It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trending Towards Weapons Disappearing Out Of Wanted Ads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I've noticed a trend in the newspaper want ads in the individual person selling their guns. I watch the newspapers every single day for this type of thing, because it's important to be better informed as an individual citizen. I used to notice all the time that guns from high-powered rifles, handguns, to sub-machine guns were always for sale and practically dirt cheap as well.

Hell, even ammunition was sold with a lot of the weaponry you would find for sale in the classified ads, to help sell the weapon quicker. I'm just wondering if anyone outside of the state of Florida where I live has noticed these trends. I can see that this is probably happening due to the belief that people are going to need those weapons eventually to stand up against our Government.

Even with the Second Amendment being upheld by the Supreme Court, I can notice that this is a double-edged sword so to speak by the current Administration, being that supporting the this right of American citizens, because quite simply, he can let us retain our weaponry because if a state of Martial Law is declared, that Constitutional Amendment is as meaningless as a scrap of paper.

According to Martial Law, no citizens will be allowed to keep those same weapons that are protected Constitutionally, so in essence Bush letting this current interpretation of the Supreme Court stand is only him being his usual dualistic self because he knows under the rule of law supporting Martial Law through both F.E.M.A. and Homeland Security, he still has the right to take away your weapons, legally.

Anyone else noticed the trend of weapons that have stopped being sold in the newspapers, or is it just Me?

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
There was a sub-machine gun for sale for around $1400 with a mess load of bullets as well a few months ago, along with some handguns, and a rifle or two. So, this new trend is a recent development. Has anyone been to a gun show lately and noticed anything odd there?

[edit on 28-6-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I don't thin it's got anything to do with a "conspiracy" or any of that crazy talk.

I think its due to two things:

1.) Diminishing appeal and acceptance of guns in society. After all, the Newspaper is rated "G", and censors and "concerned parents" don't look kindly on firearms advertisements.

2.) Tighter laws restricitng gun sales and purchasing. Picking up a gun, by meeting him at the local watering hole isn't "OK" anymore. Of course gun laws vary from state to state, country to country, but in general, gun laws have been tightened.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by hpsfl

I liked your answer here, but I never stated it was a conspiracy in any way. Thanks for replying, it's appreciated.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I do agree with the right to own weapons.. But who ever said that owning machineguns is a right, or even semi-auto assault rifles? I have shotguns and handguns and bolt action rifles, i don't crave to own an assault rifle or a machine gun. one thing that we sometimes forget is that when the constitution was drafted and then "ratified" the normal everyday firearm was a blackpowder/muzzel[loader] type weapon. How could our founding fathers ever percieve that we would create weapons that can fire 500 rounds per minute? I know that times have changed drastically, I can feel it, and I also know that according to our founding father that taxation should only be in times of war and not an everyday thing, that is one of the reasons why our county was founded (aside from the religion reason) but we still have to pay taxes and still get taxed out of our paychecks. I really think all of this sucks. But when people start saying that owning a machine gun is a constitutional right and that we will need them to fight our own government then I get a little pissed off. Open your eyes you people are just as big of a problem as the Governement that twists the constitution to their own ends.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
The right to bear arms was given because it was understood that an unarmed populace was easily subjugated. It is a lawyers trick to state that we don't need machine guns for hunting. We need machine guns to protect our families from harm. If the system conspires against you, you have a right to take an armed stand as an American. It is too bad when people lose their minds and murder the innocent but it is even worse when an entire country is made impotent and repressed. Thusly; the second amendment.

Our founding fathers understood the corrupting nature of power and tried to prevent it's occurence in America. With US citizens lining up to invade each others personal rights it's only a matter of time.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by hammanderr

Agree with Hammanderr's position. It is indeed a lawyers trick to confuse or mix hunting with self defense or defense. This is politics/social engineering at work. Owning a firearm is a right...not a privelege.

THe position of all governments is to take away or weaken the rights of the public..to where they are in name only...or effectively nonexistant. I dont just mean in firearms but in everything.
What this bodes over the long run is to entrench the political system at the expense of the public...to benefit the political system..not the pubic.
Firearms are only a small part of this entrenchment.

As to the ads disappearing as a tool in accomplishing this...Spartan..remember that the fickle public is going GREEN nowdays. Im ok..your ok..and whatever drivel is coming down the educational/programmable pipeline next. GREEN means everything is beautiful...we must strive to make everything and everyone beautiful. Guns do not fit into th is formula. Most newspapers and other media are nowdays touting the GREEN is beautiful line. Everyone is socially required to jump on the bandwagon..no thinking required. It is become a default setting...like this computer..it automatically defaults through. No thinking required.
Hence it is frowned upon to carry ads for firearms. You will have to find other avenues for your purchases than the local newspapers.

Here in town there is a sale paper which carrys firearms...aplenty. It is called the Tidewater Trading Post. While I seldom have any intrest in purchasing from there...it is definitely intresting to read the ads.
There are also local gun shows and sales in the Coliseum but I only occasionally go there and seldom purchases a gun. Mostly tools and books.
While I would read the ads in the local newspapers..I would not go there for much of a variety in firearms or accessorys.

Just remember ..Spartan...being knowlegable about the latest electronic gadget in self indulgance is the rage..the latest clothes, car...etc etc. Mostly expensive filler. Firearms do not fit into this mold. You must use your creative thinking to navigate around this useless selfindulgent maze in the future.

Your problem Spartan is that you are not wont to fit the tempalte outliined preprogrammed for you. YOu dont think in lock step. No problem with me here. I dont think in lock step. I know the fingerprint. Both fingerprints.
Tighten up your seatbelt..it is going to get worse in this feel good social structure.
What do you think is going to happen to all these feel good types at $6.00 to $8.00 per gallon?? Think about it!!

Thanks,
Orangetom

top topics

join