It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stunning STS-75 "Tether" secret revealed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akezzon

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
i get a kick out of you people,, you actually think all that space dust were flying saucers zooming around to see a big long rope??? Man no wonder P.T. Barnum made a bundle out of faking wierd things. I believe he said there was a sucker born every minute.. hmmmm

Space dust doesn't change directions, they don't flash, they don't have a universal apperence, and if there were that much dust and debri out there I wouldn't dare sending anyone outside our atmosphere.

Ice crystals, debri, junk etc DO exists yes, and they to get caught on film sometimes. But the tether incident does not show any of this.

Best UFO footages are imo those taken above earth atmosphere.
Yet many of those sequences are in fact space debri. But it is those obejcts that change flight patterns during filming that interests me.

In space there is not external force that can make an object turn 90 degrees and accelerate after awhile out of the picture.

If you believe that to be space dust then you are just unwilling to see the possibilities.

Bravo sir. Everything you have stated here is 100% true. Some of the people claiming spacedust are just whackos or have NOT seen the video in question...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer
So when you watched the video, the first thing you thought about was the tether?

Yes actually

Even though the tether is pretty irrelevant in the context of the video.

WRONG the Tether is VERY relevant to the video

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
If the objective was to somehow attract this "swarm", why use the tether at all? It would seem reasonable that just jettesoning an expendable item would work.

An expendable item would not work... it would not produce plasma

The tether is 12 cm in diameter... when it is filmed it it 85 nautical miles away... does no one question why it is visible? Even Mission control says "its wider than expected"

Does no one question why they are filming this in infrared?

Does no one question why one of the 'swarm' moves across the screen slowly in an ARC... then as it goes off screen on the right the camera zooms out to keep it in sight and it is now moving DOWN the screen?

And if it was a planned event, why the "panic" for pictures?

All said... I too would like to see the evidence that this was a planned 'critter bait' experiment... because what I found was NASA was dumb enough not to install a circuit breaker because they were 'sure' the power output of the tether would be minimal

:shk:

Just making sure you all have a GOOD copy and not a youtube hack job

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
got any links to this ?

The board offered, in the form of observations, its assessment that the STS-75 tether problem "is not indicative of any fundamental problem in using electrodynamic tethers." It also noted that in spite of the break, a "significant amount" of scientific data was obtained from the Tethered Satellite operations during STS-75.

www.thelivingmoon.com...

The board found that the arcing burned away most of the tether material at that location, leading to separation of the tether from tensile or pulling force. The break occurred when approximately 12.2 miles (19.7 km) of tether was unreeled, in a period when the tether was experiencing normal stresses of approximately 15 pounds (65 newtons).

In addition to the two primary causes for the tether break, the board cited, as one contributing factor, that "the degree of vulnerability of the tether insulation to damage was not fully appreciated." The board noted that the actual environment that the tether was exposed to in flight made it more vulnerable to damage than was expected. And, it noted that the high voltages under which the system was operating could, over a period of time, have reduced the ability of the tether insulation to withstand electrical breakdown due to contamination found in the tether.

www.thelivingmoon.com...

EARLY FINDINGS FROM TETHERED SATELLITE MISSION
POINT TO REVAMPING OF SPACE PHYSICS THEORIES

Numerous space physics and plasma theories are being revised or overturned by data gathered during the Tethered Satellite System Reflight (TSS-1R) experiments on Space Shuttle Columbia’s STS-75 mission last March

www.thelivingmoon.com...

Arcing in Progress

Arcing damage to panel ..

Its called an Electrodynamic Tether designed to collect high energy electrons in the Earth's ionosphere and electromagnetic field. The motion of the tether across the Earth's magnetic field produces a voltage along the 12 mile tether.

Utilizing estimates in the charged density of the earths electromagnetic field and the ionosphere the voltage produces is expected to be several hundred volts per kilometer. If successful this experiment could produce a lot of electrical power. If additional power is driven along the tether in the opposite direction to that in which it normally wants to flow the tether in theory could push negating propulsion against the Earth's gravity to raise the shuttles orbit.

The advantage to this revolutionary advance in propulsion is that it does not require any rocket fuel If successful electrodynamic tethers could prove a way to greatly decrease the cost of in space propulsion. For example the ISS could keep itself in orbit saving nearly 2 billion dollars in orbit reboost rocket fuel for every 10 years of the stations operation

But on Feb. 25 after the 12 mile tether began producing electricity an unexpected overload in electrical energy fluctuating between 2 and 10 times that which predicted due to inaccurate estimates in the electrical charge in the earths magnetic field, ionosphere, and possibly space radiation fried the tethers conductor cable and it broke severing it from the space shuttle..."

