It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 Angry Men and clarity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Moderators can edit this as they wish, or let me know

I like believers. I like skeptics. On all sides. I like people who aren't bothered. I like people who don't take themselves too seriously. I like the Almighty Boss. I like Aliens. I like Dogs. Cats are weird, and I like that.

This site is great, people who didn't have a voice some years ago (before the net, there was just books and tv) can now fill each other's heads with all kinds of crap. And truths of course. It's a batcave.

I'm sure that there are a few threads in this whole throbbing ATS organism which have been resolved, to some degree, as either hoax or genuine or ongoing in some way - The Jury still being out.

So are there any verdicts? How about a special "stamp" by the supreme site commander, on Threads to indicate their "level of Debunked-ness"? Perhaps colour coded signals/tags that tell if the material is faked, undecided, or genuine. Maybe little traffic lights.. just an idea.

And how about a little colour dot for members who continuously bash other members? A kind of warning light (redder for strict warnings, fading back to green if not renewed. eventually vanishing). I may collect quite a few myself, as I have to refrain from calling some users total w-nk-rs, who love to hear/read their own opinions. Subjective, rigid, closed-minded, smug ego-maniacs who's enthusiasm outweighs their patience/thoughtfulness. Yes, I'm trying to get it out of my system.

I love enthusiasm, except when it is chaotic. So many Threads are filled with "off topic" comments where people have to retrace and explain what they wrote, It makes reading quite difficult. Certain threads can take hours to catch-up with and most of it is like walking through mud - slow going with no direction. It's usually because people didn't read properly or didn't write clearly.

So please be my guest and argue, but make a valid point. Type into a text file first if it helps to clarify your thoughts.

I know some of you are thinking "I don't need to clarify my thoughts, I'm brilliant I am. blah blah." You may be, you may not be, I don't care. If your angry, type it out.. but go and calm down before you re-read and post. There are a few posts that might as well begin... "your only saying that because.." or "what I meant was.." or something like that.

(having said that, I'll probably be next with my hands around some moron's neck. Not just for being a moron, but for proving it to us all so effectively)

Also, if your going to bother putting an outline around your "Yeti" or something, could you please put the photo side-by-side with the pic that's not scribbled on? It would mean that the readers don't have to go through the rest of the thread looking for it to evaluate it for themselves. Thanks.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, I understand that time is a valuable commodity around here.

Also, Kudos for putting fragile ideas out in the open like you do, constantly.
You guys rock!

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I started writing this to write down an idea I had for the site, then I had another idea, then I was ranting about people who attack each other. The post got longer and longer.

God knows where it will go from here.

There is something I'd like to share with you, on the subject of anger and negativity.

A Cherokee teachings of life story

join