It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Very Scary, Very Disturbing Blog Post About The Coming 2008 Economic Crash

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
This is quite interesting indeed when considering the campaign to stage riots at the Democratic National Convention in August. I wonder what new acts of terror our government has in the works.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ALightinDarkness

Funny thing is, if someone on September 1st, 2001 had posted a story about terrorists using planes to knock down buildings, skeptics would have dismissed him as a nut also.

I mean, how stupid would it be for a terrorist to commandeer a plane, and fly it directly into a skyscraper. That's the stupidest plan I've ever heard.

It happened. It actually happened.

Not every prediction is right, but it doesn't mean that you shouldn't be on guard and be vigilant.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

Well, yes and the churches around my neighborhood too. If that is the case then I will have 2012 and 2013 stocked by then. The up side is if I do have to give the stuff away that means I will be having a nice turkey dinner that Thanksgiving because all is well in my world...

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

I don't think you are getting the picture. If the Government does start rounding up people we will probably we will be the one helping them and even applauding them. It will most be carried out in some kind of disguise. For instance, lets start off with financial fraudsters. The authorities will say to you and justify the rounding up of people with "hey these are the people who are responsbile for you losing your homes...the money speculators...or the oil speculators who drove the price of oil so high as to bring about the economic calamity...the mob mentaility will kick in.

It has already started with the Real Estate fraud case where there was an arrest of 400 people.

see the link below

www.msnbc.msn.com...

I think the keyword is Fraud.

But uhm, yeah, I do agree a certain amount of people will support and applaud the government in their actions to round up thousands (and maybe millions) of innocent people but it's going to be hard for them to call them all Terrorists, don't you think? There is no possible way to fill a camp with 3000 people in a month without it going un-noticed. Think of it this way, there are enough people out there who will rebel and take action and there are a good amount of people who will agree with our government.

Do you smell a civil war?

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

But that is just it, no one did post that. This sort of logic makes no sense. I want you to look back in the ATS archives about the economy - I have - and I have seen nothing but countless threads promising every year the end was nigh. Somehow, every single actual disaster that has occurred has not been prophesied by the ATS doom and gloom crowd.

There is no evidence for this doom and gloom theory - not that there were for any other ones.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. If you predict doom and gloom enough, you will eventually be right. But the fact that the doom crowd will eventually be correct does not actually lend any credence to them - they are having to broadcast constant doomsdays in order to eventually get the right one.

[edit on 28-6-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   

The camps could be used if the United States were invaded to imprison the invaders. They could also be used in the event of a cataclysmic event. I do not mean like a flood ; I mean like an asteroid strike. If a nuclear war happens there will not be enough survivors to fill even one of those camps. Using those camps for the unemployed or political dissidents should be out of the question ,but I would not put it past some elements in our society to try such nonsense.

[edit on 28-6-2008 by eradown]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I get your point. But I have to say that there's too much proof outside of the ATS and the Blogosphere for you to ignore.

Last year I made a post about the new Microwave Gun created by the US Military for use in crowd control:

Active Denial System - Will It Ever Be Used?

This was just demonstrated on 60 minutes about two weeks ago (maybe it was a rerun.) But the monster works. I never believed that it was to be used for crowd control in Iraq, as claimed.

It would be of great use on Broadway or Main Street, to control thousands of people who riot in our own cities.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by eradown

The camps could be used if the United States were invaded to imprison the invaders. They could also be used in the event of a cataclysmic event. I do not mean like a flood ; I mean like an asteroid strike. If a nuclear war happens there will not be enough survivors to fill even one of those camps. Using those camps for the unemployed or political dissidents should be out of the question ,but I would not put it past some elements in our society to try such nonsense.

[edit on 28-6-2008 by eradown]

Oh I def agree with the whole invader or survivor scenario , it's highly possible. I also agree i wouldn't put it past the government doing some obscene things, they've done some already in the past few years but who knows

This could all very well be just a hoax lol.

..or is it

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

What proof? There is none.

Talking about the development of a military weapon is not proof of economic doom, its fear mongering. The military could also just nuke the crowds, and yet no one points to the development of nukes as a sign of economic doom. There is a lot of fear mongering, but that is not proof. The data says economic doom is no where near - last quarter, the economy grew 1% even though everyone was predicting negative growth and it was supposed to be the beginning of the Great Depression.

But since the data doesn't agree with what people want to believe, they proclaim the whole thing to be lies. How surprising...

