It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BonnyBridge <Stunning Footage>

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 1nL1ghtened

If it were me taking the video, I would be totally invested in the object and not worry about people saying it was fake. That is my observation and why I think it is probably a fake. I appreciate you being kind and reading what skeptics are saying. I am not a skeptic of UFOs, but I want to be very careful before I believe everything I read or see. I also like to play devil's advocate!

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   

My picture from Gino shows there is some thing around it.

Ok where? I see two small pixels which are probably stars. I cannot see what you and Gino are referring too or what it could possibly be sitting on. I dont take it as an attack I value what your saying....please feel free to set me straight if in fact I am mistaken.

Tell you what, Ill up the stakes and consult a friend of mine Jeff Ritzmann and see what he has to say. He will NOT embellish to suit someones cause or to fit my interpretation and will call it as it really is. Again thank you Dan..we need to intelligently debate these things as we are doing.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Let's assume the originator of video is on the level.
Why take cam off object and pan bathroom? That makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
Let's assume the originator of video is on the level.
Why take cam off object and pan bathroom? That makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever.

All too often we see videos of "lights in the sky". It appears to me, he does this to give the shot some perspective...so you can see where he is filming it from....and how the camera apertures struggles to focus on a bright object that is some distance away. That is my opinion.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I believe that is an entirely plausible explanation.
One thing that struck me. The indented round with pulsating middle exactly like the sts tether incident.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 1nL1ghtened

Up what stakes ??? thats just being sensationalist.

I say plasma ball, you say no. You put up a picture with nothing around the said light, Ginos pic through light room showed some thing around it.

There are no 'stakes' just debate.

Now, this video is a shorter version - but shows the object really well and the plasma swirls in it so much clearer.

2nd Bonnybridge UFO

So... what ever it is or is not, the dudes got good editing skills.

[edit on 29-6-2008 by Dan Tanna]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I have not seen anything that looks any different than a bright star or planet being zoomed in on.....

What am I missing?

[edit on 29-6-2008 by Shambles]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocksolidbrain
IMO, its not a plasma toy.
Its a distant bright light on which his camera is desperately try to focus but can't. All he gets is a big blur with chromatic aberration.
You can try doing it yourself and see if you get similar effect with a cheap camera.

Ditto.

That is exactly what it is.

There is nothing unusual whatsoever in this video.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Ok, so then what stationary object is up in the sky that clearly isn't a helicopter or plane?

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I agree it looks like a plasma ball.

Could it be ball lighting?

jasia.ca...

To begin, calculations show that high-energy ball lightning may consist of a ball of plasma containing a large circular electric current arising as an eddy current generated in the lightning channel or from vortex formation within the channel.

A simple ball of plasma at atmospheric pressure would be much lighter than air, would quickly cool and disperse and would display low energy. Ball lightning, however, evidently has a density comparable to air, is stable over a period of several seconds, and has appreciable energy, according to several reports. One must therefore postulate a mechanism which compresses and stabilizes the plasma.

One plausible mechanism is a large magnetic field, and observers' reports have corroborated magnetic effects associated with ball lightning. A magnetic field must arise from an electric current, and in a finite body an electric current must follow a closed path. One is thus led to suspect that ball lightning may be a ball of plasma containing a large circular electric current.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
No way this is a little plasma ball from the supermarket. Even if you film those from just a couple of meters away you can hardly see them on the video as they just emit very very weak light.

See an example here:

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
What the "stakes" are is the truth. I did not film this, nor do I know the guy who did. That being said, the "stakes" or mabey the "bar" (would have been a better term) is being risen...to better be able to discern the truth.

It is imperative to establish the authenticity to the best of our ability...I see now that it is counter-productive discuss this further without an experts opinion on the validity of the film.

I have sent Jeff a U2U and Im sure he'll respond when he gets time. He is a professional and he has many other projects going on so we have to be patient and in all honesty..he may not have the time or inclination, we'll have to see.

Once it can be validated, of refuted, we can focus on what it actually could be.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Ive watched this 3 times now.......
I am totally backing Dan Tannas theory of it being a plasma ball....the thing NEVER wobbles or moves it is stable in one place.....it LOOKS like a plasma ball watch it yourself.......

Excellent call Dan........very good eye you have there

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
In order to clarify this video further, I have e-mailed the guy who taped this footage:

Hello, I posted your video on a website called AboveTopSecret.com. I believe it to be genuine.Would you be so kind as to make a video, from the same location IN THE DAY LIGHT so we can see exactly where in the sky this object was so that we can validate this sighting. If you choose not to respond we will be forced to conclude it a hoax being there are so many variables involved. I appreciate your time, and for hopefully clarifying this matter. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!

One way or another we will get to the bottom of this case, opinions vary...but the truth is what matters.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Here is my humble opinion on this:

First, like one of the ATS members stated, it seems like this object was pulsating a bit, I didn't see a streak of light (from where one touches this plasma ball) originating from the center towards where it was being touched.

Second, it looks like the vids from Nasa (tether vids) where the pulsating light starts from the center (all around) towards its edges. I am not saying this is the same thing but looks similar.

Third, the reason he video tapes his bathroom is to show that "there's no strings attached" and wanted to show his current position/location from where he is filming it (someone already mentioned this as well).

Now to prove this is a fake, why doesn't anybody try to re-create this with a phone camera and a plasma ball? If your attempt to recreate this is the same as the original video then, and only then we can discard this as being 100% fake. Until then, I will say this is something without a legitimate explanation for the time being.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

I agree that it could be a plasma ball. But that does not preclude the ufo being a plasma ball as well. To say one does not necesarily say the the other. They could be the same and both true.

Its definately interesting, maybe we should be looking closer at the physics of plasma? Whos to say that ufos are not plasma?

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Very distant - appears to be have plasma ball qualities due to lack of focus over this distance - blur.

The best observations are before zooming - I would suggest anything from heli to drone - more than like drone.

cheers,
audas.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Color me unstunned.

Originally posted by rocksolidbrain
IMO, its not a plasma toy.
Its a distant bright light on which his camera is desperately try to focus but can't. All he gets is a big blur with chromatic aberration.
You can try doing it yourself and see if you get similar effect with a cheap camera.

I think you're on the right track. Of course, the guy doesn't give any date/time/direction information but I assume this was recorded recently.

Let's take a hint from another hot topic on ATS right now...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'll bet the guy is recording Jupiter, which is very bright in the English night sky right now. The "opening up" is the planet passing behind something on its journey across the sky. That is the give-away in my mind. It is impossible to know exactly what blocked the light, though, in the darkness; maybe a tree. At such high magnification the movement of celestial bodies is readily apparent when they pass a stationary item.

The fireworks, as rsb stated, can be attributed to atmospheric effects (twinkling) and the camera being wildly out of focus.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
It does look like a plasma ball but I really doubt it. I've seen some videos that look very similar on youtube:

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Now for my, probably completley wrong, theory.

He is in a lit room pointing towards a window, the lit room makes the glass more reflective. There is a plasma ball in a dark room / hallway behind him, this reflects off the window, this would explain why he can zoom in on it so much and yet get the blur too. But whether its indoors or outdoors, you can definatley see that it is a plasma ball because of the visible arcs, of this i have no doubt.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join