It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AT&T Whistleblower: Spy Bill Creates 'Infrastructure For A Police State'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

AT&T Whistleblower: Spy Bill Creates 'Infrastructure For A Police State'

blog.wired.com

Mark Klein, the retired AT&T engineer who stepped forward with the technical documents at the heart of the anti-wiretapping case against AT&T, is furious at the Senate's vote on Wednesday night to hold a vote on a bill intended to put an end to that lawsuit and more than 30 others.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Well it's now official: I can no longer SOLELY call out this criminal administration any more, because as we see here, Congress has become ever co-complicitory in these continuing treasonous acts against the populace. They are ALL in on it now...Sad how corrupted the entire lot of them have all become.

The surveillance system now approved by Congress provides the physical apparatus for the government to collect and store a huge database on virtually the entire population, available for data mining whenever the government wants to target its political opponents at any given moment—all in the hands of an unrestrained executive power. It is the infrastructure for a police state.

blog.wired.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
very nice i remember seeing something like that on pbs late one night about the att building in san francisco and how they built on a room that only 1 man was given security access to

heres a video i just found its not the one i was mentioning but i hope its good enough

youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Lewis Black said it best:

Republican stands up, "I've got a really bad idea!"

Democrat, "And I can make it #tier!"

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

We are going more and more towads a disgusting police state

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
OMG...Just listened to Olbermann's CLASSIC rant on this FISA fiasco last night, and he brings up whistle blower Mark Klein in this as well...This is a MUST listen:

[edit on 28-6-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

It's just sad how Congress is backing the idiot in the "Square Peg Fits In The Round Hole Office."

The Resident of the United States of America won't have a residence here any longer after his term is up, I believe 2/3's of the country will be storming Crawford Texas with pitchforks, tar, and feathers.

[edit on 28-6-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Honestly, I don't know what to say. Partially for fear of retroactive punitive actions for questioning the motives, and criticizing the actions of every Presidential Emperor in the future. But alas, those who have done these misdeeds have crossed the line. They must be looking for a future armed conflict with American citizens on their own soil. The Supreme Court at least allowed the citizens to protect themselves with something more than sticks and stones against the coming waves of Blackwater Stormtroopers.

I personally am a pacifist, but I see a near future where the lack of resources combined with the trouncing of rights of the people by the State. Big, big discourse.
I don't know, maybe I am a pessimist.

Sorry, I am not trying to stray from FISA and the Corporate Police State, I just have always had the knack of my mind playing out the possible scenarios, and I feel like we are running out of options to walk an honorable path in the future. Maybe that is what is saddest about the past 8 years, is the death of honor.

There was a time in this country that AT&T and their ilk would be held to task for their actions, unfortunately I don't think we live in those times anymore.

Its too easy to not care because the Hulk Hogan reality show is on....
DocMoreau

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Hey, I'm glad to se this discussion. I've linked to this thread from the one I started last year. We need to be more aware of this, and what it means for our future. "Privacy," as we have know it...is...dead.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I read a book a while back that talked about bush and the return of the imperial presidency. it talked about how he was working things to chip away further and further at the constitution, bill of rights, etc. and give his government more and more power. this has been being set up for a long time... but that how things like this are implemented...slowly, so noone notices. day by day more of or "freedoms" are being taken away.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
We are all pathetic!!!

A bunch of us understand what is happening, why it is happening etc...

The real question is what on Earth can any of us do???

Probably half of us here have known about some of this stuff for years!
Every couple of months the small crack in our country's sovereignty grows bit by bit.
1. 9/11---

2. led to blind patriotism and the wonderful phrase Anti American-

3. two wars

4. Patriot acts and the like-

5. Increased surveillance

6. The hundred plus Detention camps that have been built by the Haliburton subsidiaries in the USA...

7. Now the data base to document citizens "E" activities...

8. ???

9.???

10.???

11.????

12. Screwed and imprisoned in some fashion

I have missed many details and the orders of events except "12."...

The point is we come back to ATS just to moan and complain....
The most pathetic part of this is we act like we have learned something fantastic and ground breaking. Come on !!!

we have been suspecting the ultimate outcome for years now... We get another piece of the puzzle and we act surprised all over again???

Then we spend our efforts arguing and debating with the sociopathic fascist 9/11 patriot washed nut sacks. The only argument these people bring is the rhetorical Anti American American hater comments. This fine argument they bring to the party every party is a killer of debate and logic.

