It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science Reveals Jesus Christ

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Scientific proof all things are held together by Jesus

Colossians 1:15-17

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

Today's Science Lesson:

Laminins are a family of proteins that are an integral part of the structural scaffolding of basement membranes in almost every animal tissue. You see, laminins are what hold us together ~ literally. They are cell adhesion molecules. They are what holds one cell of our bodies to the next cell. Without them, we would literally fall apart. And I knew all this already. But what I didn't know is what laminin looked like.
But now I do.

Here is what the structure of laminin looks like...AND THIS IS NOT a 'Christian portrayal' of it....if you look up laminin in any scientific/medical piece of literature, this is what you will see...

Implications?

For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans1:20)

Here's laminin from an electron microscope...

Remember the verse up top "He is before all things, and in him all things hold together."?

You are now without excuse.

Laminin is the major non-collagenous component of the basal lamina, such as those on which cells of an epithelium sit.[1] Basically, laminin is a protein found in the "extracellular matrix", the sheets of protein that form the substrate of all internal organs also called the "basement membrane". It has four arms that can bind to four other molecules. The three shorter arms are particularly good at binding to other laminin molecules, which is what makes it so great at forming sheets. The long arm is capable of binding to cells, which helps anchor the actual organs to the membrane.
en.wikipedia.org...

Q.E.D.

[edit on 6/28/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

Interesting find BW.

However the fact that a code exists that describes, replicates and regenerates fantastically complex organisms (in the form of DNA) while the human mind still philosophizes about whether a Designer exists - shows that only open-minded seekers of truth will ponder such things.

Not millenia of human thought and ingenuity, not the power of every computer in the world can engineer a single living organism from scratch. Never will. Logic demands that if all humanity plus computers can't do it, neither can chance. And that's just a single-celled organism, never mind the world we find ourselves in, teeming with an infinite variety of ordered, interdependent life-forms...

Anyway this microscopic tether brought a smile to my face. Perhaps a little jewel from the Infinite, akin to the cross on a donkey's back...

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Great thread!
What beauty is in 'natural' creation!
Thank you!

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
WOW that is amazing! Thanks for posting it!

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

www.seiyaku.com...

The Latin Cross
also called the Roman, Protestant, Western or Plain Cross

Latin Cross

The Latin cross (crux ordinaria) is a symbol of Christianity even though it was used as a pagan symbol for millennia before the foundation of the Christian Church.

It is proof that all things can mean whatever you want them to mean providing you ignore some of them..

[edit on 28-6-2008 by riley]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

Hi riley

A cross is as simple as it gets when it comes to symbols, and it's no surprise it cropped up in ancient times, for all manner of reasons.

The point is that Christ was crucified no matter what the shape had been used for or symbolised in the past. Christians are obviously reminded of the crucifixion of the Son of God when they see that shape. There's nothing mystical about the symbol itself it's just a reminder of how the Lord gave himself up for our sakes.

What BW is getting at is that we believe this crucified man was the infinite Creator of all veiled in a human body. He planned before he made this world to enter it and give himself up to crucifixion for our sakes. It simply doesn't surprise us that the central event of human history could therefore be incorporated into the essential design of living organisms.

That's where we're coming from.

edit to correct typo

[edit on 28/6/08 by pause4thought]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
reply to post by riley

What BW is getting at is that we believe this crucified man was the infinite Creator of all veiled in a human body. He planned before he made this world to enter it and give himself up to crucifixion for our sakes. It simply doesn't surprise us that the central event of human history could therefore be incorporated into the essential design of living organisms.

That's where we're coming from.

I've got no problem with christians being comforted by what I see as a mere coincidence.. but BW called it "scientific proof all things are held together by Jesus"? thats ridiculous. Interpriting it as such requires bias for christianity [above paganism] .. it also requires people to accept a vague image as scientific evidence.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
riley - this is a reply to you (but for some bizarre reason the 'reply to' button isn't functioning).

I actually agree that on its own this does not 'prove' anything. I think BW, and others, are struck by the shape of a structure that is so fundamental it holds everything together, i.e. it is the purpose of this little baby that gives it inherent significance.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Fair enough. I can understand how it would validate beliefs of christians and why it would be so spiritually important to many of you.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
This doenst prove anything.

I believe in a god.

But so what if it says it in the bible thats not scientific proof. And just becuase the molecule is shapped like a cross doesnt mean anything either.

I'm sure there are many other protien stuctures that resemble a cross.

And their are propably other religous text that say "(whoever) holds life together"

And the cross doesnt necessarly mean crist there are millions of different meanings to crosses.

And tons of people where cruzified also, so your claim shows nothing expept a quincedence.

I'm not trying to be anti-christian and all, and I respect your right to belive in which ever religon you want.

But please dont say you have scientific proof of what ever religous belive without showing proper evidence.

Eternal wonderer

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

Hey P4T!

That about sums it up! It is a neat affirmation of what we are told about him "holding all things together". Haha I love it... Scoffers will always scoff. Maybe on it's own it's not really much proof. But man all these little coincidences just keep adding up don't they?

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley

www.seiyaku.com...

The Latin Cross
also called the Roman, Protestant, Western or Plain Cross

Latin Cross

The Latin cross (crux ordinaria) is a symbol of Christianity even though it was used as a pagan symbol for millennia before the foundation of the Christian Church.

It is proof that all things can mean whatever you want them to mean providing you ignore some of them..

Riley, you are my friend, but I think you should give my other "friend" BigWhammy a little respect. If BigWhammy wants to propagade "science reveals Jesus Christ" based on a diagram, let him be.

For you Riley, I have a treat, let's go and see real photos of Laminins, not drawings and diagrams. You can find them in the following links:

askville.amazon.com...

www.nature.com...

