It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Dawn Forever..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Has anyone else noticed that the movie Red Dawn is almost constantly on the satellite anymore? I can't turn the TV on without it being played on some channel or other.

In addition to it, other similar themed movies like The Omega Man, Soylent green, and Escape From New York have had a major resurgence.

Are they subtly trying to tell us something? Is this an attempt to put us in a Survival Mode for things that are coming down the pike at us like a runaway train?

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed any odd programming changes..

[edit on 6/28/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
133 views but no replies.. I guess I am the only one paying attention to the satellite programming guides.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Wolverines!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im ready, let's do it.

(I always wanted to see if I could operate a Russian tank effectively)

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

Wolverines!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im ready, let's do it.

(I always wanted to see if I could operate a Russian tank effectively)
It's one of my all time favorites too!

Wolverines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Why invade when you can desroy the economy and just buy the country?
Back in '81 I thought we might be invaded.
Maybe they are trying to bring back cold war thinking, to divert attention from the big sell-out.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Hey, that movie was recently shown here on Australian TV, too! It filled a late night slot... I uh, I thought it was a very... uh, 'oddball' movie

Cubans invading the US? Well... OK.

"...Aveeeenngggeee MMEEEEE!!!"

It's so bad it's good.

Odd and somewhat ironic how they used terrorism to win the war though...

[edit on 28-6-2008 by mattguy404]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Whether you're a Terrorist or a Freedom Fighter, depends on which side you happen to be on.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mattguy404

That's one of my favorite scenes from the movie! A modern day cult classic in the making for sure.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
Are they subtly trying to tell us something? Is this an attempt to put us in a Survival Mode for things that are coming down the pike at us like a runaway train?

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed any odd programming changes..

I've noticed that The Day After has been on several times in the last few months. That movie came out in 83 and that's the first time I saw what "nuclear war" was, and it scared the crap out of me. I think of it every time I hear those two words.

I've seen parts of Soylent Green, but it was years ago. Isn't that where they made food out of people?

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
That was one of my fav movies and i can quote it word for word.Unreal its been 24 years since it was made.Still when you watch it,gives you goosebumps.Wargames was another good one.

[edit on 28-6-2008 by alienstar]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenT

I've noticed that The Day After has been on several times in the last few months. That movie came out in 83 and that's the first time I saw what "nuclear war" was, and it scared the crap out of me. I think of it every time I hear those two words.

I've seen parts of Soylent Green, but it was years ago. Isn't that where they made food out of people?

That's the other movie I couldn't think of that they've been playing over and over. It's funny too, it's only been on one time since it first aired..

Soylent Green is about the government making crackers out of people. A classic PAW movie. I love anything with Charlton Heston in it, so I watch it whenever it's playing.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

War Games has been on a few times as well. It's another 80's classic.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
those first 10 minutes have had a huge impact on me,,,,, i can picture them parachuting in

this has resulted in me having about 5 or 6 different dreams of this scenario,,,,,,and these dreams were the most realistic and horrifying i've ever had,,,,,,and while months and years have passed i can remember these dreams vividly,, i can't put into words how realand scary these dreams were,,, i woke up shaking

i can't even put into words how scary and the feelings that went on with these dreams!@!!!

man, was it scary!!!!

although the rest of the movie was boring but those first 20 minutes or so were crazy as hell!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Milius (sp?) did a great job with this movie. It's sitting in my dvd player right now.

I saw this back in the 80's and it fueled all my childhood fantasies about Ivan attacking. My friends and I would run around shouting "Wolverines" after a
"battle" out in the woods.

To this day, we shout it at the range when someone just unleashing in rapid fire.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I bloody love Red Dawn. Still have the movie poster up on my wall, and i'm 31. I know. I'm pretty sad.

In saying that, i think a lot of people that love movies like Red Dawn want something to happen in this world.

That's my two cents.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Definate classic. I like it because of the politics and combat, my wife likes it because of the brat-packishness of the cast. I liked it as a kid because of the combat. I like it as an adult because of the detail. Notice how when the red's first get into town one of the first things they do is send soldiers to the courthouse looking for DD-214's and firearms registrations?

new topics

top topics

join