It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cozad Witnesses Rare Weather

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

www.nebraska.tv

Cozad residents woke this morning to a weather phenomenon as a heat burst rolled through town. Temperatures rose 20 degrees in a matter of minutes while winds reached speeds of 75 miles per hour.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.vorchester.com

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I wonder if was caused by HAARP. Sorry for the last post, I had copied a link from a spam email to find the source at the same time and screwed it up. Anyway, I remember this happening last year around the same area.

www.nebraska.tv
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
How strange! What causes a heat burst? I am 39 and this is the first time I have ever heard of one. It did not say if the temperature went back down. I too wonder if weather manipulation is happening.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
It sounds like the anti-angels playing their HAARP. Someone in the USA military government trying to dry out the Midwest and the Mississippi River Valley I imagine.

I have experienced sudden temperature surges like this before but that was on another continent and the wind was driving heat off of the Sahara.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I had never heard of one until last year either. It was followed by a pretty bad drought. Hope that doesn't happen again.

Here's something on wikipedia.

en.wikipedia.org...

Half of the incidents they list happened in the last two years.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
can 70 mile an hour winds throw cars? ive been in a lot of winds above 70mph and the cars didnt fly anywhere, just a thought the winds where a lot higher than reported? does anyone know?

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

I think it would take more than 70 miles an hour also. We've had higher winds than that here and the cars stay on the ground.

There was a strange storm a few weeks ago that looked very weird. There wasn't high winds or drastic temperature changes either, but a lot of lightning. After the storm most of the trees had there ends snaped. A few days later most of them developed dead patches too. Very strange.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

I think you might have misread the article.

Trees were thrown into houses and cars but no injuries were reported. There was at least one close call. Nancy Wurst said her son just missed injury as a tree crashed into his car.

Trees were crashing/falling on cars.

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
How strange! What causes a heat burst?

Never heard of a "Heat Burst" before, so I did a little search,

Heat Burst - Wikipedia

A heat burst is a rare atmospheric phenomenon characterised by gusty winds and a rapid increase in temperature and decrease in dew point. Heat bursts typically occur during night-time and are associated with decaying thunderstorms. While this phenomenon is not fully understood, it is theorized that the event is caused when rain evaporates (virga) into a parcel of cold dry air high in the atmosphere making the air more dense than its surroundings.[1] The parcel descends rapidly, warming due to compression, overshoots its equilibrium level and reaches the surface, similar to a downburst.[2] Recorded temperatures during heat bursts have reached well above 90 °F (32 °C), sometimes rising by 20 °F (11 °C) or more within only a few minutes.

*****SKIP*****

Heat bursts are also characterised by extremely dry air and are sometimes associated with very strong, even damaging, winds.

They also list at least 9 other places where this weather event has happened in the past.

Some other links to this weather event.
WHAT IS A HEAT BURST?
THE 22-23 MAY 1996 HEATBURST: A SEVERE WIND EVENT

Some friends of mine were fishing off the coast of Florida just the other day, about 20 miles out, when they had just the opposite happen to them.

There were rainstorms and thunderstorms all over the place that day, and then, in the matter of minutes they said the temperature dropped about 20 degrees.

I think this is more common than these "Heat Bursts" though.

[edit on 6/28/2008 by Keyhole]

new topics

top topics

join