It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Declares US In 'State Of Emergency" Over Iranian Nuclear Fears

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Bush Declares US In 'State Of Emergency" Over Iranian Nuclear Fears

www.whatdoesitmean.com

Russian Military Analysts are reporting today that the United States President has declared that his Nation is now in a ‘State of Emergency’, both militarily and economically, by his signing of an Executive Order, and which we can read in part as reported by the White House News Service:

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Matthew chapter 24...

You can read the actual executive order: www.whitehouse.gov...

please tell me what this means to you...I have an opinion. I study the world\'s current events, political and economical. I understand the purpose of the \"main stream\" media and that we told what \"they\" think we need or as I like to say as they feed us passive versions of reality. I am asking for answers, seeking for truth and knocking on the doors of reality. I need help to find my way...

I must admit I am very concern about this article. All opinions asked for and appreciated.

www.whatdoesitmean.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Well considering...

That the executive order referenced has nothing to do with Iran and only has limited scope with North Korea... I'd say the article would have little meaning, but since the source article is by Sorcha Faal... Internet Hoax Queen Courtesy of David Booth... I'd say that this thread is better suited to BTS Jokes, Puns, & Pranks...

You might want to do a little research on Executive Orders as well.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Dont ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, trust anything writen by Sorcha Faal.

Seriously, a more debunked source has never been know.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

Thank you for the reply and for setting my mind more at ease regarding these claims. I don't want to be just another sheep in the hurd. I want to be prepared and protected. Unfortunately I (we) have to rely on the media to inform us, which you know as well as I that it's watered down at best, utter lies, and manipulations, IMO of course.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DreamerAU

The first part of the link tells me do not bother to read this material. It says: By: Sorcha Faal

Next.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   

I may have spoke to quick, well not about Sorscha but, check out this link to the same story:

www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

It really wasn't the Sorcha Faal portion that I was referencing of course anything related will naturally be questioned. Moreso it's the articles that are linked to and referenced the Sorcha Faal article. Granted I know the Sorcha Faal reputation. It does seem that the quotes used are from legitimate articles from more reputable sources. The context of Sorcha Faal's article here can be read for entertainment for that matter. The content seems to be valid maybe not the context in which it is presented. I looked up the executive order (of course it's routine), I looked up the other points from other sources, more traditional media and the storied used to conjure this article seem legit. Isn't this how we are to find the "real" news (if that is remotely possible) by cross checking with other sources to piece together the puzzle of the truth? My puzzle could complete a picture different than yours, which brings up further questions, not for this post I suppose.

Do you agree or am I grasping here?

I'm just trying to learn and like everyone here, find some truth.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   

I do agree. I didn't bother to read anything past the name. It is my opinion that all previous articles that I have read written or researched by Sorscha are not truth or fact, only manipulated tidbits of information.

My apologies for jumping the gun. As for the subject of National Emergency being declared, that is some worriesome news. Bush doesn't want to leave office, and methinks he is willing to do anything to stay there.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Looks like Bush has been working over time in the past few days

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thankgod i don't live in your country

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   

it shows youre thinking though, for yourself even

that alone puts you ahead of the game so i wouldnt worry about being part of the herd.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
well, I myself am concerned about this matter as it goes beyond the article linked in the OP and seems to stem from the white house itself.

see this article on abovetopsecret about the subject here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and this article from the White House, here:

www.whitehouse.gov...

It is not really relative to whether or not the article in the OP is a hoax or not, I would me more concerned with the actual source of that article on the government site. Just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Sounds to me like they found out a boatload of counterfeit money is on it's way here from North Korea. But they can't find the boat and it's not flying a Korean flag...

That would indeed be a national emergency and just about enough to finish off this sick puppy of an economy right now. The North Koreans can do something no other counterfeiters can - they can print it on the exact same paper and equipment we use because they're a government.

Imagine an entire cargo ship full of high denomination notes, maybe 10 or 20 trillion dollars being dumped into this economy. Mexico would have to start building their own border fence...

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
but, here's the nitty-gritty. according to sources just yesterday,
North Korea is dismanteling the last remaining parts of its reactor that created the bomb making plutonium.
That is 180 degrees different that what this fictional fuss is about...

North Korea is being taken off the 'Trading with the Enemy' list...

NK is also being taken off the list of rogue 'terror-sponser-States'...

so, all seems to heading in the right direction---and not going down the toilet like the OP link suggests.... and that execuitive order
from 2006 i think will be trashcanned too.

see: english.aljazeera.net...

+++++++++++++++++

And, as an aside, theres a readable item titled: Your Brain Lies To You
""We tend to remember news that accords with our worldview,
... ""

thanks,

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Grasshopper I fear Sorchas Russian military analysts have far to much time spare to imbibe in copious amounts of vodka I hope their brains are in better shape than their livers,the individual stories she reports on are often correct but her weaving together of the plot is often less than auspicious.Not to say however that a broken watch is correct twice a day but there will be 86398 seconds it is incorrect.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Iran preparing to fire missiles at Dimona
iran has moved ballistic missiles into launch positions, with Israel’s Dimona nuclear plant among the possible targets, the London-based Times newspaper reported Sunday, quoting defense sources.

According to the report, the movement of Shahab-3B missiles, which have an estimated range of more than 1,250 miles, followed a reported large-scale exercise earlier this month in which the Israel Air Force flew en masse over the Mediterranean in an apparent rehearsal for a threatened attack on Iran’s nuclear installations.

Threats
Iran warns of 'limitless' response to any military strike / AFP
'With determination and using all the options - without limit in time and space - we will give a destructive response to any hostile action,' defense minister Najar says amid reports of Israeli Air Force drill
Full story

The sources said Iran was preparing to retaliate for any onslaught by firing missiles at Dimona, where Israel's nuclear reactor is located.

General Mohammad Ali Jafari, chief of Iran's elite Revolutionary Guards, has issued a new warning against Israel not to attack it, saying the country is well within range of its missiles, the Iranian Jam-e Jam newspaper reported on Saturday.

"This country (Israel) is completely within the range of the Islamic republic's missiles. Our missile power and capability are such that the Zionist regime, despite all its abilities, cannot confront it," he said.

top topics

join