It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Website Claims..) Iraqi Cilvilians Massacared By American Soldiers (Highly Graphic)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   

On May 20, 2008 in the village of Al Mazraa, near Baiji, Salahuddin Province, Iraq-

Eight relatives and a neighbor on their way to a homecoming party for a detainee released from Camp Bucca were shot and killed by American soldiers as they waited on the road outside the neighborhood. American soldiers were conducting raids in the area, so neighbors had warned the family to stay away from the area until the patrol was over.

As the two car convoy was waiting nearby, an American helicopter nearby opened fire on the vehicles. As the vehicles were hit, the drivers attempted to seek cover, but both vehicles were repeatedly shot and disabled. The helicopter landed but instead of assisting those shot and needing medical help, the American soldiers killed any survivors and then wrote numbers on the foreheads of some. Several children including a young girls body are clearly visible, and the wounds suffered by the men are horrific. The vehicle is clearly shot with many rounds and the seats and road is covered with blood. Iraqi police were called to the scene to remove the bodies, and some video footage was taken. It is clear that these people were unarmed civilians.

American troops did eventually enter the house where over 50 Iraqis were gathered for the homecoming party, and the soldiers proceeded to destroy furniture and belongings as they conducted their search. No one in the house was harmed.

Video Link

***This video is highly graphic***
Mod Edit. - this video is very disturbing and not for those people with a sensitive nature, as it depicts dead children and their families

I am just wondering why this is not reported in MSM. I wonder what does War actually do to a person. I just don't know which side is right?

[edit on 30/0608/08 by neformore]

Mod Edit - changed title of thread to better reflect the article in question

[edit on 30/0608/08 by neformore]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
This is the sorry thing about war. The purpose of war is to kill people and break things.
These guys are trained to kill, and so that is what they do. Everyone not them is the enemy, so kill it.

I cannot condemn them for this. Add to their training, the psychoactive drugs that they are given. They are not the same men who got on the transport ships, and many of them are not the same when they come back. Many of them will never be the same.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
I am just wondering why this is not reported in MSM.

Maybe because it's a lie?

This is enemy proganda and there is no proof of how these people died.

There's no question in my mind which side is right.

[edit on 2008/6/29 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

Pure psychobabble.

I will grant you that no one returns from war unchanged, but this is a subject that has been studied for more than half a century and no evidence has ever been found to indicate that combat veterans are more or less violent than other citizens. Core values and socialization are better predictors of violence.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

how do you know it's a lie?

and which side do you believe is right? and why?

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Thankfully, your the minority these days Grady.
Past shows that the Americans are just as capable of performing sick, cold blooded murder and covering it up.

If Its not alqaed's fault, its #te militia
If its not #te militia its Iranian agents.
If its not iranian agents its X iraqi officials.

And its not Iraqi officials, well, its a matter of national security, its the fog of war, or its a tangible threat taken down.

Under no circumstances, can it ever be an American solider killing an innocent, unarmed Iraqi...

or atleast until someone shows damning evidence...
thats the only time one can admit to an American killing an Iraqi.

Pull on those blinkers Grady, we're goin in!

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
This is the sorry thing about war. The purpose of war is to kill people and break things.
These guys are trained to kill, and so that is what they do. Everyone not them is the enemy, so kill it.

If that's the case, then way are we constently briefed on LOAC prior to a deployment??? Why do US troops are sometimes put in harms way to AVOID engaging civilians???

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I didn't see any US military. There poor people could have been killed by other Iraqi's.

This could have been at a check point and they tried to run it.

The written story could very well be made up also.

You need to show some video of car that is loaded with women and children that in reality is a bomb blowing up at a check point.

Roper

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
All of my friends over there are very sorry whenever they hurt innocent citizens. believe me they feel very bad and talk about it for days after wards trying to clean their concious. and nobody they kill that's a civilian they do on purpose. It's usually (always) the fog of war that gets in the way.

