It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Will The Earth Be Destroyed in August? Possibly

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Another thing i just noticed. The Letters LHC = 23. L is the 12th letter in the alphabet, H is the 8th and C is the 3rd.Add them up = 23. Adn we all know that 2 divided by 3 is .666 the number of the Beast, or Antichrist. Could this atom smasher open up a portal for the antichrist? Who knows we'll just have to wait it out...

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

Bah that would suck! since it is the day before mine

Oh wells, I guess only time will tell if this disaster comes to pass for real.

[edit on 30-6-2008 by Marshall Ormus]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaimless
...If I worried about dying every time one of these posts came up I would be in a psych hospital forever plus a day... ha ha

If you want a room with a view you need to make sure you don't jot down all of the things that will happen, in stead only do a few, that way, you can still see the stars at night and the sun during the day. Otherwise you'll be in a white room with lots of pillows, very comfortable I might add especially if your tired.

However this smashing of the atom could open the door way to let the underworld in to help kick off the apocalypses.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Hello. I have been following the hype of this experiment for a while now.

I found an article which more or less echos our apprehensions.

Being haled as the largest experiment in history.

CNN.com

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Recently there was a scientist on Coast to Coast AM who is also worried about the potential of creating black holes. What he said, though, was that any black hole created would not immediately swallow the earth. He said at first it would be microscopic and zing right into outer space, where it would orbit the earth in some distance.

Over time it would pick up some particles here and there and gradually grow -- at the same time its orbit around the earth would get tighter and tighter.

This process would take about three to five years, the scientist said. In the end it would swallow the planet, but we wouldn't be able to detect the black hole until a few minutes before the very end.

And by the way, don't expect any revelations from anyone that a black hole was indeed created. The scientist said that the people running the Large Hadron Collider would have no means to detect if they had created one; so basically no one would know about the whole thing until the time of our total annihilation.

Comforting, isn't it? So, if we all die, at least we won't see it coming.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
If black hole takes 3 to 5 years time, then lets do some maths.

Atm its year 2008.. lets say black hole evolves 4 years. So 2008+4= 2012.

Maybe the Mayans were correct at the 2012 world ending thing

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I just did a thread about worrying only about the things you can affect. I think that has merit, and not a mental game. I think there is a low probability of the LHC causing a global problem. Is it possible? Yes, I think it's within the realm of things that are NOT impossible. Likely? I'm not a physicist, although theoretical physics is a hobby. These experiments are often compared with the scares surrounding previous colliader experiments. This is a bit different, in that the order of magnitude of energies involved is profoundly greater than before. Still, I think the liklihood of a serious repercussion is very slim. JMO. Keep in mind that the good folks of CERN are HOPING to create a micro-black hole. They think that if it happens, it will degrade within fractions of a second, but that will be a cause for much cork poppage if it happens.

Now, there's that other quirky thing, the possibility of creating strangelet particles. Worst case? we all morph into anti-goo and compress into a mass of indeterminant size. Doesn't sound like it'd hurt. My sense of things is that that is a even lower probability, and the liklier case, IMO, is that by September, we'll have new and improved real-life concerns to worry about.

Have fun, learn, teach, enjoy, listen, experience wonder and try not to sweat the things you can't change.

Okay, I'm through whining about my failed thread. ha

Peace

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr.Andreas
If black hole takes 3 to 5 years time, then lets do some maths.

Atm its year 2008.. lets say black hole evolves 4 years. So 2008+4= 2012.

Maybe the Mayans were correct at the 2012 world ending thing

except to the mayans it was the end of an age, not the end of the world

watching too many youtube videos huh?

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

That's basically accurate, as I understand it Sylvie, with the exception that IF a micro-black-hole is created, I believe there would be a myriad of indications of it. It's energies should be measurable, for one thing, as well as it's [hopeful] degrading into nothingness. Now, if it were detected, and then suddenly zip! nothing.........hmmmmm. Might have cause to break out a party keg or two, eat extra lobster, stop fretting about those extra pounds, avoid network TV.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Thier was an online atricle about this yesterday, in aol news. One of the guys, involved with the machine, himself stated,... if we felt their was any danger at all, in turnin on this machine, we simply wouldnt do it. Also siad, all the talk everyone is saying, about it creating a black hole, opening a new dimension its just rumors outta control.
read yesterdays aol news, it was front page i belive.I myslef, cannot understand WHY theyde wanna make a machine, tha destroys what is normal... i remember back in 1988, their was a huge magnet machine called the atom smasher..... if anyone rmemebers or knows it it, you know what im talking about. That was the first attempt at smashing atoms..
nothing happened, we are still here. But, for the life ofme, WHY? my answer is,
were humans, the one thing we are good at, is destroying. thats a fact.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Go ahead and keep posting about the end of the world. I'll flag and star each one. And when the dealine for each new "date of the end of the world" passes and we are all still here I'll be happy to refer you back to this and other posts so that maybe you realize that no one can truly predict the future. There are guessers - good guessers and bad guessers, but they are all stil guessing.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Soulstone

