It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Else Hates Trains-Or The Reasons I Hate Trains

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I have been meaning to post this for sometime now, and I just now had a chance to sit down to say I HATE TRAINS!!! You may ask why do I hate trains so much, well that's a good question. I hate trains because they are so damn annoying. They make you late for work or appointments, and if they want to stop dead over the road while they load they wont move just because you are hurling curse words at them while blowing your horn.

Trains cause people to die by delaying fire or rescue vehicles. If you like trains so much ask yourself this question...if you or a loved one was dieing and a train caused the delay of the EMS by say oh about 3-5 minutes, and your loved one died or had massive brain damage because of that #%&* train would you still like them so much?

And what about the derailment6s that have killed thousands through the years.

And don't even try to get some shut eye if you live within a mile or so of a major crossing, cause it aint gonna happen, unless you have taken a heavy dose of sedatives.

I now understand how someone could get so angry they actually took out their gun and shot at the train, which happened several years back around a high traffic railyard, my guess is the engineers were getting way to blow happy with the horns.

So, tell me why you like trains again.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Your negative and one sided approach to "trains" is sad....

Sometimes (believe it or not), trains can be good.

And do not presume that 600 billion people use the same train that you do!

French trains: clean, confortable and always BANG on time, usually to the second.

Maybe you should move somewhere the trains are better.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Personally, i love the sound of a train and the shaking, specially at night!

Its awesome in the middle of the night. I once was living in a house right by the tracks and i miss it.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
while i have DIFFERENT reasons

I too hate trains

all railways should be required to traverse an overpass when approaching a road. I dont care if its city road or country road.

Trains move too slow for their length, and motorists should not have to waste their time waiting on them.

If you live in a BIG city - you probably dont feel the frustrations

around the midwest, its a plague

trains are important
but so are a lot of other things.

Doesnt mean they should get in the way.

and to the user who said

Your negative and one sided approach to "trains" is sad

:shk:

this is a rant forum.
What argument is not going to be one sided?

[edit on 29-6-2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

Maybe he only uses one side of his brain unlike us special people Andrew.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

" They make you late for work or appointments, and if they want to stop dead over the road while they load they wont move just because you are hurling curse words at them while blowing your horn. "

I think you just hate them because they are a reminder that you are always running late, and rarely leave the house with plenty of time for those interruptions...

p.s., I live in "freight-train park" [ a euphemism for my town ] ...I'm surrounded by them....lmao

[edit on 29-6-2008 by toasted]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Why I always leave for work early and know ways around if there is a train. It's not that hard...

Also, if stuck at a train, blowing your horn? And that will do what exactly? I usually just turn my car off and lower my chair back and relax. Of course I always leave for work with plenty of time so this is not a problem.

top topics

join