Now SecretNasaMan has said in other threads that he IS Martyn Stubbs... I would like to verify that

Why because I am 'critter hunting'

I also have MANY more official NASA papers on this 'incidence' but few here at ATS have shown much interest except the skeptics who THINK they know it all

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by secretnasaman
This electricity somehow caused the UFOs to swarm it for days.

The principal is really very simple..

draw a copper wire through a magnetic field it collects electricity... take a twelve mile long copper wire and drag it through the earths ionosphere at orbital speed of 17,500 miles per hour and you get lots of electricity...

Once the overload fried the connection the wire is still traveling and collecting, but the collected plasma has no where to go and you get the glow around the wire which is what you see at 85 nautical miles...

Thunderstorms build up a charge in a similar way though a different mechanism (water molecule rubbing together) but when the charge gets high enough you get a plasma discharge to ground... we call that lightning

Guess what lighting is free energy
So is the tether... but in space free floating there is nowhere for the charge to seek ground so you get a 'fluorescent tube' like effect

And that one 380 page report I ordered from NASA explains how this problem also effects spacecraft (which are metal) as they also collect this energy...

Imagine walking on a carpet and touching a door knob amplified hundreds of times... but no door knob to lose the charge...

Now imagine an unsuspecting spacecraft approaching for docking... do I need to spell it out?

Effect of this problem on an ESA craft solar panel

Funny you never see THIS stuff on News at Eleven

Now if you were REALLY Martyn you would know more of this

[edit on 8-8-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by secretnasaman
The clip also implies that they can be made to break away, to be used as satellite "killers".

Then that 'clip' has no idea what a tether is, nor do you

:shk:

And I am quite sure impersonating Martyn Stubbs would be a grave violation of the T&C here

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
i get a kick out of you people,, you actually think all that space dust were flying saucers zooming around to see a big long rope??? Man no wonder P.T. Barnum made a bundle out of faking wierd things. I believe he said there was a sucker born every minute.. hmmmm

Anonymous ATS, I hope you get also a kick out this, how do you explain your space dust theory when you clearly see them flying behind the tether in the video zorgon provided?

reply to post by zorgon

And how big do you estimate those “space dust particles” must be then when you compare the size of them in relation with the length of the tether and cable [12 mile long]?
It must be flying Space Mountains then if I am correct.

And listen carefully to what the astronaut is saying; there is a little bit of debris that is flying with us.

Can you imagine that he said it is flying with us while the distance to the tether is some 80 nautical miles away from the space shuttle?

Great questions you asked here zorgon.

Originally posted by zorgon
The tether is 12 cm in diameter... when it is filmed it it 85 nautical miles away... does no one question why it is visible? Even Mission control says "its wider than expected"

Could it be that it is visible because it moves through Earth magnetic field and becomes therefore constantly electrical charged and started emitting light particles or such?

Does no one question why they are filming this in infrared?

Because if it was not filmed in infrared you probably won’t see the objects.

Does no one question why one of the 'swarm' moves across the screen slowly in an ARC... then as it goes off screen on the right the camera zooms out to keep it in sight and it is now moving DOWN the screen?

Please explain that because I don’t know the meaning of ARC.

[edit on 8/8/08 by spacevisitor]

[edit on 8/8/08 by spacevisitor]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Do you have that value right? 12 cm?

Wasn't it 2.5 mm?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Do you have that value right? 12 cm?

Wasn't it 2.5 mm?

Would that even matter? 12cm or 2.5mm is still so small in comparison to the actual "diameter" it seems to have at 85nm.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Z, is it your opinion that these ufo's were actually living creatures attracted to the energy given off by the tether similar as aquarium fish all swarm anything that is dropped into the aquarium?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Posted by spacevistor

And how big do you estimate those “space dust particles” must be then when you compare the size of them in relation with the length of the tether and cable [12 mile long]?

No one can say if the objects are behind the teather or not, its that simple. If the teather is only an few inches thick or smaller do you wonder why you can see it at all? There is obvisiously an effect from the camera that is displaying a false image because we know the teather is much smaller then it appears. Because the camera is clearly in error in this portion of the video no one can say that even if it appears the objects move behind the teather that they do.
I'm not saying there aren't other interesting aspects to this video that need to be looked into but no one can say if those objects are infront or behind the teather.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
OK, this may be a bit off topic but could HAARP possibly of had any effect on the outcome of the Tether Incident?

ArMaP? Zorgon?