I can't condemn these soldiers either.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

Fair enough to,
Its war, people die bad stuff happens.
And the fog of war is a major factor.

But that doesnt mean thats the case 100% of the time.
Haditha rings a bell.

I believe that sort of thing goes on a hell of a lot more than we're told.
And to immediately assume that in this case, its American's being innocent isnt the right way.

There's different assumptions that could be made, but to be just and fair one has to accept that American's blatantly killing for fun/anger is one of those options, primarily because its happened various times in this war, and the government has shown how comfortable it is with lying to coverup thus instances.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roper
I didn't see any US military. There poor people could have been killed by other Iraqi's.

Of course you didn't see any US troops.

Don't you see the scheme.

Poster A posts a video from an enemy website that claims that the poor victims were killed by the evil, drugged, US soldiers.

Then, without any scrutiny whatsoever, Posters B, C, D, E... chime in with their armchair psychology and personal anecdotes that have no connection to the event in question, but are meant to affirm without question that indeed American service members are poor, confused fools who kill indiscriminately and agonize over it all later among themselves and a few close friends.

It's a shame to see our website used in such a shameless manner.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Seems odd that a car that was shot up by a helicopter has only a couple of holes in the roof and bonnet (Hood) yet all the bullet holes are are at or below roof height.

Surely a helicopter hovering above the vehicle in question would have the majority of its rounds enter via the top of the vehicle.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Show me some proof that the incident in question involved US soldiers, then we can talk about blinkers.

You're too transparent. A child could see through you.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
The scheme I see the the "blame America first Americans".

"Believe none of what you read and half of what you see". As long as you were there to see it.

Roper

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Im not saying anything definitive,
im saying its rather ignorant to immediately ignore the fact that US Soliders could have done this before, and could be the case here again.

Its obvious that being your American, any other scenario is the right scenario, as long as your hero's dont get shown in any bad light.

I think we're both rather transparent,
but I find in youth, your more open to idea's.
instead of being stubborn on something no one can prove.

[edit on 29-6-2008 by Agit8dChop]

[edit on 29-6-2008 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Bullet holes are rather small. I don't think they came from a .50 or a 30MM.

Why some of the bodies were numbered and some aren't?

As someone said, not many holes in the roof of the vehicle, but a buttload of them in the sides. Looks like they drove into an ambush of some sort.

US troops? If so, this would be on MSM. I'm willing to bet it was insurgents that hit these people, and blamed the US. Why not? Seems like a lot of people here automatically swallow the story; hook, line and sinker.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
The way I see it... soldiers are just more pawns. This "hate the soldiers" stuff... I don't support the soldiers killing people and things and whatnot over there and not seriously questioning and revolting against their superiors (which may have happened, I'm sure)... but I can't hate the soldiers. I almost joined the army gosh almost three years ago... but the night before I was gunna go in and enlist, I stumbled upon "9/11 Mysteries"...well someone insisted I watch it (he's disappeared now, by the way....anyone remember Dudebitchin911?).

Before that night... I would've gone, I would've shot, I would've killed, I would've supported America til death.

"And on the seventh building, God Silverstein said "pull it!" ahhh that's a good one...

But I support people surviving tragedy... I don't support the troops. I support the people inside the troops that may not come home alive or normal again because of the government's brainwashing them into dogs of war.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
I think we're both rather transparent,
but I find in youth, your more open to idea's.
instead of being stubborn on something no one can prove.

You must be getting up there.

Of course I'm transparent. I have no hidden agenda.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I wouldn't believe half of what is shown on the vid. The place where you see men being thrown off the building is pictures taken by Saddam's people throwing them not the US Army. Its really amazing how some people will say anything and not research it. I hope that a lot of people will condemn this before any weak minded people start to believe this garbage.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Just wanted to state my stance. I don't know what happened that is why I posted, I also copied the headline from the page. Just wanted to let people know where I stood, since I posted.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join