It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chronology of Gods and Men 270,000 B.C - 130 B.C

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
This part peaks my interest

Chapter Eleven Conclusions
• The Flood occurred c. 11000 BC, and the Pyramids at Giza were constructed shortly afterwards, c.10450 BC.

• The tidal wave from the Flood affected the Earth’s wobble, and initiated the 25,920-year precessional cycle. The gods measured time by the motion of the Earth and created a “star-clock” by dividing the precessional cycle into 12 periods of 2,160 years.

• The Sphinx was built c. 8700 BC to commemorate the end of a war between the gods and retrospectively marked the first precessional age of Leo. The war led to a surrender by the Enkiite group of gods, who agreed that their rivals would assume “Lordship” over the Earth for three consecutive precessional periods.

• The shift from Taurus to Aries c. 2400-2300 BC marked the time when Marduk was controversially due to resume Lordship for the Enkiite gods. Antipathy towards Marduk led to a bitter dispute over the exact date for the beginning of his reign.

• Stonehenge was built by Thoth for Marduk as a sophisticated observatory, to measure the rate of change of the precessional cycle, and to make predictions of future star positions.

• A second star-clock was built at Machu Picchu in Peru, where Thoth initiated the Andean calendar in 2900 BC. Other observatories were built at Tian Tan (China), in Lagash (ancient Sumer) and at Barbar (Bahrain).

d.scribd.com...

[edit on 30-6-2008 by IvanZana]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanZana

You are so very wrong and ignorant.

I recommend you read a book and research this stuff deeply for you have proven yourself to not be only ignorant by unknowlageble in anything to to with this topic.

O.k. I will agree I am ignorant of this mans work, I have not read his book. I am willing to read it and listen to what you have to say.

My problem is that you were bashing people for not believing what you and the author had to say on this subject.

This book is fiction, there is no way to substantiate these claims, so it is only an opinion.
I am very open minded and I'm willing to listen and possibly accept theories on this or any subject.
That's why I am here, to learn.
I did not come here to be bashed and treated like a child, I have my own opinions and form my own hypothesis, based on what I choose to believe.

And I believe this topic is on the ancient timeline, correct?

It is a gross mis-calculation on your part to assume I am "unknowledgeable" on this general subject. I have my own theories on this, which I am willing and able to add to and or change when more and or better information becomes available.

Thank you IvanZana, for beginning this thread. It IS interesting and I eagerly await more posts on the subject.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
While Zecharia Sitchin's books are fun reads, I do believe civilization is much older than claimed. I think it is humans who did all the building and not aliens from the planet Nibiru. The thought that Atlantis was in the Americas is not a new one and a good book to read on the subject is Leap of Faith by Colonel Gordon Cooper.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by BroonStone

Thank you IvanZana, for beginning this thread. It IS interesting and I eagerly await more posts on the subject.

Sorry, all apologies.

I will agree with most people that this work is somewhat mindblowing or unbelievable. Either way it is some great work and it definetly taught me things I would have never have known let alone research.

I sometimes thnk that the ancient built pyramids and observed the 'heavens' to possibly protect themselves against 'another' catacalysm or deluge or to mark the point in time that it happened and to make sure that future generations will learn the truth of the ancients and earth and to predict the next cycle or celestial event.

Inside the pyramids was probaly the safest place to put anything you wanted safe keeping for thousands of years anywhere in the earth and will probaly continue to be for atleast another 1000 years.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

226,983 BC Enki moves to Africa to supervise the mining activities.

which are carried out using stone tools and antler picks - such is the technology of these aliens (who also need visual aids to find theor landing sites, no simple stuff like radar for these guys!)

180,183 BC The LU.LU slave is created by genetic enginerring.

Who continue to dig for gold using stone tools and antler picks - after all, genetic engineering is so much easier for space aliens than 18th century mining technology (which, had they had it, would have meant they'd have been on on Earth just a few years)

Sitchin's Annunaki are officially the dumbest aliens in history - indeed G W Bush is about 100,000,000 times more intelligent .....

Of course, Sitchin could be wrong. But then, that'd be like saying Squirrel Nutkin and Benjamin Rabbit weren't real ......

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Howdy Ivanzana

Thank you for the response on my question about the first number in that chronology.

Unfortunately it doesn't answer the question. as to where the date of 270, 183 BC comes from. A book full of baseless theories isn't factual, nor a method to determine such a date.

I'm fairly well versed on the existing Sumer literature. AFAIK no such date like that exists.

