It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexicans Urged To Reclaim a Piece of Texas

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Mexicans Urged To Reclaim a Piece of Texas

www.telegr aph.co.uk

Texan estate agents are heading south of the border to drum up the interest in buying cut-price land and property in the foreclosure-hit state.

Thanks to a rising Mexican peso and an economy which is growing faster than that of the US, a country that has previously been looked on by America as a source of cheap labour is now seen as a potential source of rich investors.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Woo-hoo! America for sale to the highest foreign bidders! Now even the Peso is starting to give the ever-plummeting dollar a run for its money. Keep up the great work fed--You'll have everyone's AMEROS and Euros buying what's left of the states soon! But I guess that's the plan?

Foreclosures in Texas have risen by 29 per cent in a year with one in every 274 households now going through the process.

The peso has risen by 5.9 per cent against the dollar since the beginning of the year.

www.telegr aph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Who is to blame? The people that hire the cheap labor? If so how can you stop it?
Foreclosures are bad everywhere. I work in this field. This is an excellent post.

People need to wake up before it's to late.

My short and sweet version of a novel.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Go for it! Isn't that the American dream? It's all about coming to this country and making a better life for yourself right? It's all legal, so what could the problem be?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

It's all legal, so what could the problem be?

Um, maybe the illegals.

And isn't it against the law in Mexico for Americans to own property too?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
These carpetbaggers the estate agents that trade in the homes and land of people whom have lost them will never reap any good from the money they earn. It reminds me of the vultures around pawn shop windows drooling over the swag.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

We are in a buyers market now for anyone with money. Guess it doesn't matter who buys up the land. Mexico, Europeans, China, who cares...the U.S. is now a third world country and millions of dumb ass Americans let it happen.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
What illegals? Just because they're Mexican doesn't make them illegal.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I think you should all hold your head up with pride. The USA has some of the best universities in the world, great patrons of arts and music etc etc

Look at the good and the great that you have. It is wise to be aware but wiser still to look at the positive in You, the people and things around you.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Oh man. Many of the homes in my area that were foreclosed had already been filled. I thought the 'housing crisis' was over ??

Well, at least rich Mexicans will bring their currency into the country, instead of collecting welfare, to send OUT of the country...

About time Mexico stopped sending us just the bottom of the bucket.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jitombe

We are in a buyers market now for anyone with money. Guess it doesn't matter who buys up the land. Mexico, Europeans, China, who cares...the U.S. is now a third world country and millions of dumb ass Americans let it happen.

America is a third-world country now?? We're maybe on the edge of recession, and you translate this as "third-world?" And you blame "dumb ass Americans" for this? Now I might ask, are you a self-loathing American yourself, or are you just somebody outside the country who has a distorted view of things? America is going through some stuff right now, that much is clear, but as in the past, we'll pull through. Have a little hope, eh?

In regards to the article, I say, good for them. If they can buy land legally, then why the hell not? That's what capitalism is all about.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
Well, at least rich Mexicans will bring their currency into the country, instead of collecting welfare, to send OUT of the country...

About time Mexico stopped sending us just the bottom of the bucket.

And also, I just need to say, what the hell is up with the few thinly-veiled racist comments in this thread? Mexico is sending us the bottom of the bucket, you say? Where do you get this idea? Seriously, WHERE? Maybe other parts of the country are different than where I live, here in the thoroughly-mixed Bay Area, but I work with Hispanic people on a daily basis, many of whom have been in the country for only a short while, and they are the hardest damn workers I've ever seen. These guys are here, persuing the American Dream, trying to make a better life for themselves and their families through hard work.

I'm beginning to think that the "lazy Mexican" stereotype is an altogether false thing perpetuated by white supremecists who are afraid of their way of life changing. And I'm not so stupid to believe that there AREN'T any lazy Mexicans. People will be people wherever you go. I'm just saying, in my experience, I have come across far more lazy Americans than I have Mexicans.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   

reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Third world country?
I sit here in my air conditioned home with clean drinking water out of a tap,can bath myself and family every day if we wish.We have money in the bank and we have cable TV with high speed internet.Hardly a third world country.We can still eat 3 squar meals a day as well.

[edit on 6/27/2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wintermute
I'm just saying, in my experience, I have come across far more lazy Americans than I have Mexicans.

Yep. And it's funny, it's more likely that it was lazy Americans that got their homes foreclosed on, and the hard working Mexicans who could afford to buy it.

Isn't that what the whole conservative thing is all about? Poor people are lazy, and hard working people are the one's who buy homes and make it in this country?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Poor people are lazy.

Is that your view are you just repeating it?

Either way, its very ignorant.

Poor people tend to work harder than those that have everything.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by crisko

Poor people are lazy.

I believe he was making an ironic comment about the stereotypical viewpoint on conservatives. Although, I don't really know how accurate your comment of "poor people tend to work harder than those have everything" is. I mean, I'm sure it's correct in some cases, but, for instance, does a poor man living in a trailer drinking PBR and reminiscing on what he could have been work harder than a rich man who got there by working his ass off? Stereotypes hardly give an accurate picture of life.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Agreed. I just like to point out a lot of the conservative hypocrisy on this site. Poor people are lazy and deserve no help. The people who make it are the hard workers who work to live the 'American way'.

Well, the Mexicans buying these homes are hard working to live the 'American Way' right? And the people who's homes are being foreclosed on must just be lazy, otherwise they'd be fine.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Poor people are lazy.

I believe he was making an ironic comment about the stereotypical viewpoint on conservatives. Although, I don't really know how accurate your comment of "poor people tend to work harder than those have everything" is. I mean, I'm sure it's correct in some cases, but, for instance, does a poor man living in a trailer drinking PBR and reminiscing on what he could have been work harder than a rich man who got there by working his ass off? Stereotypes hardly give an accurate picture of life.

Note I said "tend". I've been at the bottom working for the "haves" in the past.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by crisko]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   

America is a third-world country now?? We're maybe on the edge of recession, and you translate this as "third-world?" And you blame "dumb ass Americans" for this? Now I might ask, are you a self-loathing American yourself, or are you just somebody outside the country who has a distorted view of things? America is going through some stuff right now, that much is clear, but as in the past, we'll pull through. Have a little hope, eh?

In regards to the article, I say, good for them. If they can buy land legally, then why the hell not? That's what capitalism is all about.

Well, here goes...I was born in Eastern Europe but I've lived in the U.S. long enough and I am a citizen. Last time I checked, the dollar is on a downward slope and it's not going to get better anytime soon (we've been in a recession for some time). Once upon a time, I used to believe in living the American dream but this country is not what it used to be and the dream is fading away. As for dumb ass Americans, there are millions and millions of them and I'd like to leave it at that. There are billions of dumb ass human beings on this planet for that matter. Let's just say I really don't care for the entire human race. My personal views are my own as are everyone else's and we are all entitled to our own opinion. Freedom of expression is a nice concept, let's just enjoy it while we can.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
American has job making $20 an hour, buys house for $200,000. American loses job to Mexican who will work for $10 an hour off the books. American can't afford mortgage on $10 an hour anyway, and loses house. Mexican buys house for $100,000 at bank sale. Am I the only one who sees a pattern here?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join