It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chronology of Gods and Men 270,000 B.C - 130 B.C

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I'm still plugging the cargo cult angle.

I can completely imagine that prehistoric man saw something awesome and had a desire to replicate it to some degree.

Building things like the pyramids and stonehenge would have simply required a colossal amount of manpower and time. I think it's unlikely to have been done on a whim.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Howdy CC

Religion has proven over time to be one of the great motivators of great and not so great actions. Considering the zealotry of ancient Egyptians towards the afterlife I could see building impressive tombs for your god king (who kept the Nile flooding on time) a useful thing to do.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanZana

I sometimes thnk that the ancient built pyramids and observed the 'heavens' to possibly protect themselves against 'another' catacalysm or deluge or to mark the point in time that it happened and to make sure that future generations will learn the truth of the ancients and earth and to predict the next cycle or celestial event.

Not sure of the time frames, but, I do think it marks a cycle because all of life operates in cycles. However, I do not think they could protect themselves, although they may have thought that they could. Remember, even the Sphinx became covered in sand at one point.

In addition, I think it has to do with the earth's tilt. It could be that the earth fell (out of cycle, sync, etc.) and the wobble we are experiencing now is the return of earth to the norm as opposed to from the norm OR just completing its cycle which would mean both are normal. For example, scientist claim that at one point the North Pole was tropical, for that to have been, the earth would have to have been in a different position.

It is my understanding that Neberu/Nibiru appeared at the last tilt and will become visible when the earth tilts again. To be sure, the great think tank is aware and has been for some time of something occurring which will cause a drastic change on earth.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I know I'm going to regret this but

Okay

What is the great think tank?

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

This should help with your query.

Types of think tanks
Think tanks represent a variety of ideological perspectives. Some think tanks, such as the Heritage Foundation, are clearly aligned with conservative causes. Others, especially those focused on social and environmental reforms, such as the Tellus Institute, are viewed as clearly liberal. Still others, such as the Cato Institute, promote libertarian social and economic reforms.

A new trend, resulting from globalization, is collaboration between think tanks across continents. For instance, the Brookings Institution, Washington DC, collaborates with Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Qatar for an initiative on West-Islam relations. Also in the area of West-Islam relations, Strategic Foresight Group, a think tank based in India, works closely with the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats in the European Parliament. The World Economic Forum has created a Council of 100 Leaders on West-Islam relations, which brings together heads of major global think tanks ranging from Oxford Islamic Centre at Oxford University to Strategic Foresight Group, Observer Research Foundation,CASS-India, CSDS, Centre for Policy Research, ETC in Delhi of India and Al-Azhar University in Egypt.

Also see History of Think Tanks and United States Think Tanks

en.wikipedia.org...

With all of the Think Tanks I can't help but wonder why the world is in such a mess.

[edit on 28-7-2008 by Siren]

[edit on 28-7-2008 by Siren]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by C.C.Benjamin
Certainly interesting, but there are a few things I'm curious about.

There are some claims I have never heard verified from any source before, such as who built and destroyed the Tower of Babel, the age of Enosh (is this Enoch?), why the "lordship of the gods" would only begin 170,000 years after they arrive on earth (wouldn't they be the rulers from the start?), Adam and Eve being "given" the ability to procreate (I suspect they would have already had it..although this might be the date of the first human procreation, after all, everyone has a first time...), that Sargon's Akkadian empire was attributed to Ishtar (Inanna) is known, and that Sargon used "the weapon of Ishtar" to do it, but I am not aware of any more details, the Temple in Jerusalem being destroyed by Ramessess II (it was Nebuchadnezzar II (sp?) and a Roman Emperor (titus?) who did it), and basically any other "off the cuff" assumptions that would require a lot of proof.

Can you verify any of these, even if it is simply with speculation prompted by a source?

I read this book last year, it certainly answers a few questions and raises a few as well.

The authors investigation and theory on the 1st pyramid being a beacon and the true purpose (power generation) of it being forgotten and then used as a tomb after the gods had left is an ineresting one.
The devil is in the details...

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

Yes the devil is in the details. The problem with most of the speculative theories about the pyramids is that they tend to take the pyramids out of the existing Egyptian culture and try to place them into aother culture - for which no evidence exists.

Of course the bottom line is the pyramids fit in nicely with Egyptian culture and the evidence points to their being constructed by them.

I've yet to see a theory that can explain away the existing evidence of ancient Egyptian construction and replace it with made up stuff. It always comes up as less than compelling, foten just silly.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
appreciate the link to the book.... its 192 pages though, & thats a lot of reading

right off the bat.......I'd liken the book which is supposed to outline the development of humans as a story or narritive rather than a thesis or a scientific theory.

A story in the spirit of Burrough's "Tarzan on Mars' series....

or something in the spirit of those L Ron Hubbard creations....

i noticed in the OP that Noahs birth was in 70,900++
and Noahs family was noted in 20,900++
that made him over 50,000 years old
~i chalked all that up as typos~

anyhow, it will be engaging to read others notions of backfilling pre-history
?? i wonder where/what the sources are...
Guess i'll have to wait & find out in the material itself
since your OP does not give any hint... be it old clay discs/tablets from before the sumerians or 'channeled' info from unknown hero's/demigods/evolved spirit beings

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Howdy St. Udio

A story in the spirit of Burrough's "Tarzan on Mars' series....

I believe you meant "John Carter of Mars"? Tarzan got up to a number of adventures but I don't recall him going to Mars (Barsoom)!

Ivan Zana seems to have fled the vicinity so we may not get any further information on his ideas

[edit on 6/9/08 by Hanslune]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join