I've not read anything but summaries of Alan work, however, I had the misfortune of reading the first six of Sitchin's books. I can unreservedly reject his material as unscholarly, interestingly written, if he gone for a scifi series he might have been more believable. His books are full of an absolute circus of misinterpreted materials and made up stuff.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Howdy Ivanzana

I've not read anything but summaries of Alan work, however, I had the misfortune of reading the first six of Sitchin's books.

I wouldnt even read one of his books for its lunacy in my opinion but you read six.....

Mabey this thread isnt for you.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   

O.k, this is from the book which is available here d.scribd.com...
you might have to sign up but its free and bogus credentials accepted.

CHAPTER SEVEN
PASSING TIME ON PLANET X
The Epic of Creation

Where did the gods come from? According to the Sumerians, the gods came to Earth from a planet called Nibiru. Their descriptions of that planet match precisely the specification of the so-called “Planet X”, which is currently being sought by modern astronomers within our own Solar System.

I'll answer in more detail, but the second sentence there is completely wrong. The Sumerian heaven was called Dilmun.

home.comcast.net...
en.wikipedia.org...

Nibiru is not the name of a planet, it is a royal title. In the Enuma Elish (from which Sitchin brutalizes a perfectly straightforward translation into something rather twisted and inaccurate), it is one of the names bestowed on Marduk for his heroic deed in defeating Tiamat:

May he hold the Beginning and the Future, may they pay homage unto him,
Saying, "He who forced his way through the midst of Tiamat without resting,
Let his name be Nibiru, 'the Seizer of the Midst'!
For the stars of heaven he upheld the paths,
He shepherded all the gods like sheep!
He conquered Tiamat, he troubled and ended her life,"
In the future of mankind, when the days grow old,
May this be heard without ceasing; may it hold sway forever!
Since he created the realm of heaven and fashioned the firm earth,
The Lord of the World," the father Bel hath called his name.
This title, which all the Spirits of Heaven proclaimed,
Did Ea hear, and his spirit was rejoiced, and he said:
"He whose name his fathers have made glorious,
Shall be even as I, his name shall be Ea!

source: www.sacred-texts.com... (but there are others)

Notice that when you see the verse in context, it talks about Marduk as the one who charges into Tiamat and basically tackles her head on.

If you care to study cuneiform AND Sumerian, you can translate the text for yourself (there's pictures of the tablets) and find out just how badly the whole thing was butchered. There are also some existing star tables of these people, showing what stars and planets they knew about.

Nowhere do they record a planet named "Nibiru." There is a place called Nibru mentioned 163 times.. it's a town: etcsl.orinst.ox.ac.uk...

References for the curious:

multiple translations (so you can cross check) of the Enuma Elish are here:
www.mindspring.com...

A pretty good summary of the Sumerians, what they believed about the Annunaki, and so forth:
www.halexandria.org...

...and, of course, the two above. The FAQ is probably the most complete thing and can be backed up with literally thousands of pieces of evidence... written by the sumerians themselves.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Howdy Ivanzana

I've not read anything but summaries of Alan work, however, I had the misfortune of reading the first six of Sitchin's books.

I wouldnt even read one of his books for its lunacy in my opinion but you read six.....

Mabey this thread isnt for you.

Eh? You dismiss Sitchin yet believe Alford who based his book entirely on Sitchin's theories (and later recanted on everything he wrote in Gods of the New Millennium).

One of the most notable features of Alan Alford’s quest has been his willingness to challenge his own preconceptions, as well as those of others. In 1998, he stunned readers of his first book ‘Gods of the New Millennium’ by issuing a retraction of his ‘flesh and blood gods’ theory

(from Alford's own website www.eridu.co.uk... )

Even Alan Alford doesn't believe in the book!

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Your right ! nothing to see, I must of been ignorant thinking that people would mabey like to read and learn about waht other investigators theories and conclusion to their research on the history of the world.

Damn, I should of came to ATS first before reading countless books and listening to hours of seminars and documentaries.

Ignorant fools.

I am so stupid.

[edit on 1-7-2008 by IvanZana]

[edit on 1-7-2008 by IvanZana]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Thank you for you reply, very informative. I wish most replies wouldshow that level of maturity.

Also, Ill be honest. As I read Alford's work, alot of me didnt resonate with what he was proposing but some of it did.

For his theories to have validity he would of had to have mixed it in with facts. Like i propsed earlier that it would be wise to read all works by all people no matter what the group think judgement is placed up the work.

