It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Low flying plane in Sydney scared off by fighter jet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Low flying plane in Sydney scared off by fighter jet

www.smh.com.au

Sydney CBD office workers who glanced out the window at morning tea today faced something straight out of Hollywood - a low-flying large passenger plane being chased across the harbour by a fighter jet.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
This was a little bit scary in Sydney today. There was a lot of Sydneysiders thinking that it was 911 all over again.

I'm not saying that it's a conspiracy, but it's not every day a fighter jet scares off a 747 in a CBD. Training exercise, wayward pilot, call it what you will. It was weird.

www.smh.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Dang, I missed it

Sure it's a sign of the times, but you have to wonder at the mentality that went into this one.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by dingleberry77

... I heard what it was on the radio (I'm not in Sydney though). A full wrap up:

*scrap the link, it's the same you posted... misleading headline of your post, though*

Just the RAF seeing out an old 707 and getting some footage and freaking out some Sydney-siders while they were at it.

[edit on 30-6-2008 by mattguy404]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
First of all, please adhere to the guidelines when posting to the breaking news forum. That was not the title at all, this was

Die Hard in the CBD? Not quite

Secondly it was not scared off, it was a retiring aircraft. Did you even read your own article you posted, Jeez.

Fortunately, the incident was not an air force pursuit of a hijacked passenger flight, but a "farewell flight" for the defence force's Boeing 707 aircraft. The aircraft was being retired from service after 29 years, the department said. About 11am today, the B707 aircraft made its farewell flight, accompanied by a Hawk 127 lead-in fighter aircraft from which photos of the flight were taken, the department said.

More Breaking News Sensationalism...gotta love it....NOT

new topics

top topics

join