It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Carlin Predictions: Was George Carlin A Psychic?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I just saw a commercial for a classic Saturday Night Live airing, the first ever Saturday Night Live with George Carlin as the guest host...Then I remembered George Carlin, my favorite stand-up comedian of all time.

I remember he had a concert aired on HBO that was taped in 1995 or so, and in the concert he "joked" about terrorism. At one point, he suggests planes skyscrapers being blown up.

In a more recent concert, I think it was "You Are All Diseased", his comedy takes a darker tone, and he talks about collapse of society.

My question is, was George Carlin some sort of psychic prophet disguised as a comedian, or are all prophets, throughout time, the stand-up comedians of their day?

Does anyone know what I'm getting at?

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Watching the first Saturday Night Live from 1975 right now. I had no idea it was such a classic. It has the famous Andy Kaufman "Mighty Mouse" skit on it. Great stuff

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Theres more on your all diseased he also talks about hijacking planes with a knife. They way he told it was rearly ironic givin it was taped in 1999. When I heard it I had to check the date on the CD.

I wouldn't say he's a prophet but a very enlightend individual who had the ability to see the things going on in the world as it were. He was very good at pointing out the things in everyday life that most people don't see or turn a blind eye to and he made it funny.

[edit on 29-6-2008 by wantsome]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
You may as well ask the same of Tom Clancy. Which book was it that he wrote about someone hijacking a plane and ramming it into DC?

Years ago?

top topics

join