It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Machine Gun That Fits in Your Pocket--Magpul FMG9 Collapsible weapon--

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Very nice gun, Be nice to see the functionality of it.

Magpul FMG9 Collapsible weapon

-Kdial1

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
That's a nifty little package.

I'm not sure how practical it really is.

I don't need a machine gun.

I don't need a gun that masquerades as a flashlight, either.

I can't see a market for that in the US, so far as a defensive weapon is concerned. Israel, maybe.

When I feel the need to carry, I carry openly.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

I think it would be practical for women. Men are not shy when it comes to carrying weapons openly in public. Women are more shy about carrying them in public and prefer concealing their weapons.

Imagine an attacker coming towrads a woman and he thinks it is a flashlight and all of a sudden he sees her flashlight transform into a machine gun...lol...Stop dead in his tracks.

-Kdial1

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
wow that thing is crazy, looks cool too. but it's not practical, thats why they won't be putting it into development, it's just a cool idea.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

Very neat,good post..........starred and 'DUGG'!!

Black market anyone?

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
coolest weapon i've seen in a while... thanks for the post

raptor1

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I love gimmicky crap and that's gimmicky as hell. If it only had a built in MP3 player.

I guess if I expected to have to fight my way past neo-futuristic Orwellian check points that might be the best little thing to have. Barring that though I cant say I'll be interested.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I don't see any thing machine gun about it, unless the Glock he referred to is the G18. Neat idea, but the only aspect I can see for it is the concealed carry crowd.

Any one in the armed security sector might have an interest as well. Executive protection in booming in todays society, and body guards who can blend in, is an advantage over being made or spotted.

Good concept none the less, just needs the right crowd for marketing.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously what a completely badass weapon. It's compact, utilitarian, and would be excellent for Spec-Ops, or even civilian versions in semi-auto as a survival-rifle product. Chamber it in something small like a .25 and you have a seriously decent weapon with very cool design. I give it a thumbs up for now. I'd like to see what the accuracy and reliability rating of this weapon is, but a cool idea nonetheless.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Both the US and the Soviet Union had folding guns just like that in the 80s. The Ares FMG / m-21 and the PP90, which was probably a copy. I don't think the US found it to be very useful, but the Soviet Union issued them to a few police departments and such, who hated the things.

When automatics were banned from civilian ownership, the ones from the US were shelved, since they didn't have a market.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Anyone Remember *Sex Machine* from Dusk till Dawn*.... not quite a machine gun, but did the job

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Projectvxn

I would say that the accuracy and reliability features would be those of the pistol it is built around. so long as the upper receiver housing doesn't hinder the movement of the slide at all, it would retain the original firearms statistics. One possible advantage how ever would the the increased stability due to the butt stock.

[edit on 9-12-2008 by ADVISOR]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
I don't see any thing machine gun about it, unless the Glock he referred to is the G18.

I'm at work and cant listen to the video. So it's just a pistol with a folding stock? Suddenly it seems incredibly lame.

top topics

join