IRM

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Steve B

Think of the tether as a bolt of lightning..A bolt of lightning is actually a very small diameter but seems much bigger as it can be seen from many miles away..Thats no camera fault or trick..That tether has been energized..

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheEnlightenedOne
Would that even matter? 12cm or 2.5mm is still so small in comparison to the actual "diameter" it seems to have at 85nm.
To me it always matters, a measurement is a measurement, and 12 cm would be 48 times bigger than 2.5 mm.

Although I agree that what we see in the video is not the real width of the tether because of the electrical charge that it had or because of other related effect, I also think that even without that we would see it wider because it coiled back to its previous form after breaking.

And I suppose that by 85nm you mean 85 nautical miles and not nanometres, right?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I don't have any opinion about that, I never educated myself about HAARP.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Reply to gotannybpb

I think its much more likely that they turned up the comtrast on the camera then the teather being as luminous as lightening. Thus it is camera related. Your right about lightening anyway but you came to the wrong conclusion lightening is much 'smaller' then it appears but both the camera and our eyes trick us.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This footage has been reasonably well explained as ice particles as seen by an out of focus camera; these ice particles are often found near manned space craft, and are generally associated with the craft's waste systems and other onboard fluids-

Or, debris immediately outside the cockpit, exhibiting the same halo effect.

www.rense.com...

"If you look at enough video, you see this as a standard out-of-focus effect,'' he said. "This particular camera system isn't designed for low light levels and it's being pushed beyond its specifications in order to zoom in on the tether. Under these conditions, the tether itself looks bizarre, because it's only as thick as a phone cord, maybe an eighth of an inch. But because the image intensifier is turned all the way up, what we see is a phantom thickness that's not real.

As Oberg mentioned in his article, there can be "bleed over" to adjoining camera pixels. Similar things happen in other cases - artifacts in SOHO images, for instance.

But in my personal opinon these things looks like Space Bagels to me.

And the REAL question the believers should ask is "Can space bagels be ordered with sesame seeds and cream cheese?"

MmmmmMMMMmmmm space bagels....

[edit on 8-8-2008 by AntisepticSkeptic]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor
Anonymous ATS, I hope you get also a kick out this,

Anon posters like that deserve to be kicked out the airlock for a closer look at that 'dust' preferably without the space suit

Couple miles in diameter on some... there is one that is great to measure with

Comes in from the left...

Clearly goes behind the tether and not that far behind...

It must be flying Space Mountains then if I am correct.

No not a mountain they are flatter like an amoeba

And the 'young' are spheres or 'orbs'

Please explain that because I don’t know the meaning of ARC.

Typo left off the H ARCH or curve... Things like dust and debris CANNOT move in a curve in space, nor can they change direction...

Go back to the video after seeing the next set of clips and watch this one's path

Watch this one closely as it moves in a curve over the 'top' (film orientation) of the tether... then when it is past it it goes straight down the screen as they zoom out to keep it in site...

This one is also very bright and pulses... something I will show next post

Notice that from the previous frame it has also turned 180 degrees as the notch is now down...

Now it started low on the left, arched over (or around) the end of the tether and watch it after my last clip it now goes straight DOWN

To the 'dust and debris' crowd please explain how a free floating particle in space.. would accomplish a CURVED trajectory and a SLOW and drastic change in direction

Nope on second thought... never mind

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Now then I have some clips from another video...

I mentioned amoeba like in the last post... pay close attention to the EDGE as it changes....

Also I want to add my 2 cents worth on Jose's 'rods' I looked at them closely and I found one image that was pretty good in close up...

I haven't had time to examine a lot of them but this one caught my attention..

If you look at the above object from the side... you 'might' see this...

The same way as when you pick up a saucer and look at it from the top you see a round object, on an angle you get an oval and from the edge the classic
saucer shape with a higher center

Its all a matter of perspective..

OH and just in case it isn't clear... they are CRITTERS not Spaceships and are local not alien as they also can enter the atmosphere...

I know this video has been shown before... but I want to add it to this thread in context... and then I can just point to this thread from now on when someone new drags it up

UFO: filmed during NASA Space Shuttle STS-80 Mission

This one is narrated... and shows the WHOLE sequence not a youtube chop job... the IMPORTANT thing is the camera man zooming in at the end...

Why would they do this if it was JUST DUST

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

An out of focus object, specially a bright one, can look like it is going behind another bright object, and the shape of the "amoeba" is a result of the way the lens is made.

Edit:

This may not show it as good as I wanted to, but it is visible that the string looks like it is casting a shadow over red disc, when that was not the situation, the red disc (a light from PocketPC) was in front of the string and very near the camera.

[edit on 8/8/2008 by ArMaP]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join