There are many pretty shapes of Laminin, perhaps an extract of the text might interest you:

"You probably heard about it because a molecular diagram of it is shaped like a crucifix. In practice, though, all four of the "arms" are flexible, so if you take an actual picture of it it assumes a lot of different shapes:"

Oh yes, forgot to tell you a single Laminin structure is made up of 3 parts and it has 6 ends. Oh God! Bless me, did you see Riley? Laminin, 3 and 6? Laminin is 666!!! It's evil!! Everyone quick run!!!

I know I know, I will get what's coming on Judgment Day. As an agnostic, I only believe God in my own way, to believe is to accept Judgment from God, but hope you guys see some humour in this.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Reply to Gigantopithecus (I'm afraid my 'reply to' button isn't functioning again).

So far this discussion has been very civil, even good natured. There was no need to have a swipe at BW in such a patronizing tone.

This topic is not an article of the Christian faith. It's a novel tit-bit which BW noticed had an interesting parallel in Scripture. Several people have thanked BW for sharing the info, but if it doesn't say anything to you it doesn't give you free reign to attack him.

Thanks for your additional info. But hey, lighten up. We're in here for enjoyment...

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Gigantopithecus

It still looks like a cross
and it has 6 ends made of three parts NOT 6 times 3.
6 in the Bible means the number of natural man.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Reply to Gigantopithecus (I'm afraid my 'reply to' button isn't functioning again).

So far this discussion has been very civil, even good natured. There was no need to have a swipe at BW in such a patronizing tone.

This topic is not an article of the Christian faith. It's a novel tit-bit which BW noticed had an interesting parallel in Scripture. Several people have thanked BW for sharing the info, but if it doesn't say anything to you it doesn't give you free reign to attack him.

Thanks for your additional info. But hey, lighten up. We're in here for enjoyment...

Hi pause4thought,

It a long story but I was just "returning a coin" to BigWhammy. I assume that you don't read other threads much? Otherwise you would know the true BigWhammy a little better. Even so, it's your choice of company, I respect and understand your choice. I also don't question your take on things, hope you give me a 1 percent of the space you gave BigWhammy?

Thanks in advance. God bless you.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
reply to post by Gigantopithecus

It still looks like a cross
and it has 6 ends made of three parts NOT 6 times 3.
6 in the Bible means the number of natural man.

Thanks for clearing it up! I was wrong, sorrieeee.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Nice response. Appreciate it.

I do frequent 'other threads', but I don't often get involved where things get really heavy. I recognize where I'd be out of my depth & just eavesdrop in such instances.

Just wondering - it sounds like you & BW go back a long way. Yet you only registered a few days ago. Just wondering.

Anyway it's good to get different perspectives. It'd be jolly boring otherwise.

As to the topic itself: floppy as the structure might be, it still appears basically to be a cross...

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Nice response. Appreciate it.

I do frequent 'other threads', but I don't often get involved where things get really heavy. I recognize where I'd be out of my depth & just eavesdrop in such instances.

Just wondering - it sounds like you & BW go back a long way. Yet you only registered a few days ago. Just wondering.

Anyway it's good to get different perspectives. It'd be jolly boring otherwise.

As to the topic itself: floppy as the structure might be, it still appears basically to be a cross...

Hi pause4thought,

thanks for your kind reply.

You are right, I just registered but I have been an avid reader of ATS posting for a year now. I enjoy reading and I have a wicked humour. Sort of like Tommy Lee Jones, the guy can tell a wicked joke with a straight face. Reading ATS postings gave me hours of enjoyment. I was pretty much like you, don't like bickering and least of all get involved. Same reason, I became an agnostic, I listen to God better without people around me arguing.

Differences in opinion is totally acceptable. I am also open to people who insist on their own interpretation of things. I can even go as far as people trying to persuade others to accept their versions. But I draw my line when respect is thrown out of the window and mockery, deception and manipulation is utilised. I registered because I got upset that some good posters were heavily bashed and no one seems to have an answer.
I thought I give them a little support. As for BW and I, I rather let things play out.

Well anyway, back to this topic. I readily accept your decision that a floppy Laminin is still a cross. As for me, Laminin is not rigid in real life and has a free form shape, not a cross. A shape has to be rigid. Here is where you and others will differ. I believe you will also repect my decision, just as I respect yours.

Now, there will be someone who will relentlessly go to the extreme to point out I am wrong, employing mockery, deception and manipulation. May even try to discredit me. This person will persuade that if you pull, bend, straight and stretch the floppy Laminin out you will get a cross.

Well again no disrespect to anyone, but if you pull, bend, straighten and stretch the four points of a Buddhist Swastika, you will also get a cross too. Observe I intentionally use the words Buddhist Swastika. Someone will cry foul if I don't make it clear I wasn't referring to the other swastika.

I think we should just follow one rule, sincerely respect and accept different view.

Well, that's my take in life. Cheers and God bless.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
It does not look like a cross to me. As I look at the pictures in the links Gigantopithecus posted, the REAL thing looks nothing like a cross... Even the one in the OP (the real picture, not the representation) doesn't look like a cross. It has 4 "arms". That's where the similarities end. A swastika also has 4 arms. And a pinwheel. Or a 4-leafed clover. Many things in nature (and otherwise) have 4 "limbs".

The laminin is a thing of nature, not something that reveals Jesus.

And ... even if it looked EXACTLY like a cross, to say that it's a "scientific" revelation about Jesus Christ is a huge leap and in my opinion, beyond all reason.

To say that this is how science reveals Jesus Christ is like saying that a DNA strand scientifically proves that life is a roller coaster. Or that the face of Mary in a tortilla means the end is near, so eat up.

Sorry. BW, I do not agree that this is scientific proof of anything.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join