It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beyond Empathy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I have come to the conclusion, and it is my belief that I have experienced many moments of extreme empathy that were not clouded or obscure. They have been a bit mundane, as well as extreme to the extent that it was of a paranormal effect which radiated my body in a brilliant form of energy... And they all emanate from the feelings of Love..

I have told very few people about these episodes which I have, and all of them have thought I was either crazy or that it was a form of OCD, schizophrenia, or another physiological disorder.

The first episode I can recall was when I was about 4 or 5 and they usually start in the same manner.. I am lying in bed with my eyes shut and with the memory of how the world looks. I can see my scale become distorted( I become very small, and the world becomes very large, or things look much further away than they really are, Scale is always the first sign) and when I open my eyes, It will stay distorted, and an overwhelming sensation will develop.

I have in the past referred this sensation to a voice or mind that is in one way or another influencing my thoughts.. I still have full awareness of who I am and what is surrounding me, as well as my same moral and ethical understandings. so I do not believe it's say a state of insanity...

My first memory of this experience is when I was very young and it relates very much to the love of my Mother... When I was 13 my Mother died of cancer, and these episodes came back... At that time I saw a shrink and talked to him about these episodes. He ignorantly closed my discussions and put my on a number of anti-psychotics. I however never took any of them, certain of the fact that this was not the way to understand this... the episodes later died out..

Then when I was 17, I fell in love for the first time. Shortly after, the episodes came flourishing back.. This time they were more realized and extreme, and they occurred to me at anytime. Where as before they would only happen when I was laying in bed... Now that I look back, it seems that they would happen more often when I was around my girlfriend, and I came to sort of live with them.. when I left high school I broke up with my girlfriend and moved to go to college across the country. and again the episodes died out.

Then in 2006 I fell in love again, however as all love, this was different than my first of course, and shortly became very strong. I had only really known this girl for about 3 weeks when we started to first talk about our love for one another. Now I must say this is not to be mistaken with Lust.. we did lust for each other, but we were not sleeping with one another at that time, so I do not believe it was as a result of overwhelming lust, my intentions were to better understand the strong chemistry and energetic connection we had. At this point I began having my episodes again but again they were stronger than before. and now I started to actually realize there significance.. I can remember an almost telepathic experience with her. and I would constantly feel her energy when I was miles away from her..

So this brings me to the night of my moment of enlightenment, or clear thought(for lack of a better word)... I was this time lying in bed on my back when the scale of the world began to distort, and the feeling or mind of another, or maybe it was mine all along began to overwhelm me. This time the episode grew and grew until I could feel an immense energy emanating from myself in pulsing waves and all my thoughts were completely clear, yet I felt void of guilt, or sorrow. I felt almost complete..

however this has always terrified me, mainly because I don't fully understand what is happening, and when I try to speak to others of it, they close me out.. I guess I am trying to put it here in hopes that open minds will understand or someone else has experienced this too..

I know this is not the end either, but merely just the beginning, for I have been told recently "It is time"

[edit on 27-6-2008 by Empath]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Empath

I know this is not the end either, but merely just the beginning, for I have been told recently "It is time"

[edit on 27-6-2008 by Empath]

Just wondering, who told you, "It is time". Just curious.

And interesting experiences too! Reading everyones personal experiences and stories on ATS never gets boring.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Monsterenergy791

well I fear you might think of me as more crazy, but this happened about 2 months ago, I was going to bed, and I had just closed my eyes when I heard, clear as if someone was sitting right next to me and talking into my ear, I could feel their breath and they said "it is time" or "the time has come" there was more to this sentence, I could feel that I cut them off, it frightened me.. I whole heartedly felt someone there and jumped up in fear to see no one.. the voice was also a womens ???? *shrug* I have just concluded that the two are connected in some way, I could be totally wrong.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Empath

Well, I know that some (I don't know if a lot) would tell you, you have some type of schizophrenia. But me, I can't make a conclusion from the text I read on your post because that would be ignorant of me and I would be 'denying' you without any real good reason.