Instead of speculating on why "a hundred plus detention centers have been built in the US"( a fact) we engage the "mind washed" by defending our views in place of the facts , actual buildings, fences and guard towers...

By about the six post of every thread the subject is lost to the speculative realm where we become impotent as a logical debate forum. The subject quickly turns into Barack Obama has a secret muslim Mullet which proves your unpatriotic because the bible says that the world is only 8,000 years old...

I think we need to organize in a way that can keep debate relevant and on topic.

I also think we need to embrace what we know regarding the crimes here at home.

We also need to get beyond this proof of concept stage we are perpetually in. If you believe it embrace it, don't waste your time arguing with a hopeless case, move on to the post of an enlightened believer!

What the other side fails to realize is that if we are wrong about the take over nobody gets hurt....

But if our suspicions our right then the out come will impact our entire beloved
country including, our psycho patriot nemesis!

[edit on 28-6-2008 by mental modulator]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Thanks for the thread DD!

I would like to remind all that in the 'deeper' scheme of things, if you think that the government is capable of actually implementing the 'infrastructure' for accomplishing this Orwelian nightmare you are mistaken.

This will necessitate the involvement of commercial entities like Comsys, AT&T, Viacom, and others. The Corporate masters will be the owners and controllers of these data. I foresee that it will be immediately accessible to the marketeers. With their custodianship of this 'national security' data, they will become even more powerful, perhaps even allowing them access to 'law enforcement' privileges, like the IRS. There are many negative potentially branches down this path, we must stay alert to them.

How much does the government 'need to know?' Some would say nothing, they seem to think everything. The middle-ground isn't even being considered or discussed.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Fantastic video there DD.

If even the major media outlets are reporting on this and laying it out it like Mr.Olbermann did, then we really do not have anyone to blame for what's coming but ourselves. I have long held the world populace equally accountable for corruption as the politicians themselves. We KNOW they are corrupt, we KNOW who is corrupting them, and we KNOW what the end result will be. And we KNOW what we have to do to, but we don't act on this knowledge?

WHY??????

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
If the IP surveillance really goes ape like some predict there are still ways to keep the Internet going with some degree of freedom and privacy. Have you heard of TCP/IP over radio? Hams have been using this for years. They chat and transfer files over shortwave, VHF/UHF channels with this technology. If you tune through the s-w bands day or night you will find many data transmissions occuring. This communication channel would be difficult or impossible for the government to control.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

the gov.. sad to say is on all out evil mode...

i wish they would change course and join the light for the win...

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator
We are all pathetic!!!

A bunch of us understand what is happening, why it is happening etc...

The real question is what on Earth can any of us do???

Probably half of us here have known about some of this stuff for years!
Every couple of months the small crack in our country's sovereignty grows bit by bit.
1. 9/11---

2. led to blind patriotism and the wonderful phrase Anti American-

3. two wars

4. Patriot acts and the like-

5. Increased surveillance

6. The hundred plus Detention camps that have been built by the Haliburton subsidiaries in the USA...

7. Now the data base to document citizens "E" activities...

8. ???

9.???

10.???

11.????

Let me fill in the blanks - this is coming soon in my humble opinion:

8. DOW drops by almost 1000 points in a day

9. DOW continues to fall, dollar weakens rapidly & suddenly. Major corps & banks announce bankruptcy & major redundancies.

10. Oil, gas, food, etc shoots through the roof, leading to:

11. Panic, riots, looting, civil unrest & the need to "protect" people. The unemployed/homeless/repossessed/bankrupt are moved to the camps resulting in

13. Martial law imposed with curfews to "protect" people & peoples property, etc.

14. Police state achieved, democracy dead, opposition = prison camp here you come.
[edit on 28-6-2008 by mental modulator]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Has anybody heard the dna transmitter? Our self-preservation is
paramount more than the extermals. Meaning some of our capacities are suppressed. This is why no aggression is demonstrated, instead just anger. A very highly classified instrument. It also eradicates the tendencies to be a hero.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by stevendelorge

"they built on a room that only 1 man was given security access to."

I don't care how important the information is in that room. NO ONE MAN should ever be given EXCLUSIVE SECURITY ACCESS to anything.

new topics

top topics

join