling on and it having nothing to do with the topic or the thread is useless. This is what happens, the thread turns into people babbling on about nothing or trying to get others to quite rambling while trying to get the thread back on topic. Please just start your own dream thread or something, the only reason I can possible see you using another thread is because you have tried in the past to start your own threads and they go no where. For the short couple of months I have been at ATS I have seen you break thread in just about every post...I am sorry if that offends you but it is something I have noticed and that is a violation of posting just like cussing someone out or calling someone an idiot.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Idiotic woo-woo believers of faith always misidentify chinese lanterns for UFO.

Of course, they only need parrot like rantings from their peers to prove their case.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienj

For the short couple of months I have been at ATS I have seen you break thread in just about every post...I am sorry if that offends you but it is something I have noticed and that is a violation of posting just like cussing someone out or calling someone an idiot.

lol No you really did not offend me
I would not give you that benefit sorry - but I would like clarification on the threads you are referring to ???? I did not realise ATS was so heavily governed my mistake - I thought they were more forward thinking than that !!! Question ??? Can you answer honestly ??? Do you believe you added anything constructive to this conversation with your first two posts ???? Or was it your intention to provoke a response ??? Just curious !!! I will not be posting on ATS again - because I am not going to sit stressing about where and when I can post certain information that I feel is relevant or pertinent to a certain topic for fear of violating the ATS terms and conditions or getting abused for inadvertently doing so according to one individuals interpretation of those said terms and conditions
Where does censorship end ???? Thin line !!! Dictatorship ???

I was really impressed when I first came to ATS absolutely amazed at the intelligence of some ATS members impressed with the quality of input - progressive thinking - I was even shocked at how amicable people were in discussing there viewpoints -
and then I had the good fortune to come across you
Oh and about your idiot comment ??? Look in the mirror my friend read your posts again and if you open your eyes you might just see the truth about yourself
an honest reflection rather than an illusion
The word ( Silly ) is just a nice term for idiot !!!!

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Interesting post, there has been a lot of activity in the uK recently.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I also live in Basingstoke & i witnessed something un-identifiable in the sky that night,walking home from asda supermarket,just before it closed at 10pm.Something caught my eye,as i briefly glanced up at the sky.
This object immediately got my attention because i am well used to seeing alot of air traffic in the area - commercial flights & local smaller planes & miltary helicopters & it was evident it was none of those.Firstly - it made no sound,secondly it was a glowing ball of orange/amber light.also it hovvered in one spot for about 30 seconds & then shot downwards in a blink of an eye.I only saw one object not a "fleet" of them & unfortunalty i didn't happen to have a camcorder in my shopping bag lol.I can also say almost without any doubt it was no way a "lantern" judging from its size & movements.Now to add further info to this account & increase a case against the "lantern" theory i saw the same "object" again in a very similar location in the sky 2 night's prior to this incident!! this happend about an hour earlier & the sun had not gone down & the object appeard as a white ball not an orange/amber one. also it appeard as if it was invisible in the sky - then "switched on" the light or just materailsed out of thin air i can't say which. i watched this for roughly 2 minutes & i noticed an additional flashing light on it aswell.Needless to say i was fairly gobsmacked by these sights,but i have said nothing to anyone, as i am aware of the mocking that usually associates itself to anybody who claims to see these type of things.Anyway just out of pure coincidence(or was it syncronicity?)i was browsing around the site i joined tonight & immagine my amazement when,almost right of the mark find this thread - so i just had to post this.On a closing note i was not under the influence of any substances of any kind & i am not some kinda nut-job either, i know what i saw.Maybe it is some new type of craft that's been developed or maybe something from another planet,i have no idea,but whatever it was,its not something commonly aware of to the public!

[edit on 1-7-2008 by lightnoise]

[edit on 1-7-2008 by lightnoise]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Well i never realised that Chinese lanterns could change formation into different shape patterns?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I have seen something like this before. I have posted a while ago about what I saw, but didn't have any photographic evidence to back up my claims.

I live very near Basingstoke myself too. We get lots fo air traffic around the area, small craft, helicoptors, major airlines, I've even seen the stealth fighter/bomber fly over my house.

On the 14th July we have our bi-annual airshow, which is a pretty big event and here is a list of the craft that will be flying pretty low overhead.

www.farnborough.com...

As you can see from that list, we are very used to all kinds of aircraft in the area, so actually seeing something unrecognisable, you generally have to say that people would know what they saw.

I saw something during the day, it was silver orb like, made some kind of circle manouver in the sky and dissappeared completely before my eyes.

Someone on ATS said it was ice particles falling from an aircraft (major airline from Heathrow_ flying way over head, it wasn't because this object ldidn't fall from the craft.

Still, without pictures its difficult to explain or get advise.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
shoot them down, if theyre lanterns they'll come down easy

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I have lived in Basingstoke my entire life, and pretty much most of the people here are extremely normal its the kind of town where mostly everyone knows everyone and I pretty sure one of my friends or family know the guy who took the video. Anyway I would like to start by asking about the lanterns, someone commented on how popular they are in the uk. I personally haven't heard of this particular craze, I'm sure it happens but its not like people are setting these lanterns off all over Basingstoke, I've not seen it.

However just furthermore to ufos in basingstoke, going back to the late 80s I was walking back to school after eating my lunch and looked up and saw a kind of spinning rotating black triangle or collection of triangles, bare in mind that it was an absolutley clear sky what ever it was just sat there in the sky feeling very dominating. I looked at it initially and thought it was a hand glider and on closer inspection I thought it was a tumbling hand glider out of control and falling, but it just sat there in the sky spinning and that was it.

Understandable I # myself because it was scary looking and ran in to get my mum. Both of us stood outside staring at it for about 10 to 15 minutes before my mum proclaimed it was a helicopter or aeroplane or something and that I would be late back to school. Anyway there has been something flying over Basingstoke for decades now I don't know what it is but its definately a bit weird.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
These are Chinese Candle lights set off at glastonbury as Amy Whinehouse played. The wind direction was toward Basingstoke and they arrived 2 hours after Amy was singing. There where about 100 set off from the festival.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Did you see them

I`ve been asking the same question again and again!
Why do we never see those pranksters setting up their
wee game??
Come on I don`t believe that every piece of video
footage is a Zeta Reticullan,but there are certainly
another species of sceptic on this site!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
yes it is very interesting there is a new type of sceptic talking about floating lanterns and like you said even if you don't this they are ET surely pinning everything down to flying lanterns is even more ludicrus. I went round Basingstoke to see if I could buy any lanterns and I couldn't find them anywhere. I was going to set them off on my wedding aniversary next week and see if the neighbours mistake them for UFO.

Anyway I would have been debunked as being something to do with farnborough air show as that starts in the next couple of days and goes on to the end of the month.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join