It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A very strange thing happened to me. Any ideas?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Something very strange happened to me a few days ago. Its probably nothing or me going crazy, but I have to see if anyone has heard of this before. On the night in question, I was drinking beer so maybe I just hallucinated or something. It doesn't seem likely, because I didn't have much beer and I've drank plenty of beer in the past with no similar effects.

About a week ago I was watching the movie "Escape from New york" on A&E. Near the end of the movie, I sit and watch the scene where the president starts shooting at the "the duke", watch Snake go up the rope and get his antidote. After this scene I turned around and made a few posts on a forum. It only took a couple minutes and the next thing I know I'm watching the EXACT same scene. At the time It seemed weird, but I figured it was some kind of problem on the station's end. Luckily, my roommate taped it and I was able to see if I actually saw what I thought I did. to my complete surprise, the tape didn't show the repeat at all.

The only way I can explain this is that I'm going insane and what I saw was some kind of hallucination. I've never had psychological problems though and I have not seen that movie in years. There is no way my brain could conjure up such a perfect recreation of that movie.

So, any ideas as to what I experienced? I know at first, this seems really retarded, but you have to realize that I know what I saw and it didn't show up on the tape. The more I think about it, the more it bothers me.

[edit on 28-6-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

I don't know what caused it, but I can tell you that the very same thing - I think - happened to me in January.

I was watching a live newscast. I watched three segments in a row, then I stepped out of the room (I don't remember what the reason was, and it's not important). When I came back, I sat behind my desk to do some work. The TV was on all the time.

Not a minute had passed when I heard the anchorman announcing the first of the three segments that they had already shown. I remember thinking to myself "Oops...", but didn't bother to even turn the head. After all, even the best of journalists can make mistakes and reread an announcement or whatever.
But then the segment began - and it was the same one as before.
So were the following two.
To convince myself beyond reasonable doubt that it wasn't a "false memory" or anything like that I started repeating word for word the sentences that I had remembered from before.

But still, no big deal.
I was merely surprised to see the network switch to what I naturally thought to be the replay of the newscast for audiences overseas - before the live show was even through.
(As I said, that programme was always aired live.)
They had never done that before.
And, as I found out soon enough, they hadn't done it on that occasion, either...

In retrospect, that seems all the more remarkable because around the same date - give or take a day - another odd thing happened:
I was standing in my living room doing a yoga exercise. It was shortly after dawn break, and I saw the line of street lights being turned off. A few (perhaps five) seconds later - I saw them go out for the second time. Naturally, I was somewhat startled: after I've seen them go out for the first time they hadn't been turned on again (to be then turned off again), of course.

I am observant. Not much escapes me, I must say.
(Literally: I must say it, because only I know myself, and I know this wasn't an "attention" issue.)
That's what makes it so puzzling.

And then, two days ago there was another odd occurrence that I am yet to decipher (but most likely never will). However, I have already described it at length in another thread, and it's not really about the exact same thing, so let's leave it at that.

[edit on 28-6-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek

About a week ago I was watching the movie "Escape from New york" on A&E. Near the end of the movie, I sit and watch the scene where the president starts shooting at the "the duke", watch Snake go up the rope and get his antidote. After this scene I turned around and made a few posts on a forum. It only took a couple minutes and the next thing I know I'm watching the EXACT same scene. At the time It seemed weird, but I figured it was some kind of problem on the station's end. Luckily, my roommate taped it and I was able to see if I actually saw what I thought I did. to my complete surprise, the tape didn't show the repeat at all.

No NO NO, you are not insane. I was watching the same thing and also IM-ing a friend and he saw it too.

A&E had a GLITCH and replayed that section twice.

So rest easy. You are fine it was the TV show network and not you.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01

Originally posted by Dronetek

No NO NO, you are not insane. I was watching the same thing and also IM-ing a friend and he saw it too.

A&E had a GLITCH and replayed that section twice.

So rest easy. You are fine it was the TV show network and not you.

Why didn't the tape that we recorded show it?

EDIT: Let me clarify that I didn't actually watch the tape. I told my roommate about the repeat and asked him to watch for it. He told me that he didn't see the scene repeat.

[edit on 28-6-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

I don't know about the tape. But I'm telling you honestly that my friend and I saw the same thing and both remarked on it.

I'm confident that it was the station that messed up.

You're free to make up your own mind, but we both saw the same thing and I'm a few hundred miles away from him.

Rest easy.

Ah, here's our IM exchange (06-04-08):

(9:45:44 PM) Me: deja vu
(9:46:30 PM) Him: Yea, WTF ?
(9:47:42 PM) Me: Hmm. Adrienne was married to John Carpenter???
(9:48:22 PM) Him: DNKT
(9:49:00 PM) Me: Yeah. 79-84. Now marred to a successful producer.
(9:50:10 PM) Him: ok, get ready for timesync
(9:50:21 PM) Him: and mark
(9:50:36 PM) Him: Stoopid [expletive deleted]
(9:51:02 PM) Me: Still got 10 min to fill.

If that doesn't convince you, nothing will.

[edit on 28-6-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
No, I'm convinced. Thanks for clearing that up for me!

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
A Glitch in the Matrix? .... a time hick-up?
I too experienced a time hick-up in around January of this year.

the exact car drives by a couple seconds after driving by the first time..
not the just the same model/color... the SAME CAR.
with the same dirt marks and the same extra antenna and the same
missing hubcaps and the same guy driving,,,
it was strange....

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Maya432

Really?
That's very interesting to know.
The time frame may be simply a coincidence, of course - but it's still good to keep record of such things.
Thanks for telling, Maya.

new topics

top topics

join