It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People with Blue Eyes were Genetically Mutated 10,000 Years Ago.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ChronMan

No vision problems really, just had to start using reading glasses a couple of years ago. The biggest problem that i have due to my blue eyes is the senstivity to sunlight, some days when i go outside and the sun's really bright my eyes automatically shut and start watering, sometimes even when it's not too bright i still have to wear sunglasses as the sun hurts my eyes.

Most of the older people in my family (on my mother's side) wear glasses, but starting with my generation we don't seem to have any vision problems.

What do you mean that people with blue eyes have problems ? What kind of problems are you talking about ?

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Thats one of the good things about living in this day and age
you can mate with someone from the other side of the globe
genetic diversity in your children is one plane trip away.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
there's so much speculation here.

Why do scientists want us to think all people came from africa?

of all places, why africa?

and couldn't there be two or more advent points, asia and south america?

what if people came from south america?

one thing that disturbs me is how royally messed up africa has been in recorded history.

only North Africa has had any advanced civilizations.

and what, I wonder, is the survival value of cities?

are cities some form of virus that came down on a comet?

look at the problems involved in city life, the hygeine and disease problems, the racial and cultural tensions, the way a city is such an easy target...

it appears that cities appeared about 12k years ago, according to archaeological data.

but we have evidence of advanced mining operations specifically in africa that date back 30-50k years.

If a civilization built with glass and steel, as we do, how long would it take for the glass to shatter and the steel to rust away?

people have a habit of building on top of ruins, most of greece is that way.

why couldn't humanity have started in asia?

'There are no great apes in south america, sir, so there couldn't have been humans!'

says who?

there used to be dinosaurs everywhere, and you wouldn't have guessed that without a few thousand of them falling into mudholes and tarpits and whathaveyou.

maybe there aren't any human fossils for a given period because humans don't make it a habit to fall into tarpits?

Blue eyes?

sounds like some Zecharia Sitchin stuff.

cool.

I wonder if blue eyed people are originally from mars or something, or nabiru?

I think it's great scientists have found a planetoid that resembles Sitchin's 12th planet so accurately.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChronMan
The cause of Mutation is most likely due to lack of Sun Exposure that causes the Iris to produce Melanin.

Intersting.

so, at a time in history, a lot of people lacked sunlight ?

that i can believe.

perhaps an ice age ?

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I wonder where green eyes come into this? Only about 2% of the world has grass-green eyes, or so says Wikepedia, and I'm one of them so I'm curious.

I wonder if this is an offshoot of blue-eyes, or a separate mutation all together.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   

The OP reference to a cataclysm around 12.000 years ago and that blue eyes occurred about 10,000 yrs ago as A result of genetic mutation. I'm still waiting for the conspiracy aspect to be revealed.

Maybe blue-eyed people are from Atlantis, and when Atlantis was destroyed ~12,000 years ago only one Atlantean escaped. This Atlantean made it to northern Europe and breed with the population. This would explain how "Celtic" like people made it to New Zealand, and why they tend to have the same circular tattoo design as people from South America.

Maybe this Atlantean also was the inspiration for stonehenge, which was originally started ~10,000-12,000 years ago.

It could also explain the acupuncture tattoo's on Otzi the iceman thousands of years before acupuncture was invented in China, the Atlantean may have brought this knowledge to Europe. Maybe some of them went to China, explaining how fair hair/skinned peoples remains have been found in China.

Some Atlanteans may have also been to India, spreading their Indo-European language, which may have originated from "Atlantean". They could have been the inspiration for some of the Indian texts which supposedly talk about flying ships and nuclear war (so I'm lead to believe).

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alien_Question
reply to post by IvanZana

ET's have genetically altered our DNA for thousands of years!

Our brains were locked to use no more than 10% and that explains all of the junk DNA and missing chromosomes!

Well, I don't know about the ETs, junk DNA and missing chromosomes, but I do know that the 10% brain use thingie is a myth. We use 100%, just maybe not all at the same time.

www.csicop.org...

Brain imaging research techniques such as PET scans (positron emission tomography) and fMRI (functional magnetic resonance imaging) clearly show that the vast majority of the brain does not lie fallow. Indeed, although certain minor functions may use only a small part of the brain at one time, any sufficiently complex set of activities or thought patterns will indeed use many parts of the brain. Just as people don't use all of their muscle groups at one time, they also don't use all of their brain at once. For any given activity, such as eating, watching television, making love, or reading Skeptical Inquirer, you may use a few specific parts of your brain. Over the course of a whole day, however, just about all of the brain is used at one time or another.

