It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moving Star?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Last night (6/26/2008) I went outside at 4:30am central time to catch bugs for a pet spider. I noticed how unsusally clear the sky was, usually it was purple orange from the light pollition from those damn sodium lights and the humidity in the air. Tonight it was closer to black and I could see more stars than the few constellations (& venus) that are normally visible. As I was walking back along my driveway and looking up admiring the stars I saw what appeared to be a moving constellation. I figured it was an illusion becasue I was moving while looking up, so I stopped moving and continued to look up at the sky.

I DID see movement. Not a whole constellation, just one star moving at a pretty fast pace to the northwest. I'll try an look tonight to see what constellation it was in, I didn't have any star charts handy.

I stood in disbelief for about 30 seconds and ran inside to wake up my brother to show him, when I came out, about another 30 seconds later, I could not see it.

It was NOT as shoting star, not a flare, not a firework, not a helicopter. I know what those look like, I've seen several from my neighborhood (several of each)

I am also ruling out an airliner. I've watched jets fly across the sky at high altitude, and this UFO was movign about 3-4 times as fast as a commercial jet at high altitude. It was not as fast as a shooting star, nor did it have the glow around it. It did not disentegrate the whole time I saw it, nor did it's luminosity change. It did not move erratically, just quickly in a straight line. I didn't see it "appear" or srart or disspappear or stop. I jsut happend to look up and see it moving and watched it for some time, and after returning outside, it was gone.

It was just one lone whiteish blue light, and literally looked like a star was moving.

It's brightness and color looked just like a star. I've seen commercial jets at high altitude reflect sunilght; which usually lasts only for a little while and changes intensity and shape. This UFO's "light" did not, plus this was at night. It did not look like a reflection, it looked like it was emitting light.

Could it have been a sattellite?

I live in New Orleans LA.
No sound at all, no vapor trail.

[edit on 6/27/2008 by madhatter3113]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Most likely a satellite. Just after sunset, and just before sunrise are the best times to see them. Too late at night and it's very hard to see them because the sun isn't in position to reflect off them.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Some of us have seen this too, here is a thread already in discussion about it, check it out, thanks for the story!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Can't think of any sort of solution. Keep an eye on the sky and see if anything else comes up

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Hi! We live in an area that isn't prone to light pollution, and can count on seeing satellites nearly every evening. Your description sounds a lot like what we see when the ISS goes over. Now, in your location, often the path goes over or near you also is near us (Cayman Islands). You can go to www.heaven-above.com, enter your location, and it'll tell you when various satellites go over your area, as well as the ISS. When the ISS is close enough to us that it's bright, it does appear sorta blue-white, nonflickering and with a consistent velocity.

Looks like most of your nighttime visible flyovers of the ISS for you this next week are in the wee hours of the morning. I'd check for a bright ISS flyover, see if it looks the same. Large magnitude = low number....... -2 is BRIGHT....... 2 is much less bright.

cheers

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by madhatter3113

i posted a lot about this in this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

my first post about it is at page 8

this is not a sattelite or anything like that im seeing them all the time nowadays, sattelites are not slowing down, changing direction etc

know you belive what you saw. i know it because its true. but after a whle you will doubt yourself. please go out and find some more to convince yourself forever like i have convinced myself of this phenonoma

new topics

top topics

join