It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Plans On Attacking Iran Before Leaving Office!!! CNN Report!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I just saw Seymour Hersh on CNN now talking about his article. This will be very interesting if President Bush actually plans on attacking Iran.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Another interesting article on the oil shipping lane....

AFP
US 'won't allow' Iran to shut key Gulf oil route
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Bush wants that oil. Simple as that.

He knows the economy is screwed, and his plans on attacking Iraq were to get their oil to help fund the war, making the US a profit. But that plan didn't work too well, and the war ended up costing us more than what we could profit from, so now he wants to seek a new means of money.

This is going to be at the cost of Iranian lives, but as long as he can get US money and get more oil for the US, he thinks he can bow out gracefully.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Ignoring intelligence????

I'm starting to feel like I'm in Groundhog Day...

I hope there is another lie fest at the UN. That last one was fun!! Colin Powell really sucked at lying, I bet Connie will do better.....

"The problem here is that there will always be some uncertainty about how quickly he can acquire nuclear weapons. But we don't want the smoking gun to be a mushroom cloud."

Ooooooooh, scary!
Oh, it's gonna be FUN!!!

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

According to my neighbor who has friends that live in Iran, this type of spying and covert operations along with flyovers and bombings close to the border of Iran have been going on for years now, it's only now hitting the news because the attack is soon, therefore we can ready the masses of people.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

Well I am going to believe CNN becasue there is absolutley no partisianship in their reporting. Now if they hated Bush and constantly leaned to the far left and because of that reason their ratings were dropping like rocks and if every timeslot they were getting beat by Fox and needed a far left loon story to try and get viewership.....well then I wouldnt believe it!!!!

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
If Bush attacks Iran or backs up Israel in an attack on Iran, I think it will be a tipping point for many people worldwide.

Reluctant eyes will start to open. It took a long time and many outrages for peace loving people worldwide to finally see Hitler for what he was.

Will a "shock and awe" style orgy in Iran be the tipping point? I can't speak for others but I know I'm very close to a decision about the US myself.

Please America, don't be "good Germans". Stop the maniac from attacking Iran.

Edited for precision.

[edit on 30-6-2008 by ipsedixit]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Well you elected the officials we have in office now. Although I am interested in what you would do if your goverment did go to war with Iran to stop the continued killing of americans in Iraq and the forseeable devastion they want to cause in Isreal. So tell me, what would you do? Pick up a weapon and help defend your country? or become a Airs guys and start blowing things up?

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Oil. Seems like most think it’s all about the oil. Surely not, IMO. There are many other places to attain oil, if that were the real purpose. For another thing, there are too many technologies coming to fruition, such as the alga ethanol, i.e. (Notice the US government has yet to approve this technology. Why the delay?) The world’s dependence on oil is soon coming to an end, along with the power that accompanies the dependence. The PTB know this. All the governments are puppets in a game they only think they know how to play. IMO, they are all being played by the PTB.

So the question becomes, What is the real purpose? Why Iran? What, other than oil do they have that would be indispensable? Or is it relative to the location, perhaps? Maybe nothing more than a means to an end. I just think we should look a little further. Oil is far too simple an answer. It’s too easy. After all, oil affects everyone and everything, therefore, it is a great tool. But not really as necessary as it seems. Just stop holding back on technologies that will free us from the oil. It can be done, using mostly existing infrastructure. This could have been done anytime over the last 30 years. But it wasn't. The tool is too effective not to use.

There is more to this than meets the eye, and all the powerful politicians are patsies in a bigger game than even they imagine.

Of course, just IMHO.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by alienj

You are asking for a simple answer to a complicated question. First, just to be clear. I am not a US citizen. I'm a Canadian.

I want to see political action to stop, repeat, stop this rogue president's influence on American foreign policy. Whatever it takes: impeachment, witholding war appropriations, massive civil disobedience, anything legal.