[edit on 6/29/2008 by Pauligirl]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I see a lot of you make the wrong assumptions to back up your posts.
'
The "out of Africa" assumption is pretty laughable really.

I recommend you read this Forbidden Archeology

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
This might be deleted because it is off topic, but i have been seeing 10,000 a lot. In years, in the year 10,000 b.c., 10,000 years ago and stuff like that.

its weird.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I have a brown eye and a green eye......Man I must be a genetic train wreck!!!!!

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by declassified

many children are born with blue eyes that later turn brown. A genetic function that responds to levels of UVa/b radiation and nutrition absorbtion. Under certain conditions, the eye color will not turn brown. Also effected are hair color and skin color. For example, red headed children in Ethiopia, rarely live past age 6 due to lack of proper nutrition and many of thoses children have distended bellys, freckles and blue eyes. There is a chant from that region that is a testiment of suffering and starvation that "our childrens eyes are still blue when they die"

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaTherion

one thing that disturbs me is how royally messed up africa has been in recorded history.

that date back 30-50k years.

If a civilization built with glass and steel, as we do, how long would it take for the glass to shatter and the steel to rust away?

'There are no great apes in south america, sir, so there couldn't have been humans!'

says who?

maybe there aren't any human fossils for a given period because humans don't make it a habit to fall into tarpits?

I don't think its a question of scientists "wanting" you to believe anything - its simply that the fossil record of Africa is the most complete - in other words showing several proto- type hominids from different time periods with the oldest modern human fossil dating back 150,000 years or so - scientists have excavated on all the major continents and regions of the world but only in Africa has a complete fossil series been found so far...

As to advanced civilizations -
West Africa has step pyramids much like the ones found in central America not as pretty tho
and older, they look like very large earth works rather than stone....also check out the Nubians - some really interesting architectural ruins there- quite beauitful actually...Africa's (by the way Africa's current name was given by the Romans named after Leo Africanus a celebrated general) history is "messed up" because of hundreds of years of European colonization...don't forget the winners get to "spin" the story to their own advantage...Before Alexander conquered Egypt and established the Ptolemaic line it was called Kemet (my spelling is approx.) and at one time many of the Pharoahs were Ethiopian....and Ethopia had a huge empire at one time so its not a stretch to say they probably "got around".....

As to the survival of cities and steel structures - there is a very cool documentary style piece with great graphics and such called "Life after people" that looks at the exact scenario of your question - how long would our skyscrapers and other steel structures last?...quite a long time - long enough to lose their glass and innards but still stand long enough for vines to grow and climbing animals and birds to infest them with many generations of life..but eventually they fall prey to rust and the environment and fall down...sorry - don't remember the time line on that..
www.history.com...www.history.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by realshanti

Originally posted by MegaTherion

that date back 30-50k years.

says who?

I don't think its a question of scientists "wanting" you to believe anything - its simply that the fossil record of Africa is the most complete - in other words showing several proto- type hominids from different time periods with the oldest modern human fossil dating back 150,000 years or so - scientists have excavated on all the major continents and regions of the world but only in Africa has a complete fossil series been found so far...

As to advanced civilizations -
West Africa has step pyramids much like the ones found in central America not as pretty tho
and older, they look like very large earth works rather than stone....also check out the Nubians - some really interesting architectural ruins there- quite beauitful actually...Africa's (by the way Africa's current name was given by the Romans named after Leo Africanus a celebrated general) history is "messed up" because of hundreds of years of European colonization...don't forget the winners get to "spin" the story to their own advantage...Before Alexander conquered Egypt and established the Ptolemaic line it was called Kemet (my spelling is approx.) and at one time many of the Pharoahs were Ethiopian....and Ethopia had a huge empire at one time so its not a stretch to say they probably "got around".....

As to the survival of cities and steel structures - there is a very cool documentary style piece with great graphics and such called "Life after people" that looks at the exact scenario of your question - how long would our skyscrapers and other steel structures last?...quite a long time - long enough to lose their glass and innards but still stand long enough for vines to grow and climbing animals and birds to infest them with many generations of life..but eventually they fall prey to rust and the environment and fall down...sorry - don't remember the time line on that..
www.history.com...www.history.com...

