It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fleet of UFO's over Basingstoke

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

The lights in the footage posted weren't doing any ninety degree turns , speed increases or erratic movements.
They were just floating along like... lanterns.

When I saw them being released, I thought some people may be fooled, but to get more tabloid coverage was unbelievable.

[edit on 30-6-2008 by meatballxl5]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
They were definatetly not paper lanterns, the lights i saw above farnham were travelling at speed and made high angle turns.
I have seen the footage of the Basingstoke ufo's and they did'nt seem to be moving like the ones i saw, they were travelling at thousands of m.p.h at very high altitude maybe even in space.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Tyrant
The more often these reports come up, the more real my dreams seem.

Can you share your dreams ??? I have had a few myself that's all.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by destiny-fate

Here we go - it's time for anti-tyrants weird and wonderful dreams!

Well, i've had more than a few to do with alien invasions unfortunately, and the nature of the threat has changed one or two times.

Only once have greys appeared in my dreams, the other times they were in armour.

Or the organisms were maggot-like and translucent, with people (captured) inside them acting as sensors for the symbiotic host, but that's a disturbing one i won't go into.

The actual alien invasion one involved beam projectiles, hovering tanks and the ilk, where i find myself in a ruined city, in a small square with a destroyed fountain in it.

Across the square from me is the alien tank, which looks kinda like something out of war of the worlds (the original) but closer to the ground and a heck of a lot smaller.

Well, for some reason, i've decided i want to get past that tank to go down the street behind it.

The tank moves forwards, firing at one or two people scurrying away from their hiding positions due to the approaching threat, and i make a break for a minivan to take cover behind while it's busy incinerating innocent bystanders.

Well, i get unlucky, because inside the minivan is a group of people, huddled together in the darkness.

Promptly, i abandon the position in fear of alerting the aliens to the presence of the people hiding in the van, and i run for the next available cover, which is part of the fountain which is still intact.

The Tank spots me as i run, and it's position is such that although the blast misses me, it hits the van.

At which point, i decide the old stealthy approach has failed me, and i make a break for it.

I think i survived, because there is a sort of 'time-skip' where i then find myself inside a building with a fairly professional look about it, so the word is "Safety".

Perhaps i survived the alien weapon somehow, perhaps i was merely wounded by shrapnel and picked up, i don't know.

Anyway, it would seem this building is acting as a regrouping point for fleeing civilians, because there's an awful lot more people there with me.

I get bored of the place and decide to head outside, but before i exit a door-guard stops me, telling me that it isn't safe.

He then offers me a small pistol-like device, which he assures me "Will disable the shields" and a rather interesting looking explosive device.

This is where the dream ends, or where i wake up.

Would you care to share your own dream experiences?

I feel awfully isolated whenever i do this.

[edit on 30-6-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by meatballxl5

I guess, but no reason to say they have to fly fast.
Not saying this particular video i believe, but in this light phenomenon or whatever it is.

as i said, i've seen similar formations(triangular) to the ones on the left and these did not move too fast either but did move at angles and kind of materialize/de-materialize....i think there is definitely something to be gained from looking at this kind of thing though.

perhaps you are right and these are lanterns on this video, but like when a fake ufo vid turns up....nobody says right that's it, thats fake they must all be hub-caps/hats/frisbees/cgi?

same here, there may be a few lanterns/baloons/fireflies vids about, but also some puzzling and intriguing and pretty good ones too.

[edit on 30/6/08 by blupblup]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
i actually live in basingstoke , so i'm very familiar with what normal civillian and military air traffic looks like as it flies over the town en route to some RAF base or Heathrow.

but those lights in that video are very unusual... its the orange colour that makes them stand out as being "not normal".

unfortunately i did not witness this , but i did see a triangle formation swoop over my house last year without emitting a single sound, changing the angle of the triangle as it did so... roughly 10 or 12 lights in the formation.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by pinit1

that sounds very like the triangle formation i saw over basingstoke last year.. the speed of it was incredible.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by meatballxl5

Read the article, these were not lanterns.

Another intriguing video, there is definitely something going on. All of these sightings are beginning to seem more and more like my dreams.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Once again I have to be the skeptic...lights in the sky guys, just lights in the sky....there are so many possiblities why are you guys packing your bags like the mothership just showed up..Did you guys know that right now there is a huge trend in England to launch Chinese lantens at parties. Did you guys know there was a big party in the area where the lamps were spotted that were probably launching lanterns..
wtopnews.com...
Also in the future you may want to get your headlines from some other horrible credible paper like the Sun. lol.. If you read accounts of these lights they just seemed to hoover and then disappear. Did you know that when a lantern get to a certain altitude where there is little oxygen the candle just goes out. OMG,,,just disappear.. hmmm Candle or UFO. It turns out that two newlyweds who had purchased 100 lanterns to celebrate their wedding had released them into the sky shortly before the purported UFO sighting in Wales, offering a logical explanation for the lights seen in the sky. Now dont you guys all feel silly...

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I've just spent 4 years living and studying in Reading, which is right next to Basingstoke. We got low flying aircraft all the damn time, stacks of them, everywhere. Have to admit, not a single thing I ever saw looked anything like those though.

What gets me is that we always see stuff like this in The Sun, why not the Telegraph or the Independant? Why do they run a piece with one image/video and or two eyewitnesses, why don;t they have stacks of something that lasted for apparently half an hour?

Why did the journalist running the story contact the RAF themselves to check the story hey were given? Whats happened to the state of investigative journalism in this country? Oh yeah, of course, it;s the Sun, which I tally up there with the weekly world news for veracity...

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Tyrant

Here we go - it's time for anti-tyrants weird and wonderful dreams!

Would you care to share your own dream experiences?

I feel awfully isolated whenever i do this.

[edit on 30-6-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]

Dreams and Real life encounter deleted due to critical comments made by ATS member below

[edit on 30-6-2008 by destiny-fate]

[edit on 30-6-2008 by destiny-fate]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Navy Man sees UFO on the M5

www.thesun.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Omg why are we talking about dreams, we go from Chinese lanterns to invasion to alien dreams.. this site can leave me spinning at times... I guess its hard for adults to keep a single train of thought for just one post.. You should probably post your dreams on another post but then they probably would not get read...oh well

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by alienj

What story are you referring too here ????? Not the one posted ????

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienj
Did you guys know there was a big party in the area where the lamps were spotted that were probably launching lanterns..
wtopnews.com...
Also in the future you may want to get your headlines from some other horrible credible paper like the Sun. lol.. It turns out that two newlyweds who had purchased 100 lanterns to celebrate their wedding had released them into the sky shortly before the purported UFO sighting in Wales, offering a logical explanation for the lights seen in the sky. Now dont you guys all feel silly...

Yes well it was shown on all the news stations as well ????

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienj
Did you guys know that right now there is a huge trend in England to launch Chinese lantens at parties. Did you guys know there was a big party in the area where the lamps were spotted that were probably launching lanterns..
wtopnews.com...

You are talking about a totally different incident here

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   

AS the air flys by and his hair is ruffled......
Huge trend in England, that encompasses quite a bit of real estate

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

But I will dream about it and see if I can come up with a better story in my dreams of aliens, Tom Cruise, with a little Mel Gibson and Britany Spears thrown in..

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by alienj

Have deleted the dream post for you
I did actually mention one of my own personal REAL LIFE experiences within that post - I will stay clear of any future posts on UFO's from here on in
To be honest I now understand why people keep experiences of UFO encounters to themselves

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Hmmmm ufo's over England? Are the Germans working on those things again? lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join