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   

All you have to do is look at what the smart people are doing and what the dumb people are doing. The smart people are telling others to buy gold and diversify their money into foreign currencies (Mark Faber, Alan Greenspan, respectively)...The dumb people are going to Popeyes for dinner after work is through (the pregnant cashier at my local grocery store).

I'm siding with the smart people.

[edit on 28-6-2008 by windwaker]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   

..what's your beef with Popeyes ?

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Uhh, no. The smart people were already in gold and are now getting out because the sheep are catching on. Its creating a bubble that is going to burst. The only people left hawking gold are the ones who trying to drive it up before it crashes back down to reality.

The dumb people are the ones listening to the idiots crying wolf and buying whole sale into the commodities bubble and over-investing in foreign currencies. The dumb people are doing what the sheeple do: sell low, and buy high. The sheeple bought into the dot come bubble burst when it was to late, they bought into the real estate bubble when it was to late, and now they are buying into the commodities market when its to late.

I'll go with the smart people. You sell low and buy high, I'll buy low and sell high.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Sorry. I eat it too. But $3.50 for a chicken breast? That's robbery.

I mean, she should be more worried. If she knew how bad the situation was with the economy, she'd be spending that money on supplies, not fast food. I tried to warn her.

A fast-food nation. Everyone think the answer will come, but just not from them. In their minds it will come from someone in charge, who can come up with the "fast food" solution, authorities who they feel are smarter than them, and who they want to be smarter than them. Never take responsibility. Never cook your own food. They can't take the heat, and they stay out of the kitchen.

It's the old Hollywood ending mentality. It will all work itself out. Someone will come and save the day an hour and 50 minutes into the movie, and everyone goes out clapping and smiling...without doing a damn thing.

I live in a neighborhood and a world of zombies. The smart people, the ones who have been trying to warn people about what's coming, go ignored. No wonder it is some of these same people who feel it's a great time to exploit the dumb and make slaves out of them.

God took George Carlin at just the right time. George Carlin was lucky that he will not see what is coming, what he knew would come.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker

Sorry. I eat it too. But $3.50 for a chicken breast? That's robbery.

I mean, she should be more worried. If she knew how bad the situation was with the economy, she'd be spending that money on supplies, not fast food. I tried to warn her.

A fast-food nation. Everyone think the answer will come, but just not from them. In their minds it will come from someone in charge, who can come up with the "fast food" solution, authorities who they feel are smarter than them, and who they want to be smarter than them. Never take responsibility. Never cook your own food. They can't take the heat, and they stay out of the kitchen.

It's the old Hollywood ending mentality. It will all work itself out. Someone will come and save the day an hour and 50 minutes into the movie, and everyone goes out clapping and smiling...without doing a damn thing.

I live in a neighborhood and a world of zombies. The smart people, the ones who have been trying to warn people about what's coming, go ignored. No wonder it is some of these same people who feel it's a great time to exploit the dumb and make slaves out of them.

God took George Carlin at just the right time. George Carlin was lucky that he will not see what is coming, what he knew would come.

100% agreed. I've been telling my girlfriend the worst is going to come but it is so depressing and I hate telling her these things. But..hey, gotta warn the ones you love right?

Someday the smart ones (you and I, I actually don't like Popeyes to be honest) will survive...until....who knows what.

I predict 99% of ATS readers and members are going to be just fine lol

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Swingarm

Oh that's horrible. Amero Coins... Is Amero a corporation or what? Whats up with the Eagle with its claws on the Earth

with the Amero. How lame can that be, what will be done to ensure that Amero reigns supreme?

War? Genocide? Prison rape/torture camps? And all in North America. Well, I don't know if that'll happen. Millions have guns

Word that the Amero is just an way for the American government to rescue themselves from the financial crisis that they're in...

'Hey Canadians and Mexicans, now that we're poor and in the can, we're brothers. Give us all your loonies and pesos, we're in the *snip*'

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Ok, so here is a very scary scenario.... The NWO people know the end game is near.

Israel knows it must take out Iran’s Nuclear program (or at least try). They get the green light. Not to prevent Iran from getting Nukes although they will think that is the reason. They get the green light so they look like they are to blame for the Great Depression that follows. They do it in the middle of the night with a sneak attack.

Iran retaliates with a missile barrage and sinks a bunch of ships in the Strait of Hormuz as well as lobbing a bunch of missiles at Israel.

