It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MCcain will not be republican nominee

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
there was a recent article on the huffington post that raised my interest in this topic. There is a great deal of potential that Mccain will not be the republican nominee. Imagine that in august or sept during the republican convetion Mccain drops out of the campaign due to health issues. a new nominee would have to take his place at the convention. I think this is extremely probable

Mccain is 72 and he may have real health issues, he had melanoma and had a high likelihood for that to return,

Republicans seeing polls and a lack in enthusiam in the base of the republicans may know that obama is going to win

If there were a new candidate that would be huge news, this candidate would have momentum, would have not been attacked and catch dems off guard, would have the emotion of carrying on the campaign for a ill mccain.

Think of the potential candidates, who lets face it had potential to be president would take it

Jeb Bush, colin powell, condelezza rice, chuck hagel, mitt romney

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Chuck Hagel would never get the support of the modern GOP, he's too intelligent!

Mitt Romney would be the logical choice, unless McCain picks someone viable as his VP - Charlie Crist, for example.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Ariana Huffington is one of the biggest liberal blowhards in the MSM. This is just stiring the pot. The only thing the Post got right is that he might not live long enough to gain the nomination. Charlie Crist would be a great nominee. So would Mitt on the same ticket. I am not a McCain supporter. I don't trust him any more than the other one so its going to be interesting to see what transpires. Bob Barr would be a better choice for us all but he has little of the support he needs.

Zindo

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Anything that comes out of Huffington's mouth means absolutely nothing to me.

Well, it does mean something I guess. Every time I hear her speak or read her articles, I get further confirmation that she is an idiot.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Yeah but she is good looking for her age lol

I don't personally know what is going to happen I surely hope that is doesn't involve Mit Romney as his health care plan in MA has turned many poor people into criminals...

Hang on to your Hats

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by obamafan14

What an interesting twist that would be! Colin Powell would never play their game again, but Condi Rice would be an interesting choice. I don't think Jeb Bush would get much support. I don't know much about Mitt Romney, but I like Chuck Hagel. I bet he could give Obama a run for his money.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

it actually was an article written by someone else other than huffington but was posted on the huffington post

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Even the thought of Condi as the nominee sends my mind spinning into surreal realms. To have such beauty in the Whitehouse and leading this nation could be our saving grace.

Even though Chuck isn't near as pretty as Condi, I like his stance on many issues.

Perhaps Pat Buchanan could step into the breech for the GOP.
Or Pat Robertson. Rev. Robertson seems to have the GOP ideology
down Pat. Sorry....I need a nap; all this excitement of the campaign has overloaded my mind with information, I need to process with some quality REM.

[edit on 30-6-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Ariana Huffington is one of the biggest liberal blowhards in the MSM. This is just stiring the pot. The only thing the Post got right is that he might not live long enough to gain the nomination. Charlie Crist would be a great nominee. So would Mitt on the same ticket. I am not a McCain supporter. I don't trust him any more than the other one so its going to be interesting to see what transpires. Bob Barr would be a better choice for us all but he has little of the support he needs.

This is true. The Huffington Post is a joke. I hope one day people will learn this and NOT use it as a source for information.

new topics

top topics

join