It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If humanity was truely threatened ya think we would see futursitic weapons come out of the woodworks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Ive always wondered if something like the Cloverfield movie happened do you think we would see different types of weapons coming out of the wood work that the US military has never allowed civilians to see? Unconventional weapons such as lasers, maybe sound weapons or a whole new type of weapon or weapons far advanced of anything we have seen or thought we had?

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I'm definitely awaiting the laser defense grid to save us from nuclear obliteration.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
My younger brother just got out of the Air Force. He was a Captain in charge of base security, guarding nukes, Stealth aircraft, the whole shebang. And he had very high security clearance. Not the highest mind you, and he told me he had seen things that would amaze me. But, of course, he wouldn't tell me. The Stealth aircraft were in use years before anyone ever heard of them. Half the US budget is 'Black Budget'. Half! Unaccounted for. Do we have new advanced weapons? Nawww.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
They already have lasers in use in Iraq right now. There's a thread on here about it if you look it up.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Only to a limited degree. We have a pretty good idea of the state of the art in lasers, acoustic weapons and other areas. Whilst therte may be some exotic weapons developments which were not pursued in the white world (in particular int he nuclear field) it would be very irresponsible to waste billions on developments which would never be of any use. Nukes, at least, have a deterrent value; a weapon that you don't tell anyone about doesn't even have that.

Besides, I don't think it's likely to impress aliens. Anyone capable of interstellar travel is likely to have rather better technology.

new topics

top topics

join