It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Will The Earth Be Destroyed in August? Possibly

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
"Some say a comet will fall from the sky
Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves
Followed by faultlines that cannot sit still
Followed by millions of dumbfounded dips***s

Cuz I'm praying for rain
And I'm praying for tidal waves
I wanna see the ground give way
I wanna watch it all go down
Mom please flush it all away
I wanna see it go right in and down
I wanna watch it go right in
Watch you flush it all away"

The cheerful song "Aenima" by Tool

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by astronomine

That's one of my favorite songs

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Interesting song although it kind of reminds me of flushing the toilet for some reason, no offense or anything.I don't believe the world will end for a long time not even in 2012 but 2012 is an important year and there will be a ton of changes happening.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by qonone

lol

i have watch the movie The Secret and i do know roughly know what it is about at the end of the movie. interesting. i didn't read the book though.

Here's my opinion about "End of the World".

I would say...no.
it will not be end of the world.
it will just be GREAT CHAOS everywhere.

i believe Earth had withstand and endure tons of harm ever since its birth, be it the Ice Age or a Meteor...i dunno...but if Earth had lived this long...im sure it must have gone through some extremely bad moments of its Life.

Christians will not believe that its the end of the world either. because they (not all though) know that Earth has another 1000 years to live on...according to Revelation...somewhere in the last few pages.

ehh...if i happen to offend something while i was typing my opinions, i apologize in advance. if i am wrong in whatever i have said so far, do correct me.

Thank you.

[edit on 30-6-2008 by rasunin]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
heres a few things

John Titor claimed to come from 2036, he predicted CERN would build the LHC and create mini black holes. seems like life carried on after that if he came from 2036. the LHC does concern me, but imagine the possibilities if all goes as planned. we're prolly looking at things like in the movie iRobot, flying cars, new energy sources probably time travel or different dimensions.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by rasunin
reply to post by qonone

lol

i have watch the movie The Secret and i do know roughly know what it is about at the end of the movie. interesting. i didn't read the book though.

Here's my opinion about "End of the World".

I would say...no.
it will not be end of the world.
it will just be GREAT CHAOS everywhere.

i believe Earth had withstand and endure tons of harm ever since its birth, be it the Ice Age or a Meteor...i dunno...but if Earth had lived this long...im sure it must have gone through some extremely bad moments of its Life.

Christians will not believe that its the end of the world either. because they (not all though) know that Earth has another 1000 years to live on...according to Revelation...somewhere in the last few pages.

ehh...if i happen to offend something while i was typing my opinions, i apologize in advance. if i am wrong in whatever i have said so far, do correct me.

Thank you.

[edit on 30-6-2008 by rasunin]

There is nothing in revelations that says it will be 1000 years til the end.

[edit on 30-6-2008 by Soulstone]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I'm not worried at all really.

Now... if there was a lot of UFO activity over there... then I probably would be.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
The LHC is a brilliant peice of engineering, the field of physics is going to get really interesting very soon.

I think there is no danger coming from the LHC, except the knowledge gained.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
Their going to turn that thing on and a BigFoot gonna run right out the end of that 17 mile long tube and beat the crap out of everybody.

Hilarious!

[edit on 1-7-2008 by Rotgut-X]

[edit on 1-7-2008 by Rotgut-X]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Truth is I'm about 50/50 about the whole thing. I am afraid of the ramifications. But my curiousity is equal to my fears if not more powerful. The idea of what we will see with this machine (and hopefully I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a new dimension filled with new beings) intrigues me.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soulstone
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a new dimension filled with new beings) intrigues me.

Could be a device for creating a bridge so the cybermen can invade from another dimension and do battle with the daleks.... come on Doctor Who time to save us....

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by greenfruit

On a side note is Doctor Who worth watching?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Soulstone

Yes Doctor Who is great have watched it for 30 yrs so IMO yes it is worth watching.
AND the daleks are still the best baddies out there.... also the weeping angels episode was pretty good....

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Okay,

Been checking up on Cern and LHC this morning, was planning on posting the countdown and noticed the threads already up. Cool.

Little weird but I was reading this thread and I have tv on next to me and I turned on Doctor Who, good ep. called Blink, anywhoo turned back to comp and read the last two posts bout Dr.Who...Funny, not haha, but interesting, I have noticed alot of synchronicity lately. Off topic I know, just happened though so I mentioned it.

Now when this thing gets turned on in 4 days who knows what will happen, I am of the mind that science sometimes think they know what theyre doing and really dont. I am sure the analogy to the first atomic bomb test has been mentioned, ignite the atmoshpere was a possibility and they still pushed the button. silly wabbits. So who knows, maybe I will place a bet in Vegas, they have odds on anything.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Just a note about LHC.

The big worry of everyone is not scheduled for Aug 8.
Aug 8 is when the first protons will be injected into the machine, effectively putting the machine 'online'.
The first partical collision will not happen, the best I've found, between 1 and 3 months after.

What is happening on the 8th, is tantamount to building a new engine for your car, then connecting the battery to the engine, but not turning the engine on with the key yet.

[edit on 3/8/08 by Misfit]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenfruit
reply to post by Soulstone

also the weeping angels episode was pretty good....

Omg. I just noticed you said this and its the episode I'm watching right now. Synchronicity. Freaky lol.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
the hedron colliader was harmful for the earth and was said that the earth may be vanished in one daybecause of this?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join