It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star is getting brighter, bigger

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
stardate.org...

its jupiter. end of thread.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by dobsonion2
what you are seeing is jupiter.It has a creamy white color and not blinking like a star.Even with the cheapest telescope you will see 4 moons.It was closer to the moon about a week ago, but the moon is rising later now.Ive been watching the ecliptic and i see no star shining as bright as jupiter is now.And i have ask did anyone see a flare up of a star near cassiopeia last night?

Yep, if it's in the south east then it's Jupiter! I've recently built myself an observatory and I'm still waiting for a couple of days off work (I do shifts) with clear skies to have a look at Jupiter!

Anyway, having got home from work (about 0200 BST) I was looking at the sky (extremely clear, but no time to get the telescope out) I noticed what was possibly your flare. It was just to the east of Cassiopeia in Cygnus. What drew my attention was that I was looking at a satellite (unusual because it was red - I get to see a lot of satellites as an amateur astronomer, but never a red one before!) and immediately above the satellite I saw a meteor, it only had chance to move a few millimetres before it exploded in a bright white flash just above the satellite.

This might not be the same one you saw, but as someone who has spent the last 30 odd years looking at the sky, I'm noticing more satellites than ever and some of them don't seem to move in a straight line as they're supposed to. I'm used to the eye's playing tricks when looking up at the stars and things appearing to move when they're stationary, but it's happening more frequently these days.

I'm a sceptic in the true sense of the word in that I'm open minded, but there seems to be a lot going on at night these days.

[edit on 2/7/08 by Insomniac]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
This is SO odd I have noticed it to. I live in Des Moines Iowa and since summer broke I have been watching the moon rise because it's right out of the window my TV faces (sad I know) Anyway I think the star is south east but not to quite sure about the direction (directionally challenged) anyway I see it and it's creeping me out too!! It doesn't twinkle it's so bright I find my self staring at it for a long time, and every time I look outside I see it right away... What is it??

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazzygrl52
What is it??

Jupiter. If it doesn't twinkle then it's a planet, not a star.
www.aolcdn.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

End of thread? Just because you say so?

Not even if you are Jupiter!

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
End of thread?

Don't say that.

I admit I check this post everyday to see what people are saying, I'm interested in peoples ideas, responses and opinions and surly that's what we are all here for.

It's over when we're bored of it and I'm not that bored yet, not being funny but if its over for you then move on.

I've found this post to be very interesting, I've learnt a few things and found that we've all reached a sensible answer.

Without reading this post I would of kept on wondering, thank you everyone for having some interesting thoughts, its led me too look up other topics that I would not have thought of before.

Peace to everyone.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SkyNet

ok checked out Stellarium and from my position.. the bright white object is jupiter......thanks for the program.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Thank you everyone for a nice and interesting thread. It was a long time ago since I've been able to read through a thread on this site in which everyone is being courteous to one another. Nice one and an interesting subject at that!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LovelyDoom

I guess you didn;t know that Jupiter emits more light than it reflects.Technicaly that makes it a star.Fact.Check that out.
Also- Mars is a planet, but it has defenitely gotten brighter.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LovelyDoom

Clearly, the changes in Mars' atmosphere are making it reflect more light.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Levski

What changes in Mars atmosphere?

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
scarey but as of last night and the last month i completly agree and its freaking me out.... lol im in cal san diego.

the north start should be seen in the north shouldnt it?
cept at my house i see it near the border towards the south nowhere the direction of the north.

it seems brighter or maybe closer everytime i see it. and its creepy lol
maybe its just me scarring myself and my mind playing tricks on my but seriosuly me and my friends are freaked out hahah

we know its not a moving object like aplane or something because we seriosuly last night stayed up for about 20 min straight around 2 am in the morn. and it never moved from the spot. just blinked like a star does or u knwo dims and bightens. but last night is the bitest ive seen it so far.

weirddddd

*sarah*

*mod edit, personal information removed*

[edit on 26-7-2008 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
At dusk i can see two bright stars in the east and west and it's funny but i've also been thinking for some time now just how bright they seem to be getting..
Not much to say on what exactly they are - it's just curious.. they are incredibly bright.....
I live in central north Queensland, Australia.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
. Must say the whole niburu thing is getting out of hand, first we can't see it now people speculate its a bright star?! What next....
I would tend to agree that it is not anything unusual. That is still to come, and we are alert. It is NOT Niburu that is incoming, it is Nemesis, with the planet Niburu in orbit, from what I can gather. One or two others, but that one is supposedly inhabited. Nemesis is a really dim star, so don't expect to see another Sol. Nemesis is also known as Wormwood. There are a lot of people in America who believe the Bible, and it is related there. Personally, I expect this incoming star. Non-christian ancient civilizations also spoke of this twin star, on a 3,600 year orbit. When these 'aliens' have gone public, I expect them to say how they genetically modified apes to become sentient workers, to do the dirty work of mining on Earth. A well thought out lie.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dobsonion2

I don't pretend to be an astronomer or anything, but I was not expecting to see this for awhile, as it is purportedly on the opposite side of Sol, and cannot be seen from Earth at this time. And, purportedly, that is why NASA sent two probes to the sun, to see beyond the sun. And maybe something about the solar flares causing our current weather havoc. But when everyone starts talking about a mysterious 'star', my first reaction was that it was Nemesis. But it is not. That will come shortly.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I studied this star and believe it is Jupiter. It is in the position of Jupiter on my astronomy program, and I can also explain why it is getting brighter.

You will notice it is roughly in the same position as the moon when it is a full moon. The full moon is a result of the entire face (that we see here) being directly exposed to the sun. The same effect is happening to Jupiter.

Just as the moon reaches that certain position in the sky and gets "brighter", so is Jupiter, for the same reason.

Spewing. I was so hoping it was Nibiru or something!

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Jupiter is big, you might think its a "light bulb" in the sky.

But its appearance one night shocked me.

It was in the right part of the sky looking south at about 45 degrees.

But I never checked on positions and always find checking too
out of the way to do.

However I did spy a "light bulb" looking north one evening.

UFOs are star like in the static agitation they make according to
a lot of Tesla's work in that field. Charges not only create force
as shown in elementary physics, the momentum is instantaneously
captured (its the same thing.. the atmosphere is a sea of charges
as demonstrated by Tesla before 1900).

Now you can stop the thread.
Don't be Denying.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Video will come in a moment...I'm in san diego.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I live in southern New Jersey and I've seen it for at least the past two months. Usally it is the fast star visible at night and outshines all the others by 10x. I think it has to be a planet just because of how bright it is. I also believe I may have seen that flare up.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
ohmigod!..i really thought i was the only one who noticed it, around 8 pm i guess last sunday, i saw this star that you guys are talking about..and it was very very bright, i was really shocked when i saw it 'coz it was brighter than polaris and it was in the opposite direction of polaris..

and also, it seems to be like out of place, i mean no other stars around it, it's so weird..i have really been watching the sky ever since and something tells me that this is something..weird...

and plus i've been hearing stories about the nibiru stuff..and it's really quite creepy..

i showed the star to my sister and she said that maybe it was venus...but i dunno..'coz i think venus comes out around dawn..and that was like...still 8 pm..

and my sister said..that..to verify things whether it was venus or the nibiru or something else, she said that we find another big bright star aside from polaris, then that would be venus making the 'star in question' a something-else, foreign, floating body...

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join