It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That'll be 20 AMEROS please...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   

(JUST AN EXAMPLE NOT ACTUAL MONEY... YET)

Yep. that's how it might look like. Do you like?

No? But why?

Yeah I don't like it either.

But that's not really what I don't like about it. The fact that it exists and is going to be part of the actual coin currency soon is just making me sick.

There's enough info on the internet about AMERO, but I think this short video says it best :

Here are some misc. links on Amero

www.theregister.co.uk...

current.com...

www.indymedia.org.uk...

en.wikipedia.org...

Tell me, good people of AT•S?

How will you feel when your favorite movie quotes about certain amount of money they called BUCKS will no longer fit the 'bill'? When you can't say that'll be two bucks or dollars. AMERO.

Yeah that's all we need right now. A slap in the face after ALL the things we've been through.

Since I've seen AMERO actually being reported on TV, I know it's real. Like ECU (before it was changed to EURO), it was on TV too, just between companies and then shortly after that it became a tangible hard cash people had to get used to. ECU didn't work out well so they changed it to EURO.

Are we seeing the same changes in the US? It sure looks like it...

So, who'll be on the flip side of the currency? Bush Jr? What's going on here?

Give me your thoughts on this and let's put it in perspective.

[edit on 29-6-2008 by Element-115]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The Amero?

Probably quite useful, I sure know the Euro has been for everyone in Europe, including those visiting.

The rest of that video?

Worrying in the extreme.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The American dollar has been acceptable currency in both Canada and Mexico for a long time if I remember correctly. Maybe not legal tender, but I understand it is generally accepted.

I do think tying the American dollar to the Canadian dollar would be a rather terrible idea, given the fact that Greenspan, Bernake, etc. have destroyed the value of the American dollar and allowed the Canadian dollar to jump ahead. The Canadians should not be tied to our ailing currency.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by evanmontegarde
The American dollar has been acceptable currency in both Canada and Mexico for a long time if I remember correctly. Maybe not legal tender, but I understand it is generally accepted.

I do think tying the American dollar to the Canadian dollar would be a rather terrible idea, given the fact that Greenspan, Bernake, etc. have destroyed the value of the American dollar and allowed the Canadian dollar to jump ahead. The Canadians should not be tied to our ailing currency.

It'll probably just be an entirely new currency, as we got here in Europe. Which is quite an impressive feat, mixing very stable currencies such as the Deutschmark with very weak ones such as the Lira.

Overall it's worked alright, even with the current inflation caused by food and oil prices.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The fantasy coin Amero in the OP has a very interesting bit of political commentary with the lightning bolts of the SS in the eagle's talons.

Also, bizarre beyond belief is the official designation of an 'A' surrounded by a circle as the symbol for the Amero (such as the current '$' sign). Everyone knows that an encircled A is the universal graffito for 'Anarchy'.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
It's the forming of a new central bank" The Totalitarian Tiptoe " towards mommy and daddy looking after us all. I can hardly wait for my family to be chipped , now I'll know where my children are. Thanks

Over my dead body

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Element-115

Actually, that won't be 20 Ameros. The ordering period for that particular coin has already ended. You can, however, still get a slightly different pattern version for $18.00 plus shipping and handling, while the current inventory lasts.

Daniel Carr's catalogue page

Sorry, sold out!

Still available in limited numbers

Seriously, folks. How many times do we have to keep linking the same images back to Daniel Carr's website? The (expletive deleted) coins are being minted as collectibles, not as currency. Personally, I think they're better looking than a lot of legitimate coinage, and can't wait to see the 2009 ones...and heaven knows, I'll see plenty of them here on ATS.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Brother Stormhammer

Yeah, but then it's just an illustrated "taste if you like you buy" kind of thing...

So far it's not sitting well with me. I'm already angry about the changed they've made to the Dollar Bill.

Traveling with the new US dollar bills are often met with skepticism. People in South East Asia won't even take them when you try to convert your Dollar. They think it's fake.

I had to have an actual paper from my bank stating the validity of the bills, showing pictures etc.

So... Just how advanced do you suppose this new currency will be? All of them chipped? Even coins?

top topics

join