It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lights in their eyes.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
First off, if this post is in the wrong board or the subject has been discussed to death, I apologize. I haven't lurked on ATS that long and I'm not willing to go back 5+ pages to see if anything similar to my topic has been posted. So having that being said, I'll go onto my post. If it's a little long, please bear with me. I would love to hear your input on this.

While looking through my old school photos, I came across a picture of an old friend of mine. We were practically inseparable. We did everything together - video games, lunch, homework. He was my best friend and I realized that I hadn't thought of him for a very long time.

That surprised me. Besides the fact that I considered him as a brother, there was something else that should have cemented his memory in my mind. Not only was he killer at Mortal Kombat, he had a special ability that he kept hidden from everyone else but me. He could read people.

Of course, I thought that he was just really good at picking up on emotional cues from people. You probably know a few people that can know you're pissed or sad just by looking at you. But it went much deeper than that.

My step-sister was abused by her father for years before her mother married my dad. For someone who had gone through so many terrible things, she kept the emotional scars from her ordeal well-hidden. I never would've guessed had she not told me.

One day after school, "Damon" and I went to my house for the usual - video games, snacks, homework. As we walked into the kitchen, he bumped into my step-sister. She stood still for about two seconds, apologized, and gave him a little smile before she walked out the front door. We then made our way to the living room. He seemed very sad, considering how we were laughing and joking just a few moments before. That unsettled me.

I asked him what was wrong. He hesitated for a few moments. Then he finally said something.

"Promise you won't tell anyone?"

I promised.

"Your sister... I dunno. She seems happy, but she isn't."

I, a naive little seventh grader, indignantly said that my sister was always happy.

"No," he continued. "She's miserable. She can't trust anyone, and if she wasn't so unselfish, she wouldn't be here."

At this point, I wanted to ball up my hands and take a couple of swings at him, but that urge died down and was replaced by a sinking sensation in my stomach. I asked him what made him say that. Before, I had never even talked about my sister to Damon, and though she was always home whenever he came over, she stayed in her room.

“Promise me you won’t call me crazy?”

Again, I promised.

“Okay. You see… I see things that no one else does. At least, I think I’m the only one,” he said tentatively. “People have lights in their eyes. Can you see them?”

Flabbergasted, I quickly said no and urged him to go on.

“I didn’t think so. Anyways… have you ever seen a cat’s eyes glow before? It looks like that, only it’s not as bright, and the glow comes straight from the pupils. I can read those. They have feelings and a personality behind them. I know what people are feeling when I read them, but it’s not just that. I can see their emotional strengths and weaknesses, what emotions that they’ve felt in the past, and I can see what they have done or will do.”

I was shocked speechless. He went on.

“And sometimes, when I let my guard down, I can feel what they’re feeling. I have to numb myself or else it gets overwhelming. Your sister’s lucky to have you, or she would’ve gone crazy by now. That’s what I felt.”

Damon explained more about his particular gift. He said that generally, the happier people are, the brighter the lights get. He told me that one time, he saw a man with his eyes completely devoid of any light. But it didn’t mean that he was depressed – it meant that he was evil. He couldn’t use his ability to read pictures, reflections, or anything of the sort. It had to be in real life.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
We rarely talked about his gift after that, and after finding his picture, I’m extremely interested in finding out what exactly he was seeing in people’s eyes. Thanks for sticking with this monstrous post. I greatly appreciate it. What are your thoughts? What could these lights be, and why was he able to see them?

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Very interesting thanks for talking about it. If I had to guess I would say that the light was energy coming from him that only he could see. Different people made different lights because they reflected the light coming from him differently, which he then used to read them.

I definetly can't read people, but people affect me very easily. If I am standing next to someone who is all stressed out and worried I will start to feel that way too, if they are really happy then it's like a magical way that I start feeling much better.

Then there are the times when people are acting like they are happy and have a great life, but the feeling they put off is fear and unease.

As far as secrets and telling if someone is hiding former abuse and being very unselfish and kind like his sister, i've never been able to tell when it comes to them. I really wish I could, I would be soo nice to them.

[edit on 28-6-2008 by Novise]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by deserode

Hello. I know what your friend is talking about. Everyone has this gift, but I believe that most everyone has forgotten it. In peoples houses, something is always humming or moving now adays, even if it is just the computer or a fan, but 100 years or so ago you could sleep all the way through the night. You could listen to the wind, but most important you could listen to you. I believe I have this gift, as does everyone else, but it takes tuning and no distractions. Your friend, was blessed to know how to use it, but has no doubt been in body before. I'm not talking mystical stuff, just being silent and remembering. You can hear the light also, but that takes paying attention. Only problem is, once your start hearing, people think your crazy, but that's ok. Always stick to being you and you'll be ok. Eyes are always a tell tail sign. The only people that will look you in the eye while they are lying is one which has no light, because the light will testify before them. I believe your world is the light you give. Without even seeing you, I know you have this as well. The truely are the window to the soul. Peace

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I don't know about lights in the eyes, but I can sense people too. I'm not able to get details, but am able to determine whether I can trust someone, or if they're flaky. Some people are outright needy.

And I confess I use my ability to impress upon others. In innocent ways of course. Like to get the lady in front of me in the line at the grocery store to hurry the heck up and stop chit chatting with people.

Everyone can sense these things. It's just that some people have the ability to translate what they sense into logic while others just feel it and act upon it.

Ever hear the phrase, "Tension was so thick in the room it could be cut with a knife?"

We are all simultaneous transmitters and receivers of energy. Anyone can sense things about other people and the environment. It's a skill like any other that only needs practice.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Hm. Interesting so far. Thanks for your thoughts, guys.

Damon could also see lights in animals' eyes. They were different colors, though, and he couldn't read emotions behind them. He said that it wasn't possible. But from your information, maybe he could have cultivated his ability so he could?

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I have always had a unnatural ability to read people, but I have never seen a light as your friend describes. Its more of just a sense of who their true self is when I meet them.

I can see evil even behind the kindest smile when it is present.
It is the gift I value most above all in this life. I hope that I pass this on to my children.

new topics

top topics

join