It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexicans Urged To Reclaim a Piece of Texas

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
reply to post by Wintermute

First of all, what company are you working for that pays $20/hr and then changes its policy to knowingly hire illegal immigrants?

Every single labor contractor that I ever worked for since I was fourteen. Even friends of mine can no longer afford to take the risk of hiring me, and choose Mexicans instead. A local Union house has even gone down this road in the last two years.

And they're hiring the Mexicans off-the-book knowing that they're illegal? If so, then I don't really have much of a rebuttal to that, as you seem to be speaking from true experience here. And, though my last few comments have been fairly sarcastic, this one is not. As far as nationalism/racism goes, well, I had assumed that you were just spouting the same racism-inspired rhetoric that many other so-called nationalists spout, but again, if you're speaking from a history of personal experience, I can't really argue there. I suppose we both lead much different lives; yours has involved the negative side of imigration (illegals taking away your paycheck) and mine has involved the positive side (legal Mexican imigrants working hard while their American-born counterparts are too lazy to finish the job). I'm not saying I agree with your point of view in any way, but now I can understand and respect where you're coming from.

I would ask you to join in a group e-hug with me and the others, but your picture of John Adams freaks me out, as I have an irrational fear of wig-powder.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

Ever think of getting a job that's not so easily taken by someone who doesn't speak the language, and can live off of next to nothing?

Why should I have to? I'm not here illegally. Or are you arguing that doctors and lawyers are the only Americans worthy of earning a living wage anymore?

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
You are correct Sir - It belongs to those with money (Millions)

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   

As far as nationalism/racism goes, well, I had assumed that you were just spouting the same racism-inspired rhetoric that many other so-called nationalists spout, but again, if you're speaking from a history of personal experience, I can't really argue there.

My sister-in-law is Mexican.

...but now I can understand and respect where you're coming from.

Well, I appreciate that, sincerely.

...but your picture of John Adams freaks me out, as I have an irrational fear of wig-powder.

Perhaps you might prefer a different Adams...

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Perhaps you might prefer a different Adams...

Ah, we need no introduction. Sam and I are old friends.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
This is obviously a part of the plan through collapasing the economy, as well as subverting funds into America through forcing the American citizens to pay toll road fees to the Mexican's on the Trans-Texas Corridor, thereby erasing our national boundaries, and ushering in the Amero which will later make it easier to force the bio-chip, Verichip or Digital Angel into being the only option to get in order to work, eat, and pay your bills.

[edit on 28-6-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Right, because you're entitled.

You don't have to. But, if you want job security, you might want to look into making yourself worth keeping. Old trick I learned. BTW, even legal aliens can take your job if they're willing to do it for less.

BTW, I'm no doctor or lawyer, and my company wouldn't risk losing me for someone who barely spoke the language. I suppose it's a challenge in self improvement and natural selection.

[edit on 28-6-2008 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Saying the peso is on a fast rise is pretty slanted journalism. I was just in Mexico and the exchange rate was 10 pesos/1 American dollar. Want to know what it was 5 years ago when I was there? Basically the exact same.

[edit on 6/28/2008 by InterestedObserver]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   

It's all legal, so what could the problem be?

Um, maybe the illegals.

And isn't it against the law in Mexico for Americans to own property too?

No. it's illegal for any foreigner that isn't a citizen to buy land 10 kilometers from the ocean, not just Americans. So how do you think that all the foreign citizens (including many Americans I know) own their own houses and property in Mexico?

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   

BTW, I'm no doctor or lawyer, and my company wouldn't risk losing me for someone who barely spoke the language. I suppose it's a challenge in self improvement and natural selection.

More like a "natural" degeneration of goods and services. I can't even get a burger made to order anymore, because if you don't order by number, they don't understand you.

And your days are numbered too. Your company will either give your job away, or be bought out by someone who will ship it to India.

But, if you want job security, you might want to look into making yourself worth keeping.

A variety of work experience and a college education doesn't make one "worth keeping" these days. Not to mention the fact that no one can afford to pay a grand a month on an apartment making nine bucks an hour.

BTW, even legal aliens can take your job if they're willing to do it for less.

Sure, but if we weren't inundated with illegals, the standard wage would be higher. And don't bother trying to argue that prices would be higher then too, because if it wasn't for all the illegals here there wouldn't be as much demand, for housing in particular where I live.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Right, because you're entitled.

Damn straight I am. My family has been here in the Hudson Valley since the mid 1600's. My family has worked the land and bled fighting tyranny. Now my generation is being pushed out by some Johnny-come-lately who is sending most of their money out of the country, and who ISN'T LEGAL.

EDIT to add: Oh, wait, I get it, maybe I should start doing things that are illegal too, to compete, survival of the fittest and all.