I want to see US legislators start to hunt around in their pants for their balls and start to do their effing jobs and make sure this president doesn't circumvent every legislative check on him.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Annoyed

This is what people seem to have a hard time realizing...every time the Leader of Iran speaks he talks about annialating Israel. Sooner or later Ahmadinejad is going to unleash nuclear holocaust on Isreal. That’s not a conspiracy theory that is what has come out of his mouth. Now if a country was threatening the US with nuclear war what would we do. We would protect ourselves and that is what Israel said they would do. So, we are a very good allies of Israel and if Iran ever did attack them then we would have to stand behind Israel in a Nuclear war. Our president is trying to push Iran economy into collapse right now so the leadership of that country will loose its hold on the country and new leadership might spring up. In doing so our Government is hoping that the economic pressures on the country will keep it from pushing forward with and war making capability and cause Iran to look more at its infrastructure and people therefore keeping them from attacking Israel. So basically our country is trying to stop WW3. That is why we have added pressure on Iran right now. Do you guys realize that Iran is trying to hurt us economically right now. Did you know that they are stock piling Oil right now trying to get oil prices up to cause economic pressure in the west. Ahmadinejad said that, that is not a theory it is the truth. Iran is helping to drive oil prices up to hurt us...I have stated nothing but facts. It is a fact that if Iran continues down this path that Israel will take action and when that happens, we will have to stand behind them.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Thought i should post some links to my facts

www.worldpress.org...
www.upstreamonline.com...

www.israeltoday.co.il...

www.timesonline.co.uk...

Notice I did not link to any Blogs or Overseas websites, or hard left or hard right sites. These sites are mainstream sites with integrity.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by alienj

I leave for Israel tomorrow, I stay close to Tel Aviv every time I go...
I hope to god nothing happens while I'm there...
I hope to god nothing happens to Israel at all...

... why can't EVERYONE be more like Canada?

While some may argue this is not our war, same with the one we have going on now, I would hope Israel does something sooner than later.
A small country like that with so many other countries hating on it has to act and be tough if they stand a shot at survival...

EDIT TO ADD:
I just clicked on you Israel Today link, I cant help but wonder if the US and Europe giving Israel the go ahead is just some way for the US to say, "Well, we have to back Israel now that they attacked..." in order to infiltrate the country.

[edit on 30-6-2008 by Odessy]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by alienj

I agree, alienj. Though I don't think that's all there is to it.

"That’s not a conspiracy theory that is what has come out of his mouth."

Yes, it certainly has.

"Do you guys realize that Iran is trying to hurt us economically right now. Did you know that they are stock piling Oil right now trying to get oil prices up to cause economic pressure in the west. Ahmadinejad said that, that is not a theory it is the truth. Iran is helping to drive oil prices up to hurt us...I have stated nothing but facts."

You are correct, IMO.

"It is a fact that if Iran continues down this path that Israel will take action and when that happens, we will have to stand behind them."

Again, I agree.

Are we already up the creek without a paddle?

I agree that this has far more to do with the nukes than it does with the oil. Why do people keep saying that we want their oil? Maybe they do, but I want OFF oil! Give us a permanent solution. It's not like we don't know they exist.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

Its not a matter of us saying it or not, the US doesnt have to say jack in public about having Israels back,,,,its a given. Presidents of our allied countries talk guys,,,I am sure its a given that we will back Israel. They have been one of our best allies in the war on terror, in the middle east,,,in giving us tatical information we need, in helping our covert actions. There is no other country that helps us in middle east affairs as much as Israel. And yes Israel is a country where every border it has except the one to the sea is Hostile. Could you imagine living in a country like that, you would want a couple of superpower friends if you were in that postion, and the fact that they allign themselves with us hurts them almost as much as it helps them.. So for them being our friends is a 2 edged sword.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by alienj

I'm not trying to minimize the problem. I know what Ahmedinejad has been saying. Analyzing Ahmedinejad, his pronouncements and the reasons for them is probably at least one whole thread in itself. I know he makes Israel apprehensive. I take your points there.

