It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An eyefull of demise... Let it settle in!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I was just wondering... Has anyone here seen anything horrific before?...
Something that has changed your life until the very moment you read this thread!

Just out of curiosity..

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MadSeason313

I, and I'm sure many other members have witnessed horrific sights.

To witness another's death, whether it be suicide, homicide or natural death is extremely horrific. To see a humans flesh melting in a fire is even more horrific.

To see starving children is also most horrible. The elderly covered in bed sores because of neglect is horrible.

Until tonight I had been doing a fair job of putting all the horrible sights I've seen out of my mind.

Tonight, I sit here, alone, remembering each incident as if it were yesterday.

To your health. May you live an interesting life.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I was reflecting on this very subject last night, as yesterday I turned 24 years old. On my B-day, I always take time to sit and reflect on everything in my life, from the past year, to things that have happened to me throughout my life.

I've seen some bad things. And I can tell you theres a BIG difference between watching a video of death and destruction, and actually see it happen with your own two eyes. These things stick with you for the rest of your life, even the videos you watch on line of tragic events. Katrina, the stock market crash, wars, famine, starvation. All these images will remain with us. As depressing as it is, it's kinda of makes you thankful for what you have, though your heart might ache.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I have seen things that have changed me...to witness the death of other human beings. It is something that definitely can change you...

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Yeah,
My mother died while I held her hand. I grew up 10 years that day.

My ex-husband, slit his wrists, and came very close to death.

I hope in my life that's the worst I ever see.

new topics

top topics

join