Errors in work is marvelous because it allows you to challenge it yourself and in most cases, by the time you reach your answer you come out alot more knowledgable in many other subjects aswell .

1.Where did the theory or stories of PLanet x/Nibiru come from?

2. Who here believes that the ancients sailed and traded with continents before columbus?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

1.Where did the theory or stories of PLanet x/Nibiru come from?

Zechariah Sitchin, early 1970s

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   

2. Who here believes that the ancients sailed and traded with continents before columbus?

Define"traded"?

I think its perfectly possibly that a few explorers could have gone to the Americas for example... But it would be about as much "trade" as Columbus did, ie land at a random location and take everything in sight. Most ancient ships (well, all) where not ocean worthy however, they where designed for coastal regions.

If you are talking about some mythical trading hub in America where dozens of new Greek, Pheonician, Egyptian or whatever ships arrive daily then no I dont believe it.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
IvanZana - I respect your opinion, as biased as you are for it, but unless you have more evidence to support it rather than a few website links and book references, you cant expect others to believe you. Call them ignorant, beligerant, what you will, but people (when discussing theology, or any type of history, science) want facts. Its a fact that we have a moon orbiting Earth, nobodies going to doubt you on that. But marching in posting a timeline of space-alien gods and how they started earth's modern civilization -while boasting of non-factual evidence-isn;t going to cut it.

In short, pics or it didnt happen. haha

IvanZana, Hanslune -

I noticed in more than one thread you both have very conflicting views on many different things. Perhaps you two should message each other and try to get to understand one another more. You can both very wel learn something from one another. Opinons shouldnt sway yours, but they can help you to better understand your own views.

Im only trying to spread some peace among the boards.

Finally, Byrd -

Dang, girl! Is there anything that you dont know?!?!?!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Interesting thread, I enjoy this subject and look forward to reading the book. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanZana

How could there be 30,000 years from Enoch to Noah? The geneaology is Enoch, Methusala, Lamech, Noah. Even with Enoch and Methusala living over 900 years it still does not add up.

Also, Ancient Thebes is dated about 1600 BC to 800 BC.

Could you explain these two points.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

226,983 BC Enki moves to Africa to supervise the mining activities.

which are carried out using stone tools and antler picks - such is the technology of these aliens (who also need visual aids to find theor landing sites, no simple stuff like radar for these guys!)

180,183 BC The LU.LU slave is created by genetic enginerring.

Who continue to dig for gold using stone tools and antler picks - after all, genetic engineering is so much easier for space aliens than 18th century mining technology (which, had they had it, would have meant they'd have been on on Earth just a few years)

Sitchin's Annunaki are officially the dumbest aliens in history - indeed G W Bush is about 100,000,000 times more intelligent .....

Of course, Sitchin could be wrong. But then, that'd be like saying Squirrel Nutkin and Benjamin Rabbit weren't real ......

Perhaps, but much of this could be attributed to cargo cult responses.

"The gods demanded our great-great-great-great grandfathers do this, so we damn well do it" mentality, regardless of the anachronistic methodology or purpose.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Very interesting info.

I was wondering if the name Ekin is where the term kingdom originated.

The tag (root of a name or word) is said to remain, which means that Tiamat could have been one of Ramesses II's sisters, Tia and mat being where she lived or rested.

Geoffrey Martin describes the re-discovery of the tombs of general Horemheb and chancellor Maya, both contemporaries of Tutankhamun, and of the princess Tia, one of Ramesses II's sisters, in the forgotten New Kingdom cemetery of Saqqara

www.ancient-egypt.org...

Also, Bible code has under Tiamat the old matter of the kingdom and that it is an end stamp, and a date stamp of the master (God). It also has a date which read "half of 4027" which would be 2013 plus 6 months.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Ivan always makes me laugh, he takes other peoples nonsense, completely buys into it, then insults others who simply ask for some proof, rather than just blindly accepting whatever they read in some crackpot book

Its based on 4000 year old tablets so it must be true

In 4000 years time, there will be people just like him saying "well, we've found a book, so harry potter and wizards and dragons must have existed"

Dont bother flaming me ivan, im off. This thread should be in skunkworks though

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by expatwhite
Ivan always makes me laugh, he takes other peoples nonsense, completely buys into it, then insults others who simply ask for some proof, rather than just blindly accepting whatever they read in some crackpot book

Now, now expatwhite lets not be to harsh here. IvanZana fulfills a needed role here.

[edit on 25/7/08 by Hanslune]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join