Ive been thinking...we have so many apocalyptic doomsday's to keep up with now. August 2008 (particle collider), September 2008 (world-wide economic crash), November 2008 (George Bush won't leave office), December 2012 - I think ATS needs an official Doomsday Calendar to keep track of all these dates. The worlds going to end many times over I guess we'll just be vaporized by the time 2012 gets here.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Yes its a fact, there earth is going to be a thing of the past. Nasa is getting ready to lauch an ARK to help the human race survive. If you have any other fortune telling question just ask us

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALightinDarkness

Ive been thinking...we have so many apocalyptic doomsday's to keep up with now. August 2008 (particle collider), September 2008 (world-wide economic crash), November 2008 (George Bush won't leave office), December 2012 - I think ATS needs an official Doomsday Calendar to keep track of all these dates. The worlds going to end many times over I guess we'll just be vaporized by the time 2012 gets here.

Remember, according to the Mayan Calendar, we're in the "Fifth Night" right now (November 2007 to November 2008)... historically, Fifth Nights are always when the greatest calamities happen.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
Go ahead and keep posting about the end of the world. I'll flag and star each one. And when the dealine for each new "date of the end of the world" passes and we are all still here I'll be happy to refer you back to this and other posts so that maybe you realize that no one can truly predict the future. There are guessers - good guessers and bad guessers, but they are all stil guessing.

Obviously they're guesses. Who says they are anything else?

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

So basically you were asking people to guess wether or not the world is going to end in August...hmm how strange. Anything else you want me to guess about, I have some good pics for lottery tickets and I do have some thoughts on were Earhart is but once again its only guessing...so its probably not right

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

The Mayan Calendar predicts doomsdays now too? It is just a calendar system...just because, for example, the Gregorian Calendar says its Friday does not mean evil is going to occur.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
This will not happen,

no 1 the man on coast to coast is completely wrong, any black hole of that size (tiny) would extinguish itself in nano seconds, it doesn't contain enough mass, what they would get is a black hole particle which could if detected fundamentally help us unserstand the multidimensional nature of a real black hole. Something that size would colapse in upon itself/decay fizzle...

no 2 the energy involved is such that he is vastly over assuming the stregnth of Earths gravity IF the Black Hole particle could maintain cohesion (and as above I doubt it could) it's launch velocity would be massive (potentially a breakthrough for faster than light travel) but so much enrgy would be involved that the particle wouldn't even remain in our solar system the sun wouldn't even hold it. The galaxy wouldn't hold it.

no 3 Black holes contrary to common belief do release some particles, the actual composition of the black hole itself, the theoretical particles in question would have more energy than the larger whole... unlike light, these particles could and surely are being thrown from Black holes all the time, if it remained cohesive, or were moving at speeds that even a distant stars gravity could restrain, the Black hole at the center of our galaxy would in essence be like a giant shooting gallery of these sorts of particles, taking out stars with such frequency as we would have spent our history watching them fade from the night sky... as obviously this is not happening, we can be sure the A: tangibility B: Velocity C: Gravity D: Energy or E: all of the above of these sorts of particles ejects them, probably far ahead of the expansion of the rest of the Universe

no 4 Quantum Physics and the effects we know happen as a result of Conciousness (the observer) on sub atomic particles would disallow for an unobserved particle of any kind to actually be a particle... it would exist as a wave form and expand outward as a gravity wave If the particle was created it would very likely be "unobserveable" due to the speed, size, energy etc... and become a gravity wave... which could be F'd up... an expanding wave of gravity would move at the speed of light and create a very strong (couldn't calculate it on the fly) wave of gravity which would cover the Earth for a fraction of a second... probably not long enough to affect buildings or structures, but it could on a large scale affect weather patterns i.e a 10 ft sudden drop in air mass world wide, or rupture of a few large fault lines over a wide area... or perhaps it would have only the most minor effects passing so fast... poorly balanced brooms fall over, a moment of pressure, maybe an anuerism or two in people world wide would rupture... in any event the gravity wave would be gone in well under a second by Quantum measure and the legnth of pressure, a single particle Black hole...to my guesstimate would at worst probably not topple a structure the gravity spike would be way to short...

So this could have some effects globally, but the promise of insight into faster than light travel, multi dimesnionality, quantum mechanics and mch more, far out wiegh the extremely low level of risk.

[edit on 30-6-2008 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienj

So basically you were asking people to guess wether or not the world is going to end in August...hmm how strange. Anything else you want me to guess about, I have some good pics for lottery tickets and I do have some thoughts on were Earhart is but once again its only guessing...so its probably not right

It's okay, you can calm down. I never stated this theory was true so I will excuse your ignorance and attempts to start a fight. No reason to bring your personal angst into the forum. I was hoping someone with physics could help verify the above posters thoughts, and my reason for posting this to begin with was to learn the physics behind it better from someone who might know more.

[edit on 30-6-2008 by Soulstone]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Banks going belly up. USD in the crapper. War and rumors of war. Bring on the strangelets and bigfoots. (i especially liked that angle).

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join