It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jedi The New Religion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I can't remember which year this was, not long ago only about 1999/2000 or something, The English government did a census on which was the most popular Religion in England and it was Christianity then Islam (I think) then Jedi

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
AHH. Its real!
www.jediism.org...

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
its true, theres a huge thread somewhere that has alot of detail information about jedism, shame that yoda was their god

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Infinite, Much about the Force you have to learn.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
If any of you are curious, here are a few other websites with ideas along those lines:
JEDI
United Jedi Order (UJO)
sithism
Shadow division

If you cannot reach the forum affiliated with Jediism.org, then here it is:
jediism forum

Of course, as being associated with this group for half a year now, I can answer most questions there are if there are any.

infinite, Yoda is more of a prophet
. The only thing that is remotely related to god in which there is a general consensus or belief in is the "force". Though, there isn't a very strong agreement on what exactly that means. It could be a god and some people think of it as something more along those lines than as psychic phenomenon.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I'd probably say Jedi is a "repackaged" religion...buhddism in essence with a bit of a fight the good fight attitude (something I wish Tibet would of done).

Do you get to choose a "dark path" if you join Jedi? The funny thing is, I wouldn't be surprised if the universe had successful aliens that followed such a religion, since some of our other religions (Judaism, Christianity, and Islam) seem bent on wiping each other out.

Hmmm at least I haven't seen any Jedi followers blow up any buildings with airplanes yet.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
An ATS search using the word: Jediism reveals:

"So, you want to be a Jedi?"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

"Jedi: Religion or Fantasy?"

"Jediism - The Jedi Religion"

regards
seekerof

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
There are a few people at the-jedi.org and probably other places that like to call themselves "dark jedi" and the people from "sithism" mingle around other sites and get along pretty well. There is no way to enforce what you believe so there are no guidelines on what philosophy you follow. As long as you don�t cause large problems and you want to discuss, then you can join any of these websites with whatever viewpoint you want. I can�t remember a time when someone was banned. So, the answer would be that you can join the �jedi� and interact with them even if you call your self a �sith�/�dark jedI�. I hope we, as a group, have come to the point where we are tolerant enough to allow anything that involves different viewpoints.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I remember watching Attack of the Clones and being struck with what I saw as a movie version of what the NWO are doing now. Controlling both sides in order to take control of all.

Now all we need is for some 'Darth Vader' type to turn against the NWO and put things back to rights.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Jedism's most recent convert.

top topics

join