There is no such thing as a "complete" or "most complete" record. There is NO single missing link, there is THOUSANDS of missing links.

Out of Africa was pulled out of historian's buttocks.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   

How is your vision? Anyone else older in your family have vision problems?

In nearly all cases of "vision loss" in my family, it's due to age (in the case of my mother) or misuse (in the case of my father). I'm green-eyed (though apparently it's merely a different form of "blue eyes") and I have very good vision.

This Mutation seem to be the result of an Enviornment that facilitates certain weaknesses (IMO), being as though Blue Eyes are genetically weak and the enviornment lacking Sun allowed it to be expressed.

Weaknesses - right:
Blue-eyed people are more successful.

NEW YORK: Success lies in the colour of your eyes, and those with blue ones are likely to achieve more in life than their peers as they tend to study more effectively and perform better in exams, says a study conducted by US scientists.

Blue-eyed men prefer blue-eyed women.

OSLO - Blue-eyed men prefer blue-eyed women, apparently because eye color can help reveal whether their partner has been faithful, researchers said on Monday.

Assuming these sources are correct, blue-eyes - though a completely random evolutionary mutation with little true adaptive benefits (unlike lighter skin genes for climates with less sunlight, genes that conserve energy in food-scarce environments - supposedly helping to contribute to obesity epidemics in Native American, Polynesian etc society - etc) - must have had "some" inherent value, as:

1. Desirability
Let's face it - if there really was no inherent benefit in possessing blue eyes, and they were considered a negative trait, how did it survive sexual selection? Surely there must be some underlying reason for those humans that didn't possess the genes to run away, or kill, those possessing blue eyes, and hence keep the genes alive?
2. Strategic Thinking
As mentioned above, persons with blue eyes supposedly have greater "strategic thinking" skills (I'm not assuming that the source or study is correct beyond all doubt, it could be mere tabloid trash). 60-10,000 years ago and humanity was mostly in the "hunter-gatherer" stage. Should the source be true, tribes or bands of humans posessing a relatively high amount of blue eye genes would have greater "strategic thinking" overall than other groups, contributing to higher survival rates, and hence greater success relative to other tribes, and hence having more descendants.
3. Reproductive Success
Also as mentioned above, some would claim that the main drive fuelling human interaction, from our earliest days to the very present, is to have children, hence continuing our genetic lineage by passing our genes onto offspring. And let's face it - excluding Acts of God, us unfortunate males would have to assume that our "other half" wasn't sleeping with Thog or Mugtar. As the source indicated, only two blue eyed parents can have a blue eyed child - much like the archetypal mulatto love-child, two blue eyed humans with a brown eyed child would lead us to the conclusion that Mrs Joktu was - ahem - "seeing someone". Hence with such a notable trait to assure that our child was ours, blue eyes is yet again a positive feature.

I don't claim to be a scientist, or anyone even remotely skilled in such matters, but I doubt such a mutation is exactly harmful - as per your theory.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Done this ages ago

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Dont suppose anyone even bothers to search any more!!!!

[edit on 29-6-2008 by Pro-genetic]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to MooMO:

oh gosh so sorry to have offended you - are you a scientist with better information? or do you have some other ax to grind? Or are you pissed off at me for some other reason...?
I wasn't talking about a "missing' link, just whats been found so far ...

[edit on 29-6-2008 by realshanti]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   

did you know there are other human type beings out there(outer space) with green,blue and just about any other color skin and eyes?

i dont think its a mutation,but i guess we can find out soon enough

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
South America was travelled to and traded with by Phoenicians and Carthaginians. In fact, the SA continent, named Ophir in the Bible and texts from Antiquity, was a well kept secret of Carthage, being a successor of sorts to Phoenicia, who originally discovered it.

Apparently from here came gold and strange animals such as peacocks etc..

And the Romans were hot on Carthage's tail. One Carthaginian Admiral beached his fleet off of Spain or France because they were being followed by the Romans, to find the continent, and received many awards for keeping it a secret from them.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
my mother eyes turn blue to green too, and my grandfather had those freaky light blue eyes almost white.
And when i was a baby i was blonde and had blue eyes , that only lasted a few years , then they turn to dark brown.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
As a blue-eyed human I must say that people with blue eyes are cooler than the rest!

One thing I have noticed though, and Ive tested this with a handful of people I know, is that people with blue eyes are more sesitive to bright light especially sunlight, but we see better in the dark and our eyes adjust to the dark faster.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join