It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recurring dream - police checkpoints in town centre at night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
First, sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but I've literally been awake (as in not asleep) for about 4 minutes.

I've just woken up from a dream that I've had before. Normally, I can't remember dreams, but if I wake in the middle of one I'll remember it for a few minutes..
and this one I wrote on a scrap of paper the second I awoke because I know I've had it before, repeatedly.

Basically, its in the near future, say a few years off. And I'm trying to get into the centre of a town not far from where I live. However, many of the paths and streets I'm familiar with have been blocked off with big security fencing, nothing sinister looking, no barbed wire, but impossible to climb all the same.
Then, anywhere that isn't blocked off, theres a big crowd, people queueing of a fashion. Its like a sort of security gate, with police everywhere, checking every person who goes past. I don't remember seeing what they were checking, but I thought it was some sort of ID card, because in the latest occurence of my dream it was a friday night, I'd just come out of a pub I frequent, and was trying to cross one of the checkpoints slightly drunk.

The police present weren't too scary... they were wearing yellow hi-vis jackets, but some had big machine guns. I had something in my pocket I shouldn't have had, and this concerned me as I got there.. however, I was one of the lucky ones, about 50% of people were being searched here, but I got away. Still, the police didn't smile at me (as they did with everyone else being let through), I remember my facial features being scrutinised against my ID card (which was my driving license in the dream, but thats being a tad picky). They looked carefully at my hair, then asked me to show my teeth, before being finally allowed through.

I've had this dream, or similar ones (same place, different time of day kinda things) quite a few times now. Just, I always forget unless I do something like this.
And the word 'curfew' has been buzzing round my head since I woke up.
And I know I sometimes get pre-cog dreams, but I don't know how far in advance.

And in case anyones wondering, the town in question was St Helens, England. Of course, everything was slightly different in the dream.. but there is some rebuilding work going on.

Again, sorry if theres anything wrong here, just I would have forgotten this if I'd left it 10 minutes, I'm still quite sleepy.
Thanks for taking the time to read this far... can anyone spare a thought on this?

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
It could be something as simple as your subconscious fears and paranoia, a better word would be uncertainty about the future. Considering all which you've seen this decade, and all the rumors which are being stirred around, there is no surprise to me that you'd have terrifying dreams involving 'what if' scenarios regarding law enforcement clamping down on the civilian population, or worse.. the military taking over town.

On May 21st or 22nd, 2008, an entire frikkin' gang unit of police ran up in my upscale, 5 bedroom house in one of the nicer neighborhoods in town. They looked more like a SWAT team, plain clothes but police bulletproof vests, its just that they had pistols and not machine guns. My sister had a friend over who had ran away from a court ordered rehab as part of the girl's probation, and so she called her Dad from my sister's phone like an idiot, and her Dad called the cops i guess and said she was here.

It was like a nightmare scenario come true, because they wouldnt let me enter my own house (they came up as i was sitting on my back porch), so I couldnt get into my room and hide anything, and I had stuff I shouldnt have had in plain sight, laying right there on my desk. Luckily, without telling her to, my Mother was smart enough to go in there and grab what I had sitting out, because she knew they had me outside. Anyways, it turned out okay, but I could've gone to jail for a very long time, all because some dumb girl I didnt even know was at my house. So yeahhh .. now I know I will have nightmares of this. And you don't have to say it .. now I make darn sure I know exactly who my sister is having over as guests and what they are up to (drug use, or if they are on the run), because I didn't like being violated like that by the cops over nothing .. they insulted the crap out of me. It makes me angry to the point where I shake and can't speak when I start talking about, in fact this post is starting to bother me.

[edit on 6/30/2008 by runetang]

join