It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New and improved Firefox 3 and this forum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I upgraded last week to the new and improved Firefox. It has all kinds of bells and whistles. Funny thing about this site. I have received this message 3 times when I open a new tab for a specific thread.

Firefox spits out this pretty little red box with yellow exclamation points:

Reported Attack Site!

This web site at waytotheprofit.com has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack sites try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.

Some attack sites intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

Any idea or thoughts on this?

BTW: I have normal settings for security with the browsers I use. I use other security software for machine protection.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
The same thing happened to me after installing the Firefox. My settings are also set on the default settings. It really spooked me. I hope someone has something helpful or informative to say about this.

Being that this is a conspiracy site, it got me even more paranoid than I already need to be.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I have been running FireFox 3 for a few weeks now and have never gotten an alert such as the one described.

Not sure where that takes us now though. My settings are also on default.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I installed firefox 3 on my iMac and haven't had any problems or messages like that. Of course I have a firewall and have pop up's blocked and don't accept cookies without my OK and I have it set to delete personal info when I log off so...

... but then windoze systems... well, no further comment.

Buy a mac.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Ive never gotten that popup, or any really. What plugins are you running? I run no script and adblock plus.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Grover, the more I think about this windoze thing I heard over the years, you may be onto something. I recently got a decent notebook computer and am learning the ways of wireless internet. It has me thinking of Mac the more I see stuff.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Question Fate

It's not a popup. It's a full screen of red death.

I have a firewall on the router and computer along with several applications that stop certain actions within my local network. This isn't that type of warning. This is produced by Firefox on certain banners that show up just occasionally within the threads.

Put waytotheprofit.com on your address bar and hit enter. Mine defaults to a Google page telling me the warnings from this site.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
You can hear the crickets chipping now that this thread has been moved to a backwater corner off of AboveTopSecret.com.

Must have hit on something....

Firefox 3 users click, waytotheprofit.com and see the results. This is one of the banner sites that pop up just every so often.

BTW: whoever moved this thread. It's not a computer issue, it's a web site security issue.

[edit on 29-6-2008 by hinky]

new topics

top topics

join