It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Will The Earth Be Destroyed in August? Possibly

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Forgive if this has already been posted. I have been hearing about it in real life a lot...However I am a bit scared of this at the moment.

The most powerful atom-smasher ever built could make some bizarre discoveries, such as invisible matter or extra dimensions in space, after it is switched on in August.

But some critics fear the Large Hadron Collider could exceed physicists' wildest conjectures: Will it spawn a black hole that could swallow Earth? Or spit out particles that could turn the planet into a hot dead clump?
[continued]

Also this thread seems like it might tie into it: www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 29-6-2008 by Soulstone]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Yes, actually, it has been posted. Several times in fact. Please utilize the search bar.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
so is it July or August?

i think the people behind LHC ought to be more a little more determine on when they want to start turning on that thing. Otherwise...just forget the whole damn thing.

they keep postponing...although i do know for a few facts that in the past, they did try to switch it on and some machinery broke down even before it can operate at its full potential.

but now...if all the additional preparations and repairs done...they should be more frank with us as to...when do they really want to switch it on.

here is a site: www.lhcountdown.com

so is it July or August?

[edit on 29-6-2008 by rasunin]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Oh sorry everyone I didn't know it was posted. My bad. I guess it's July then.....the article said August though I thought.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Soulstone

No worries, it happens a lot.
If you're worried, read some of the threads here about it, you'll find some pretty good info about it, as well as the likelihood of destruction. Which is sort of why we ahve the search feature.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by rasunin

here is a site: www.lhcountdown.com

[edit on 29-6-2008 by rasunin]

Had a look at your link, looks like I only have about 7 days and 7 hours and x amount minutes.

So I think I will take granddads advice on "Little Miss Sunshine" and have lots of sex.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
haha...there was someone who posted that link.

i just bookmarked that website and this thread happened to catch my eyes. so i thought i might as well try to clarify the date.

we all would want to be ready on the day when it comes...wouldn't we?

but we had to make sure what day it is first.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Sorry again. I jumped the gun I guess.

reply to post by greenfruit

Agreed.

[edit on 29-6-2008 by Soulstone]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
So just wondering how many of the world ending news reports have ended up on this site since it began?

August the world will end?

I just read another post that says a major disaster is happening in September...

And then there is the 2012 thing... etc... etc...

etc... etc... etc...

If I worried about dying every time one of these posts came up I would be in a psych hospital forever plus a day... ha ha

No seriously I can't spend my time worrying about it because I live in the moment, that's all any of us have any way.
Death is inevitable for all of us, whether it happens in August, or 2012, or tomorrow. But one thing is for sure, when any of us die, it will be our last day. It happens to all of us sooner or later, get use to the idea and accept it, you will be a lot happier.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Their going to turn that thing on and a BigFoot gonna run right out the end of that 17 mile long tube and beat the crap out of everybody.

Thats my guess.

[edit on 29-6-2008 by RUFFREADY]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

That would actually be awesome!

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaimless

Yeah but the thing with this is, we know about it in advance, and have the chance to lobby the government to shut the project down before it gets turned on, thus we can prevent our deaths.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
If the world ends, at least they set it for when I have to go back to work. I'm off this week. Maybe I should party like it's 1999.

The only real disaster I'm concerned about right now is a possible financial meltdown. Hopefully that won't happen either.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Anyone wanna start a pool?...I got August 19th! It's my B-day ...lol It would kick arse for the world to be sucked into a blackhole on MY birthday!

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
here's a far-out theory - the LHC will be used to prevent the earth's cosmic alignment in 2012, thereby preventing or delaying the return of Ra or Ea/Enki or any type of ascension or dimensional change. or on the flipside will be used to usher either of their return. call me crazy, but you'll never know.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I don't believe that it is possible for humans to make something that could destroy everything like they are saying this will. This is WWWAAAAYYYYY beyond our scope and very highly unlikely.

Hell, most of us can't program the DVR with all certainty, let alone a few of us come up with a black hole inducing machine that would swallow up everything.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
My 2 worthless cents.

The more people believing in such a prediction brings together the power of the mind, basically the law of attraction. This is why people should stop predicting future events and wait it out. All of us will die but i don't want to part of that "believe it is the end" so i do not believe any prediction of man.

I don't believe this will get billions of peoples attention or that most of the world are even aware of LHC. If a few billion should sit, be it 7 days from now or in 2012 and believe it will be an event, something could go down..what though i am not sure but i trust my instinct/heart that we won't enjoy it. I think 2012 have the most minds troubled, but i do not buy it one bit.

Flesh's appetite for destruction is something i do not understand.

[edit on 6/30/2008 by qonone]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Many sources out there have said time and time again that Earth will not be destroyed. Most of the sources are esoteric/spiritual-based though. They claim Earth is important to the rest of the solar system and will not be destroyed.

I believe all the hype of the dangers of the collider are put there to try and stop the program. It's a common tactic. To keep what you don't want to happen, merely tell everyone it's "bad." Many will buy into this, but some will not.

Kinda like that cereal commercial. It's got oatmeal and all kinds of stuff in it. But, "you won't like it." And remember what happened with eggs. One day they were "bad," and the next day they were "good."

There is a group out there that does not want this collider project to begin. I think perhaps they are afraid others might learn too much, which will undermine plans.

*shrugs*

It's hard to tell these days what is true or false. Too much disinfo out there.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ceara
Many sources out there have said time and time again that Earth will not be destroyed. Most of the sources are esoteric/spiritual-based though. They claim Earth is important to the rest of the solar system and will not be destroyed.

Yes. the pale blue dot. Many believe what you said, i like to believe this.

Originally posted by CearaIt's hard to tell these days what is true or false. Too much disinfo out there.

I totally agree with all you said. They want our minds somewhere else, to interrupt people where they can and when they can.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

Yeah I'm more concerned right now with a financial meltdown as well.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join