It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Redhead Celebration!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
As you can see from my avatar, I'm a redhead and *very* proud if it. I wondered if there are any other redheads out there who want to celebrate and show off their fabulous hair colour for all the world...well, BTS anyway...to see? Fans of redheads also very welcome...of course.

I got teased mercilessly as a child for having red hair, and I gradually realised that it made me much stronger and more resilient, growing up with the constant torments of being called "carrot top", "ginger!" (which I hate with a passion...it's NOT ginger, it's RED!), and a few other not so nice names. It's a very cruel thing to do to any child.

There is also a long, and not really spoken about tradition in Scotland that redhaired women are witches...well, that's right!*wink!*...and I feel the prejudice even in my own family...they are always trying to get me to cut my hair short...to make less of it...when I have long hair almost to my waist that I want to show off.

So...can we show off and celebrate a bit please? It's such a special thing and quite rare, although I believe Scotland has the highest percentage of population in the world with red hair, at about 13%.

Also, if anyone knows of other indiginous peoples around the world with red hair, irrespective of skin colour, let us all know...I think there are African Caribbean people with dark skin and red hair who have Scottish ancestry...I hope I got that right!

And Famous Redheads..

Let me kick off with a few...

Nicole Kidman
Prince Harry
David Caruso

Add some more please!

Blessings

Caitlin (the redhaired witch...and proud of it!)

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Oh HELL yeah, I'll get in on this one for sure.

RedHeads UNITE!

I'm proud of my fire, better believe it...

**Dancing around all giddy at the opportunity to finally feel important for being crimson...

All ginger...

Feast your eyes on that cayenne pepper babeh!

Whoohoo I'm on fire!

Well, actually, my hair is getting darker as I get older, you might can tell that it's more auburn now but bleh... The goatee is still pretty firery.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Here is a pic of my favorite redhead in the entire universe....my neice and namesake..........

Jeez, she's adorable....go ahead, star it! She's full of life, smart, and keeps a balance between her girly girl side and her tomboy side.

My mom always wanted a redheaded grandbaby, she passed away a few months before my neice was born.

Rush

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Aw...she's beautiful! What a gorgeous kid... Thank you for posting, and Bachelor is very handsome too...great pictures!! I must dig out more of mine....I got some killer baby pics!

Cait

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by caitlinfae
I got some killer baby pics!

As killer as THIS?!?

This is like, the best thread ever.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
My hunny bunny is a redhead:

And boy is she fiery! She'll probably kill me for postin this pic of her though.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Wait til WUK sees this thread
It'll drive him mad.

*Raises hand* also a redhead.

[edit on 6/28/2008 by jensouth31]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
files.abovetopsecret.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Very elegant redhead too Jensouth...beautiful.

And who is WUK? And what are we doing to drive him mad?

More baby pics later, when I find them...although I think Bachelor wins the baby pic contest! How cute was that?!

Cait

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by caitlinfae
I think Bachelor wins the baby pic contest! How cute was that?!

Ha, tell that to my poor ol' mama. She said when I was born that I was such an ugly little wrinkled purple thing that the only reaction she could manage to seeing me, was just to laugh. And I had two little red hairs sticking out of my head.

A face not even a mother could love apparently.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
You guys are all gorgeous redheads. And wait until my neice sees how many stars she has.

Rush

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

Well I just could not believe your claim of being a witch! I person as sweet and intellectually stimulating as you surely couldn't be a witch. I had to debunk this claim, so the best way was to enlarge your photo and find the wart on your nose to see if you truly are a witch. This is the quickest and easiest way because we all know that all witches have a wart on their nose.

To my astonishment my findings prove you to be correct. You Are A Witch!

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MrMysticism

WAH!!! Look at that! You are *sooo* spanked!! I laughed out loud when I saw that big old wart on my little nose....how come I didn't notice it before now.....?*big innocent blue eyes*

But yup...it's true...I'm a witch and very happy to say it now, after several hundred lives of persecution, torture, execution and general ridicule...I'm so used to it, it's not even fluff now....

And thank you for saying I'm intellectually stimulating...I think I'm a bit dim actually...

Cait

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Now...this is a redhead. Who is this? Anyone know?

La la luscious!

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Excitable_Boy

Goldanngit.. who cares what her name is?

Whats in a name anyhoo

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
She's a bit skinny...and she has white bits where her bikini was....and footballer's thighs...and her head's too big for her body...and she's got no hips....and bad breath....suppose she's ok...

**sulking**

Cait

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
No stars for baby Bachelor? C'mon now, just cuz' all yall was some ugly azz babies ain't no reason to be hate'n.

Cait, you put that redhaired model to shame, no worries.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

WAH! You are spanked! I think that means really funny!

Yeah, no skinny minnies for me. Half of the American male population like a full bodied women, but only 5 percent of them are willing to admit it. You have an eye for white wooly boogers.

Oh no, I just realized that the picture I enlarged of you makes you look cross eyed.

Sorry....

BTW people this is not a "Who is your favorite redhead hottie" thread. It was created by a redhead that wanted to see who else was a redhead here on ATS for casual conversation. This doesn't include me because I have short jet black hair.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrMysticism
BTW people this is not a "Who is your favorite redhead hottie" thread.

Precisely why this is the thread I posted my pics in, rather than the typical attention-ho threads that are scattered around the place... This thread is respectful and in good taste, it's about a hair color and not how hot or not someone is.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I actually have auburn hair.....although it looks a tad more red in the sunshine. The chick I get to cut my hair loves the colour, Im only partial.

I think we should be included as a minority group and reap extra benefits from the government...whos with me!!!!!???

Sorry bout the horrible image btw....should update it with a better one...lol

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Oz! Dude I am so with you on that one... the gov needs to pay up! Redheads get treated freakier than all other minority groups combined, it's time we get some benefits for pain and suff'rin. Jews think they got it rough? Muslims think they got it rough? Blacks think they got it rough? Try growing up with red hair you mudafuggas!!

yea...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join