It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WW3: The Battle of the Arctic!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Apparently the due to global warming, the ice covered arctic is melting rapidly, which would finally allow surrounding nations the ability to search for new oil/mineral deposits in areas previously blocked off. Now I believe if there is a large deposit found,(especially with our world's current plummeting resource pot) there will be a huge uproar and the initiation of a new world war over the ownership of the waters.

what do you think?

Arctic link

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I'm not certain but I would venture to guess that Russia legally owns a great deal of the land in the arctic. As such they would have claim to the oil reserves held within.

If (when?) there is a third world war I believe it will be fought over resources, but not necessarily for land control of new reserves but more supply of existing ones. Still, interesting thought - I'm getting more and more pessimistic about the arctic ice melt.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
well i mean russia will say they own the land, but i doubt everyone will just agree with that. I think there has been alot of conflict over this area in the last century, and it would be a an ideal place to start for the next world war.

new topics

join