It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Birthday party snub sparks debate

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

can`t mail them or deliver them , the school is forbidden under law to hand out addresses of other students , which in fact is the same around the world.

and in fact , if you want a list of students in a class , at best you`ll get a list of first names only , at worst a polite `no`.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
In my daughters public school in Maryland, the student handbook clearly states that students may not hand out invitations at school unless all of the children in the class are invited. I have no problem with the school rule- there are good reasons for it.

So the school teacher took the invitations, then the father got up in arms and took it up with Parliament? Isnt Parliament like Congress? I think I am missing something in translation, probably. Perhaps it is like one of us Americans taking the school board to court with this pettiness. That is still wasting court time.

Confiscating the invites should have ended the whole matter. The boy is old enough to ask his friends for thier addresses.

edited for clarity

[edit on 29-6-2008 by raven bombshell]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Wow looks like they've finally run out of ideas in sweeden, so what are they going to do? Give him detention by court order, perhaps they will cancel his birthday this year as punishment. How can they justify the cost (presumably to the sweedish public) for such a trivial matter. The article itself seems like a joke, i mean

"My son has taken it pretty hard," the boy's father told the newspaper Sydsvenskan.
wow what a news worthy quote, fans of chris morris may appreciate this.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

so if your a kid in swedon and your going to throw a party ensure you invite everyone.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

actually this is a rule at the school that mine attend in tx. this kind of stuff should clearly, IMO, be left up to the kids w/ the guidance of their parents. hell, i was occasionally left out and did some leaving out as a kid and i survived as did the kids that got left out.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by raven bombshell

He did not take it to parliament (or congress for you americans). He took it to what you could call a complaints commission.

Now that I have slept on it, I think I agree with the school. If someone wants to pick and choose who to invite from their school-class they can do it outside school hours.

g

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
If these are the only problems left for the Swedish parliment to solve, I am packing my bags today and I'm gonna move there!
/sarcasm off.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
at first i thought this was some kind of joke, i dont understand whats wrong with kids these days, they need to toughen up or the real world is going to eat them alive. I made a comment to a friend the other week that when we are older and if WW3 broke out we would have to rely on these overemotional, soft, pampered, self involved, mommies boys to defend our country(s), thats a scarey thought.

however schools have no right to tell people whwhat they can do in a persons private residence regardless if the invites were given out at school, on the flip side the boy who handed them out should have been discreet about it

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Im sure that the school didnt set up an assembly just to pass the kids invites out. I am sure he just passed them out during the day. Hell, if you were in school and you had a chance to just HAND your friends the invitations over having to pay for postage and waiting for the mail to be delivered, wouldnt you?

I hope the world explodes. I think that the casualty of my life to kill all of the idiots would be worth it...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join