Oil skyrockets and the world spins into a fit of unmitigated rage at Israel for their attack on Iran and Israel is indeed blamed for the Great Depression that would have happened anyway.

In the following months the Middle East becomes a fire box of skirmishes/war between Israel and the Middle East. The USA is heavy into the fight as well. The US blunders in its thinking that China and Russia will sit it out. China and Russia will not allow Iran to be taken. Because there is a land bridge from both China and Russia they march.

As China and Russia enter we lose the ground war and Israel is all but lost.

A new world order of a different kind is planned. Iran with the help of Russia and China sweep across the Middle East and march on to Saudi Arabia to take their oil fields.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Sadly,

I see exactly that happening.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   

At the same time though, are we to sit around, get fat, and enjoy corporate media spin? I don't think so.

The one thing EVERYONE can agree on is that something is coming, and it's coming soon. The key is to understand that it will happen, and that it's important to keep calm and not panic. Being prepared is essential.

People poke fun at the doom gloomers, but when everything goes down, it's them that will be the most prepared. This is simply because they're so paranoid in the first place.

Anyhow, I read another rumor about Congress being given an emergency warning of an imminent economic collapse in September 2008. It probably won't happen, but still, it's good to be mindful.

The point is - everyone who doesn't give a rip will basically have a nervous breakdown if and when this happens. They WILL freak-out and they WON'T be prepared. I don't want to be one of those people.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JediK

You really summed it up, Jedik.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALightinDarkness

Uhh, no. The smart people were already in gold and are now getting out because the sheep are catching on. Its creating a bubble that is going to burst. The only people left hawking gold are the ones who trying to drive it up before it crashes back down to reality.

The dumb people are the ones listening to the idiots crying wolf and buying whole sale into the commodities bubble and over-investing in foreign currencies. The dumb people are doing what the sheeple do: sell low, and buy high. The sheeple bought into the dot come bubble burst when it was to late, they bought into the real estate bubble when it was to late, and now they are buying into the commodities market when its to late.

I'll go with the smart people. You sell low and buy high, I'll buy low and sell high.

Thank God someone pointed that out. I'm not an economist, politician, or any of those things. Folks, gold, in today's markets, is just another commodity. It adds insult to injury amongst the Mises acolytes, but it is. If this ends up just being a recession, it's likely that gold, at some point, will go into freefall. It's done so before.

What we're seeing today is an attempt at a controlled crash of an insane credit bubble. For every 100 wild claims about what's happening, I see one really good, well-reasoned explanation for why armchair economists have it wrong.

Y2K seems like a good analogy to me. Many of the more moderate voices are trying to tell our politicians and businessmen what must happen to clean up this mess in the long run; similarly, Y2K was a non-event because the threat (some of it real) was taken seriously.

Every time the U.S. economy takes a downward slide the end is predicted. I was born in '75 and apparently the dollar nearly collapsed after I was born. A devil's bargain was made to keep it going. I'm sure that at the time it was pointed out that it wouldn't work forever. In 1987 I remember great talk about the coming end. At some point in the 90s (the 90s are a bit hazy to me ;-) there was talk of a coming end again. In 2001 there was talk of a coming end. And here we are again.

Maybe they'll be right this time. As we all live in squalor, they'll congratulate themselves for their genius for getting it right, finally.

It amazes me that there can be so much mainstream negativity, so much in MSM pointing out the very real possibility of such an economic collapse, evidence to the contrary...but rather than focusing on the real life really scary stuff going on that's completely public knowledge, we instead see people being accused of being "asleep" because they're not paying attention to an anonymous Internet poster who claims to be former LAPD and whose uncle allegedly has something to do with huge concentration camps.

Real life is scary enough. My own conspiracy theory is that things like FEMA population thinning, global warming, aliens eating people, HAARP being sinister, total economic collapse, etc. are rumors floated by someone like, say, the CIA to distract the populace from the actual scary stuff going on around them and staring them in the face, right on their TV.

The U.S. economy is in uncharted territory and seems to be dragging the rest of the world down with it. However, screaming at people to "wake up" and stockpile will not change whatever will happen. If people don't have emergency supplies already you won't convince them with a complete lack of proof (other than some random Internet guys ranting about it who usually fail to provide the proof) that the U.S. economy is collapsing.

If it helps, when you're talking to people, point out to them that there's been a lot of natural disaster this year and that they should be prepared. It might work...probably not, though.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join