It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Believe I have found a crashed ufo and attendent ufos

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I was also looking forward to the pictures, but i realize that ATS is a magnet for mean and evil hoaxers lately, and its so easy to fall for these crackpots, because we beleive we have standards and rules,
but people really dont follow them and could care less.
They have no respect or regard for those of us who have been here following the rules for years.

Maybe he/she will show up with something, but i doubt it. For now, i will just tread carefully and consider this is the almighty internet, after all.
Nobody really knows who's on that other end.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Dunno how someone with a lot of ATS points just disappears. Maybe he got tired of his name and wanted to go out in a blaze of glory

I don't like this starred and flagged nonsense, especially when there's nothing offered...

Why did this guy say he had an IP blocker? Does IP blockers even work? Would it have mattered if he didn't use an IP blocker when he registered with ATS?

If he had such extraordinary info, then its possible he had a visit with the men in black.

We might never know

What a world

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Twenty-plus flags??

This is a joke.

This guy posted an alien story in the "Introductions" thread and has yet to return and already he's getting more hits than some of the more serious and relevant threads. Come on ATS.

You don't even have to flag something like this in the hopes that it will pan out. Pushing this to the point of home-page banner status when there is nothing here of value is just sad.

Man...wish I'd thought of this angle of introduction.
Who is "Tha Holygrail?"

- Lee

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I would have to agree. What makes somebody flag this thread with absolutely nothing presented? No detail, no explanation, a time frame that was not met... don't get too excited now folks!

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
OMG, 10 pages of replies, and the guy hasn't shown yet his pics. What's wrong with you people? Can't you wait till he comes back (if he does)? To the mods and smod, what happened to 1 line replies, are those now allowed?

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by astronomine
I What makes somebody flag this thread with absolutely nothing presented?

To go one step further, why do members continue post onto this thread before the OP returns or sends that piccy to staff?

What's the purpose? Is it just an urge to continue the slagging of this new member?

These 10 pages remind me of a feeding frenzy without dinner being presented. I can understand circling sharks waiting for someone to fall off the raft... but, instead, the frenzy is over NOTHING and the only victims are going to be those responding to the OP if blood gets in the water.

As to the flags... when droves of members check the thread, a few may flag it in order to have it 'subscribed' in their member center. It's not the purpose of flagging, but it does seem to be a spin-off effect.

Charity, patience and civility.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Another great example of how desperate and blind ufologist have become...

You all want to believe sooo badly that you cast away any sense of criticism and selfmoderation. How about you start attacking "revelations" like they should... with extreme caution.
At the moment the only thing you do is ridicule yourself and the cause / community.

This was directed at flaggers / "wow'ers" / star-givers / people who treat ufology like a religion instead of science.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
A nice feature would be for mods to be able to place a posting moratorium on threads like these, no flagging, no starring and only the original poster may post in it. If no validation of the original claim comes within 72 hours, then do the standard lock/tag as hoax until the original poster does come back with something worthwhile.

Just a thought.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Seeing the topic, I clicked anticipating pics of crashed UFOs and exotic aliens with ray guns et al ...But Alas! After half a dozen pages, still zilch! We've been made suckers once again, what? Including me! I've got this strange feeling of getting screwed and that to by a newbie!

I think this should make headline news on CNN or Fox, like....

CONSPIRACY MASTER GETS SCREWED BY NEWBIE ON ATS!!

So what's new?

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Appalling this thread has lasted so long, it's clearly a joke / hoax and should be locked. If said person decides that he or she DOES have the goods then it can go in another thread with the mods instantly locking it if no proof is provided.

This as it stands seriously discredits ATS as a serious site simply because it could invite more would be hoaxers to blitz here for their own 'jollies'.

Please lock the thread....It's a waste of time as it is..

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
All of this does bring up a very good point which has been discussed but never answered in the "Board Questions" Forum. It would be great to be able to see which members have flagged a thread. It paints a picture, so to speak.

[edit on 30/6/2008 by kosmicjack]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Maybe the aliens he found weren't really dead, but in some kind of self-induced, death-like trance to heal their injuries from their crash landing. He could be their prisoner right now.. Damn those Grays!

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Oh plz people, what's with the stars and flags? I keep coming back reading this thread as new replys (just like this one I'm writing right now) keep on coming - hoping this would be the one with pictures or something.

Can't you mods just lock the thread till the original poster offers something more than a promise? This is just stupid and annoying as hell..

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Just came in to see if pics were posted yet! Guess noone have been.

While here I just heard on the radio an ad for "Brad Thor's" new book 'The last Patriot", sounds really good!!

Well, I'll check in later. To see if pics are up yet.

[edit on 30-6-2008 by RUFFREADY]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by PilgriMage
Oh plz people, what's with the stars and flags? I keep coming back reading this thread as new replys (just like this one I'm writing right now) keep on coming - hoping this would be the one with pictures or something.

Can't you mods just lock the thread till the original poster offers something more than a promise? This is just stupid and annoying as hell..
i did not flag this thread,i made it a favorite,you can un favorite this thread later,so anyone that wants to flag this should be using the favorite right next to the flag,funny how everyone complains about it doesnt care to mention this to noobies.instead of giving a helpful hint lets fill the thread complaining about people flagging.....geez

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Dont worry once he gets done "making" the picture you all will see.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
What are you talking about guys? This is the single most important speculative event to ever occur in my life since I was born! I can't wait! It's gonna be world changing, I can feel it!

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrfire9
Dont worry once he gets done "making" the picture you all will see.
another rivoting one liner.....thanks man,i guess when a thread comes to a screeching halt this is what happens..........now where is he darned op.....cmon man

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I may be wrong but when I joined 11/07 I thought a person needed 20 posts before he/she could start a thread. Also one needs 200 posts to use the U2U feature. The op has one post and one thread so I guess he can't send the pics the U2U way. I remember I lost points early on for a one line post which was maybe ot also. I got two dings in one post.

I think that from now on any thread that has "pictures/ information to follow" should be put on hold until the OP does what they said they were going to do.

Maybe the OP is now afraid to "post" the pictures.

AV

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Why doesn't the Mod just freeze the thread after the OP asked for help and when the Mod seen that the OP was truthful (well at least had pictures of something, anything) let the thread continue. However if the OP didn't get back after a few days, then just delete the thread. This would cut all this crap out.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join