It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Was Oil, All Along

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
of course, of course, of course....it's about oil....its all about oil.....

the big bad USA has to go in kill everybody....

bush is the anti-christ...

cheny is the devil....

they want the oil, the oil,,, the oil!!!!!!!!!!!!

blah.,,,,,blah,,,, blah.......

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Do you really think that is just about oil?
The U.S have a war machine that needs to be fed. It's not just the armed forces, but the companies that make the weapons, the propaganda around it. It's a huge industry, they have grown so much, and now they have a lot of power and influence in the chain of command.
Rumsfeld, Cheney and others have probably reached their position with funding from oil and "war" companies.
With this war without UN consent, they have opened a major precedent in history. Other countries will be more tempted to do the same.

9/11 was just the first chapter. The only ones who can save the world are the american people. Being portuguese I count on you to purge the filth from your country and to get in the frontline to a better future.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tomfrusso

Thank you for that informative post, you summarized everything quite nicely

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by astronomine
If taking the oil out of the earth is like... taking a certain fluid out of the human body... doesn't the earth... need the oil for itself for whatever reason it is produced? Don't the plates need a'greasin to reduce friction or something?

uhhh NO.

If left alone oil eventually rises to the surface...

Let me tell you a story about a man name Jed, poor mountaineer barely kept his family fed. Then one day while shooting at some food, up from the ground came a bubbling crude. Oil...that is....Black gold...Texas Tea!

Let's just leave all that oil alone, and when it eventually come rising to the surface, who are the enviromentalist going to cry to to clean it up?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Have I told you lately RR that you don't know what you're talking about... per usual?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Hi, grover! Well, if it was about oil, then...victory is near, as soon as all the contracts are signed!! Yay!!...oh, wait, then we'll still have to stay to protect our investment...hmmmm, what a fine kettle of fish, Ollie!...or should I say what a slippery barrel of oil!

OTOH, here was another huge reason for electing to invade Iraq, our "way of life!".
Well, in that case, we've lost! Are you better off than you were five years ago? Hell, we're worse off than we were five years ago!

Ok, I'll give credit where credit is due. The "way of life" phrase was supposed to make Americans think culture, daily living, or "freedoms and liberty", but, several months into the war, I heard a general say exasperatedly that it really meant our dependence on oil (he didn't say foreign oil). So, I guess, really, the war was about oil all along.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
But the first war, Afghanistan, was about growing flowers!!!!

Those fields are rich again with buds to once again supply 97 per cent of the world trade.

Funny how I seem to be the only one to notice, excluding the ones getting wealthy. Out of respect for this site I will say no more on this.

However the oil pipelines are doing well throughout that and surrounding regions also.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Since when is voting the same as lying? That would be the difference between ALL who voted (regardless of parties) and the Bush Administration.

I'll what for your next rhetoric, partisan response.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Um, no, because Exxon is going do sell to whoever is going to pay them the most and if that's a speculator rather than their own refineries, then that's where it will go.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Let me tell you a story bout a man named bush .
One day in college he was smoking on some kush.

He heard that them Iraqis they were sittin on some crude.
So he devised a scheme call oil for food .
Food that is . We destroy it all then sell it back to them for oil .

Well next thing ya know o'l bush is president . His eye on the oil.
Salivating evident.

His kinfolk said as they pat him on the back .
"Hey whats up with a few no bid contracts"
No bid . They get it all . No contest.

That's all i got . lol Feel free to use parts or add some . Im bored .

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by d11_m_na_c05
Let me tell you a story bout a man named bush .
One day in college he was smoking on some kush.

He heard that them Iraqis they were sittin on some crude.
So he devised a scheme call oil for food .
Food that is . We destroy it all then sell it back to them for oil .

Well next thing ya know o'l bush is president . His eye on the oil.
Salivating evident.

His kinfolk said as they pat him on the back .
"Hey whats up with a few no bid contracts"
No bid . They get it all . No contest.

That's all i got . lol Feel free to use parts or add some . Im bored .

Parody is only funny if it has some truth based to it.

How can you link Bush with "Oil for Food" when it was UN operatives including Koki Anan that made out like bandits?

AND Grover...how many times can a person get away with one line posts and not get reprimanded by the mods?

I HOPE you learn your lesson and CHANGE your bad habits in the FUTURE!

OOOPS there I go again, stealing Obama's campaign slogans.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Yes, dear lady, and Bushes friends in China help to produce a good bit of military supplies, like boots. The previous Soviet Block nations supply AK's and Russia as well including ammunition. All the enemies of Israel are being strengthened at the US tax payers expense as well. Those contracts in Iraq have a way of lining the Islamic extremists’ pockets.

The US war machine no longer is the back bone of the US economy or it would not be in the toilet. What George Bush and company see when some one shows them “In G.O.D. We Trust.” is Gold, Oil and Drugs! These merchants are having the best years ever.

It this war in Iraq was not a sham the US would have destroyed the largest weapons depot near An Numaniyah Airfield but instead the task was given to the Ukrainians. They did not even half heartedly attempt the task and as a result the bulk of Improvised Explosives came from that depot and turned our troops into hamburger in the sand.
PS Anonymous if you got my U2U info. You are welcome.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by LateApexer313
If it was oil along...why don't we have the oil then? And pumping directly into gas stations via Iraq right now? I've always wondered why, when people claim we only went there for the oil, like the views in your article here, then WHERE is it?

What, get a hold of the oil and drop the high prices so YOU can save a buck or two? Pfffft, you have allot to learn about business my friend.

If you gain a monopoly over everyone else, you milk them for all they're worth.

If the oil companies have total control over the world oil, expect it to be so insanely high that you can't afford it.

Nobody left to compete with. Heh.

Also, to add to this, the amount of oil you have has no affect on the price of oil. It's determined by the investors, the people who own the public oil companies. The more they want to invest in oil, the more it's worth.

Where is it? It's ready for transport as we speak.
Why don't they transport it now? Cause they're having too much fun gouging you at the gas station, making a profit, and laughing at you over it.

What... you thought someone else was using that oil? Hah.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
The high gas prices saved a lot us from being total hypocrites. Because if as a result of the war gas was now down at $1.50 a gallon, we'd still have all those deaths, all those wounded, all those displaced, and all that debt staring the honest, compassionate world in the face.

In some strange way, sharing the emotional and economic hardship of this all keeps the fault placed as a looming, non-forgiveable black cloud hanging over the guilty. Of which I can safely and thankfully say, I am not one. Suffocation is inevitable and eventual for the monsters.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
If you have any sort of common sense, you would KNOW that its ALL about oil.

Aint you forgetting that, the government LIED to everyone just to get there,
this FACT seems to slip away from you "its not for oil" people,
and what else you sheeple seem to forget or ignore is that the American government is killing innocent civilians on DAILY basis.
Please say that you aint proud of that...

Also, its funny that there is such a big military presence in Afghanistan and yet still their opium trade is THRIVING.

Its all business to "them", we are just figures on "their" economy screens.

We will never benefit from their plans, we'll only pay for them - a.k.a.V4Vendetta

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The latest on Iraqi Oil:

www.nytimes.com...

Hidden price passed on to Iraqi’s :

ipsnews.net...

Anonymous,
I was never so ashamed of being an American as while leaving Iraq. With electronic files showing very large money trails. It is about a great deal more than just the oil.

[edit on 4-7-2008 by Comforter]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join