It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate Change May Challenge National Security, Classified Report Warns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Climate Change May Challenge National Security, Classified Report Warns

www.sciencedaily.com

The National Intelligence Council (NIC) has completed a new classified assessment that explores how climate change could threaten U.S. security in the next 20 years by causing political instability, mass movements of refugees, terrorism, or conflicts over water and other resources in specific countries. The House Intelligence Committee is scheduled to be briefed Wednesday, June 25, on the main findings.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
"We can pinpoint areas of high projected climate change that are also in historically unstable regions. This suggests that climate change is likely to heighten political risks,' said CIESIN deputy director Marc Levy, a coauthor of the CIESIN studies.

All I can say is wow! I would like to get my hands on this report and see were the "Safe spots" are.

-Kdial1

www.sciencedaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Any of our top members on here have any more information on this report? I know it is classified, but maybe someone knows a little more information.....

-Kdial1

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
i would suggest sending the marines in , as mother nature must be hiding bin laden and is in the axis of evil - a pre emptive nuclear strike , to be sure.

new topics

top topics

join