It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End The Reign Of The Judges!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
No matter what side of the isle you lean to , Right or Left, you must admit that the judges have ruined this country and we must end this insanity!

End the reign of the judges and let the voice of the people make the decision!

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I don't get it, what's your solution? Are you wanting citizens to directly vote for judges?? What makes you think the result is going to be any different??

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I understand what you're saying but I disagree to a degree and here's why. The man on the ground level (police for the most part) used to have the sense and the balls for lack of a better term to not enforce laws that go against what many of us believe. Unfortunately now-a-days that is not the case most police are content, some are zelous to just let the courts handle it, instead of being our last buffer from the overbearing Gov't they have become their stormtropers.
Another reason things are getting out of hand is us, oh not me, and probably not you, but us as in the general populace. "We" have become sooo irresponsible that we are deserving of the present dictatorship (slight exageration). I don't get the present day interpretation of the Constitution and Bill of Rights, but if we as a whole refuse to obey and the citizen cops refuse to arrest then what power does the court have? No paper anywhere gives or takes away "rights" you only have the rights that you are strong enough to assert, and we are much stronger united than divided. But just try to get a group to make a stand about anything! It just doesn't happen anymore. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by racegunz

Excelent point. A sensible population is more than a balance to an insane judge. The problem is it's arguable how sensible a population is... especially when it's under a cultural onslaught from the likes of hollywood and when the education system is broken down and families are divided.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I have found in my dealings with court systems, all they care about is the money from your pocket to there coffers. It is a system built on the premise of your money is there money for entering there realm.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTriangle
I don't get it, what's your solution? Are you wanting citizens to directly vote for judges?? What makes you think the result is going to be any different??

No, I am saying let the populace vote up or down on important issues such as abortion and gun ownership and such.
The judges that are supposed to "interpret" the laws not make them as they see fit!

new topics

top topics

join