I believe your story and wish I could meet people like you in real life, because I personally don't know anyone who experiences any paranormal things.

But I don't think your crazy, and you could very well be experiencing something 'out of this world', it's just hard to determine, even though you gave quite a few details in your opening post.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by Monsterenergy791]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Being empathic is really difficult and takes some time to get used to. Have to learn to shut out things when you want a break. Otherwise people's energy just invades your personal space, begging for attention.

"me me me me me me"

I can't stand it some times.

Have you ever seen the film "Celestine Prophecy" ? There's a section in there when the main male character is being taught a lesson in energy after he has an encounter with a woman he finds attractive. She freaks out and runs away and he is left wondering, "What did I do wrong?" Then the other woman who was trying to teach him said she saw his energy overwhelm the other woman and she sensed it, which is why she ran off.

Interesting movie. Basic concept, but neat presentation, IMO. If you haven't seen it, it's not a bad film.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Empath

I like the part about being frightened when the larger-than-you feelings/episodes start happening...makes me very much inclined to accept you as truthful (no need to adduce proofs, I'm not going there).
People are often like " oh how marvelous it was I sailed across the universe and saw gloriously and at length " - Well jolly good for them but speaking personally any time something weird felt like it was starting to happen I discovered that all I really want to do is stay here in my same body and keep breathing here normally as always - don't want to go, no, no.
I would say that hearing voices is generally bad news, but if it happened when you're going to and from sleep...that don't really count...I mean it's interesting but just exactly in the way that a dream is interesting...that's how I'd score it if it was me...

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Empath

There are many conditions that others just don't understand. Psychologically they try, but the rush to judgement upon your poorly chosen words.

Your front "conscious" mind isn't all that is conscious. To the higher understandings of conscious mind the human's ideas of "conscious thought" is rather unconscious and sudoconsciousness.

In transitioning through conscious states of mind it can be hard to understand "HERE" in this illusion of physical "reality" conscious state of thinking what it is we are to pull though other conscious realms.

To me you seem very well grounded, seeking understanding, and not letting your ego bloat in thinking you are some how special.

The "Higher" states of being, idealisims of "heaven or heavens" are right here now. One needs to walk through a doorway within themselves to reach these places, and it would seem to me this is what you're experiencing.

Would you say you've had data downloads that are not within your conscious state of human understanding but somehow over the corse of your life's story they unfold and then you understand?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Well thank you all for you supportive responses, this means a lot to be able tell this, and not be completely denied of sanity

I have not seen Celestine Prophecy, but I will definitely do so..

all of this has happened to me when I was fully awake. as well as before I go to bed or just lying down, this has occurred while at school, walking, or just talking to someone.. I realize that most will not believe me, and I'm not really trying to convince anyone.. I guess I just want to know if other people have experienced this and or their support :/

to Incarnated:

I know my writing isn't that great, and not my best form of expression.. I am an artist. surprise, surprise.. I have a BFA, and I work in Film and TV and I have won an Emmy for my work
heh, as you can tell I'm very proud...

However these experiences , I don't believe our of my own. I truly believe that this is within us all. I wish I could write down in better form this experience.. As far as "Data downloads" well if I understand you correctly, than yes.. I would just say, things have become clearer to me over time.. I didn't really put the connection with the episodes & love together, until rather recently.. and overall the more recent episodes are far more pronounced, than when I was young.

what you say about doorways seems rather frightening to me, almost like death.. well I guess, in a way it is, even if you're not loosing what is tangible.. I guess that wouldn't really matter anyways though.

Thank you.

[edit on 28-6-2008 by Empath]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
When I read this I quickly realized that you were describing something I have often been wondering about lately.

I have personally experienced a VERY similar feeling that you seem to have described (quite often as of late in fact). My problem is that when I try to explain this to others I cannot find the words to describe it, but you seem to have accurately portrayed it.

I have been having this feeling at seemingly random times in my daily life for many years. The incident sometimes will last only seconds though it seems almost overwhelming.

top topics

join