It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it by chance that exorcism can only be owned By Jesus??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I heard this statement on the tv, that says" All the people under the effect of Exorcism, can only be cured In the name of Jesus-ChrisT....Is it a coincidence???? I guess not....

---------------------------------
"Fear not those who kill you, and after can do no more; fear Him who after death is able to cast both body and soul into hell"

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GJIML

I think you've got your terms mixed up. 'Possession' is when someone has been possessed by demons or the devil or something. Exorcism is what you do to get rid of possession. The cure for possession is exorcism. I don't think exorcism needs a cure (unless it is to get out of the trauma of being beaten up or burnt to 'release the demon').

Unless you were meaning something much deeper. Then it just went over my head. Carry on

Being cured by the name of 'Jesus Christ' is also confusing for me. For example, that wasn't what he was called, or what he called himself during his time. So if it is those specific words, then I'd say that exorcism is meaningless. Also the latin mumbling that they do for exorcism: That wasn't the language of Jesus, nor of the original Bible. How is it any different from saying the same thing in English? And the use of the cross to ward off demons. It's basically 2 sticks perpendicular to themselves. Sometimes they are made of iron. Sometimes of wood, or copper, or gold, or plastic. So I'm assuming it's just the shape. Why not just put your fingers in the shape of a cross?

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

LoL.....My only point of view, is that if u believe then u can't decieve

U know, simple, anyone or atleast a priest can cast out demons by the name of Jesus Christ....And no one, i repeat no one, can cast out demons without the help of Jesus, whether they're holding a matchbox or not, it's only abt faith....The cross and the holding of the bible is used only in the traditions.....Get my Point....? U need faith in Jesus in order to cast out Demons, and only in the name of Jesus u can do this, so by substitution, if the demons are being cast out in the name of Jesus, than Christianity is all True...(despite that i'm a chrsitian..)

---------------------------------
"Fear not those who kill you, and after can do no more; fear Him who after death is able to cast both body and soul into hell"

new topics

join