Let me list some of the threats to Israel. It's small size. It's dependancy on foreign (US) financial and military aid. Hundreds of millions of neighbors who want to be rid of it. Divisions among Jews themselves about whether there should be a Jewish state. It's population of Arabs and the demographic realities inherent, i.e. that Jews could become a minority in their own country. The track record and unpopularity of apartheid regimes in this world, a kind of regime that Israel must become to maintain the fact of a Jewish homeland.

Some of these could become terminal illnesses. Israel's atomic weapons and military might are no bulwark against these things. The world is heading for a multicultural future. People who want cultural preserves of the sort that Israel wants generally live on reservations.

Should Iran be permitted to acquire nuclear weapons. No. But another non-military way has to be found to make them see reason. Israel itself does not require nuclear weapons (What are their nuclear weapons currently deterring?) and should be requested by it's important friends to divest itself of those weapons. We need de-escalation in the middle east by all concerned.

If Israel uses a nuke on Iran, or cleans Iran's clock militarily, what's next? Peace ever after. I don't think so. There are many ways to skin a cat. It would be a tragedy if Israel had to find out what those ways are.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
It's about time!
We need to stimulate this economy again!
We should at least give them time to finish digging their own graves.
That would be the civil thing to do.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

That is exactly the point I am trying to make. Our goverment is trying to pause the violence the possibility of any type of aggression btween anyone and Israel. Can you imagine if Israel fell and the hundreds of nukes that Israel has falling into terrorist hands. You would start seeing people straping nukes to them and doing suicide runs. We would have an obligation to the world not to let Israel's arsenal fall into the wrong hands since we probably helped them get most of them. It is a no win situation and you can only keep the cat in the bag for so long. Someting is going to break sooner or later and I would bet money on Israel's patience being the first thing to go. If they even suspect that Iran has a nuke and is about to smuggle it or fire it into the country they are going to retaliate and I will assure you they will not ask our advice. My dad was a diplomate for the Philippine Embassy, now that doesnt say much about Israel but he knew the diplomats from the middle east and the way they worked and he still gets information from time to time. Israel is like a scared dog, stick your hand out to pet it and its likely to bite you.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienj

It is a no win situation and you can only keep the cat in the bag for so long. Someting is going to break sooner or later and I would bet money on Israel's patience being the first thing to go.

Unfortunately we have a conjunction at this time of right wing regimes in both the US and Israel. It makes the likelyhood of military action against Iran much greater than it normally would be. I think it would be a terrible mistake if military action were taken.

The trend line of the Bush foreign policy leads to greater polarization in the world, which is starting to appear more and more like the world did just prior to WW1.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I wonder... When did the Global Warming theory come into main stream and how long after that were the rules for lending changed? I think around 1990 all hell broke loose with lending money to anyone and everyone.

It would be interesting to see what correlation the banking industry had in deciding to relax rules for lending compared to the real threat of serious free or very clean and cheap energy.

Not that I think anyone is devious enough (sarcasm) to see a threat of the real "Free Man" and design a 20 year plan to create a two prong crisis to bring humanity to the brink once again....

1. The Credit Bubble
And just when that bubble is bursting....
2. Deregulation & Oil Speculation
The next step? Destroy half of humanity through a Great Depression and Global Warfare on a scale never see before?

Does it make any sense at all to allow oil speculation in a credit crisis? It makes no sense to me at all. Why has the dollar been allowed to fall in value at the same time all this is going on?

Is it market forces? I think it all goes back to lending policies and the great housing boom of the early 90's. I think that is when the entire plan was laid to bring about this mess and I think it was planned and executed with precision.

I think those in power were seeing that the technological advancement of humanity was on track for worldwide individual energy independence. That this advancement was leading to an actual freedom that would have been unprecedented if allowed to be realized and something needed to be done.

Edit to Add: I in no way believe in manmade Global warming. I think that was one of the catalysts that scared the bankers into acting here though.. That along with our technology advancement led them to create the “20 year solution.”

[edit on 01/01/2008 by Perplexed]

[edit on 01/01/2008 by Perplexed]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join