It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rising Oil Prices and GW

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Anyone wish to speculate that the oil price rise is in the name of getting us all to stop using fossil fuels as much as possible, by making us unable to afford it?

I remember several months ago campaigners calling for a rise in prices and taxes to help get people to change their habits. Maybe they were taken literally this time?

With the way carbon trading schemes were brought in (i.e. very rapidly) and the many times such schemes have been proven fraudulent, the whole thing seems rather odd.

[edit on 29-6-2008 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Cold isn`t the word for it, just plain stupid comes to mind. At least wait till you get other things on the market to take the place of the things that use oil or gas.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
my thoughts exactly, see

www.abovetopsecret.com...

i did miss the opportunty to create athread though, but based on earlier experiences, it would have been a no-hit wonder anyway.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Posting in multiple threads isn't a good idea, but I put some comments in the other thread linked to originally above.

You can read them here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
why not? cross referencing and posting in the appropriate threads (as opposed to spamming active threads while neglecting the rest) takes advantage of hyperlinking and that's what much of the internet is about, right?

now back on topic.

if global warming PR and oil price speculation are two aspects of the same agenda, doesn't it follow that some entity has control over media, oil markets and governments? not to forget a few million devout forum posters spamming the same 'CO2 is a GHG' into every other thread.

sounds like a CT for sure.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   

why not? cross referencing and posting in the appropriate threads (as opposed to spamming active threads while neglecting the rest) takes advantage of hyperlinking and that's what much of the internet is about, right?

An excellent point.

if global warming PR and oil price speculation are two aspects of the same agenda, doesn't it follow that some entity has control over media, oil markets and governments? not to forget a few million devout forum posters spamming the same 'CO2 is a GHG' into every other thread.

The media? I'd say yes, definitely. Just look at the lack of coverage the loss of our democratic right to vote on the Lisbon treaty got by the MSM - hmm NONE.
My post on this is in the "Breaking News" section.

Governments? I'm sure they're already under the control of others anyway. Look at how they suddenly jumped in and started saying we must raise taxes etc.. in the name of GW, whilst ignoring the single biggest thing any of us could do and that's plant trees!

We don't need to spend millions in some third world country somewhere - we need to put all the trees back that we lost of the decades. Just look at the rate of destruction of forest around the world. Who was it who said that trees were the lungs of the planet? They're perfect - they suck up CO2 and throw out O2. Can't be a bad thing at all, but there's no real money in that for those who run the show.

The millions spouting the pro man-made global warming argument are just sheep who are incapable of thinking for themselves and looking at what is actually going on around them.

As I posted in another thread, I looked at Met Office records for my area dating back to the 40s, and for a rise in CO2 over that time, average temperature dropped.

The bottom line is the facts don't fit the story. Data doesn't lie, people do.

Now is probably a good time to note that Al Gore disappeared from the public stage here in the UK immediately after the government passed for an unlimited number of new nuclear power stations to be built (after the proposal was put forth in the context of it being the only "green" alternative to our energy needs and the only way to stop global warming). The contract immediately went to the French.

[edit on 29-6-2008 by mirageofdeceit]

new topics

top topics

join