[edit on 6/28/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus24

No. it's illegal for any foreigner that isn't a citizen to buy land 10 kilometers from the ocean, not just Americans. So how do you think that all the foreign citizens (including many Americans I know) own their own houses and property in Mexico?

To be honest, I really only know what I have heard on that topic. And from what I heard, you are right that it is not just Americans, but foreigners. I did not hear anything about the distance from the ocean part though. Only that foreigners couldn't actually own the land, but were allowed to lease it.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Look I am pretty hard core right wing. I love TX more than my own country. That said I understand living here that Mexico is a huge part of our history and culture. watch the movie "The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada" for a good point of view. Mexico has not much left in the way of pride. That is not the fault of the US, but it just is how it is. They are not going to get TX back. That idea is total crap. If they want to invest in land and pay the property taxes....Great! Who the hell would have a problem with that?? We pretty much live in peace with each other. There is far more problems with the black/white issue than the Mexican/white issue. Just the truth.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

Mexicans Urged To Reclaim a Piece of Texas

www.telegr aph.co.uk

Texan estate agents are heading south of the border to drum up the interest in buying cut-price land and property in the foreclosure-hit state.

Thanks to a rising Mexican peso and an economy which is growing faster than that of the US, a country that has previously been looked on by America as a source of cheap labour is now seen as a potential source of rich investors.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Yes. Let them live with George Bush. I'm willing to bet that its land that nobody wants. Sort of like the jobs nobody wants. Land scams. Irregular shaped property and distant out of the way property with no utilities. Perfect for drop houses and safe havens. Cheap too.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
In reply to the original post, or mostly, I recently heard on the Michael Savage radio show that there are Texas border towns that fly the Mexican flag even at their city hall. This to me is a declaration against loyalty to the US, identifying the town as property of Mexico (unconfirmed due to lack of media coverage, only heard on the radio show).
Also, there are confirmed reports that drug cartels have sent rogue Mexican militia members to perform hits on American citizens in Arizona.
google

Now, advertising in Mexico that Texas is for sale.

Before this gets torn apart, I know that the US has dispatched snipers and NSA or CIA hitmen and hit squads all over the world. Its a little different when you take out a global terrorist or genocidal dictator.

I think there is a real threat going on here. I have no problem what-so-ever with legal immigrants from any country. American citizens move to foreign countries all the time as well. I do have a problem with people who invade without provocation, tossing international treaties and diplomatic solutions into the sewer.
On the heals of how much the US corporations have done to stimulate the economic growth of Central America at large, even to the demise of the US in many cases, makes this an even worse set of circumstances.

I see no problem with wealthy Mexicans spending their money in the US. I figure that is just tit-4-tat. As long as this doesnt spurn a movement of silent invasion by offering these homes up to militia members to gain some sort of foothold in the US, moreso than is already going on in plain sight.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox You Hit The Nail Square On The Head There Jack ! More People Need To Remove The Blinders From Around There Eyes And See Things As They Really Are . And Why It Is Happening .

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by winged patriot

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Go for it! Isn't that the American dream? It's all about coming to this country and making a better life for yourself right? It's all legal, so what could the problem be?

These are Mexicans? Oh god I hope not... they have twenty or more of em here and they do crime so they can smoke dope! Last thing we need is a bunch of dope smoking criminals in texas to!

Sure... and make sure to keep those damned Irish out too! You get more than a few of them together and they start fighting and stealing so they can drink more booze! The last thing we need in this great country is a bunch of booze-drinking Irishmen!

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
It is well documented the reunification with the Southern Western States is on the agenda of some Mexicans. A Mexican President once said his nation "stretched beyond these boarders".

Let's not forget the immigration march that had banners declaring Southern States were "their land". Mexican flag is already flown in some towns on or near the border. If these States got a Latino majority who would they vote for; Mexican or America?

The Mexican government is not shy to declare those States as Mexican land. Selling mass property, or land, to Mexico isn't a wise choice for the sovereignty of the United States

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Yes I see a pattern but not the one that you couldn't see, but imagine. How can any one with the lousy work ethics and need for immediate gratification that is typical of the people of the U.S., possibly afford a $200,000 house on a mere $20.00 an hour income. It is next to impossible. Mexico is not a poor country, there are only 3 countries that have a larger % of billionaires. These people pay the same taxes that everyone else does but can't file returns. They for the most part have much higher morals and human compassion than most people that I know, certainly more than the people that have stolen our country from us. Where I come from, to have someone say that works like a Mexican is a complement and honor. Mexican Americans have been presented with more military medals of valor per % in service than any ethnic group. We need more of them if you want to know the truth. Now I'm going go boil some tripe for my weekly Sunday morning menudo breakfast.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join