It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Candidate predicts "he will overtake Obama '48 Hours' before election"'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

John McCain predicted the general election race would come down to the buzzer Friday, declaring himself the underdog but quipping that he’d ride to victory in the last “48 hours.”
Link

I would be very interested in the boards opinion of this. Something immediately popped into mind the reason for such a statement and the reason for it.
I wonder if anyone else will see the same thing I do.

Thanks for your time.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I can only imagine the things they will do to overtake Obama 48 hours before the election, but I know the republicans will do anything to win the election. They've been running an lazy election so far: Why bother with something that they already know the outcome to?

My head hurts, there's too much things to imagine.

Chads. Electronic voting fraud. What else? Many things else, I'm sure. Why else would McCain make such an egregious claim?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
For some reason I just can't agree that the Republicans are going to continue. Politics is like a volleyball match. One side has the ball for a while, then they switch sides.

And McCain? He's gone cookoo. I'm surprised he can remember his own name.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
All I'm getting out of this is McCain thinks it's going to be a close election, and he will come out victorious.

Come on, you just want him to come out and say "I'm so old, and have disturbing liberal tendencies, 1/2 of conservative Republicans can't stand me, and I don't have a chance".?

HEADLINE!......

Politician thinks he will win......

Definately NOT breaking news....of any type.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Hi OP, good find. To me, it reminds me of the 2000 election, when Gore was projected to win and at the last minute, Florida was called for Bush and not Gore, as had been earlier stated. I'll never forget that moment on election night 2000, when they announced "There's a problem with Florida". I knew right then we were in trouble, after all Bush's brother was Gov of Florida, of course he would fix the election. That's how political families work.

If they can maneuver a victory in the last 48 hours of the election, they are better able to cover their tracks - they can also offer huge bribes to people who are pivotal regarding election decisions.

Remember how the Supreme Court declared Bush the winner in 2000? That was blatantly unConstitutional, yet it happened.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by endrun
Hi OP, good find. To me, it reminds me of the 2000 election, when Gore was projected to win and at the last minute, Florida was called for Bush and not Gore, as had been earlier stated. I'll never forget that moment on election night 2000, when they announced "There's a problem with Florida". I knew right then we were in trouble, after all Bush's brother was Gov of Florida, of course he would fix the election. That's how political families work.

Florida meant nothing in 2000. Tennessee was the deciding state.

ALGORE could not win his homestate of Tennessee. The people who he grew up with, and who elected him to the Senate decided they would rather see George W. Bush than a hometown boy represent them as President.

Forget Florida! If ALGORE wins his HOMESTATE he would have been President. He could not do it....that is pathetic, and he deserved to lose!

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Weird, and scary. Yes, what would prompt the 48 hour defeat? Hmmmm...government "intervention" via last minute voting machine fixes? What the hell is he thinking...really? Or if this is just the way his brain/humor works...weird and scary, another George.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
It sounds like the senator is very confident.

Ive always said that the general election will be extremely close and Mccain will most likely come out the winner. Also I expect this general election to be very similar to one in 2000. The popular vote winner (Obama) won't be elected and the final decision will come down to one state which will create plenty of controversy.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Yeah, they'll suspend elections and declare mccain the winner. Might be fun to watch the crowds storm the castle.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
More and more people are being educated abouit the true and majorly corrupt Obama.

McCain won't need the swing states in the end to win.

How will Obama's supporters take his loss? Will they blame the voting system. Will they say it was because of racism?

What excuses will there be to cause riots?

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
More and more people are being educated abouit the true and majorly corrupt Obama.

McCain won't need the swing states in the end to win.

How will Obama's supporters take his loss? Will they blame the voting system. Will they say it was because of racism?

What excuses will there be to cause riots?

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by endrun

We all saw the massive fraud after numerous independant recounts of Florida using the most liberal judgement of a vote cast for Gore possible determined Gore actually won the state after the fact, didn't we? Oh... wait. No, actually we did not see that happen because it didn't happen. Virtually ever recount, including ones done by some traditionally liberal groups showed Bush really did win Florida. That's the funny thing about sore losers... they're still losers when all is said and done, sore or not.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
As for the OP, I think I know what McCain is referring to, but I think he's off by about 30 hours. During the final 18 hours, between the first poll opening on the East Coast and the final polls closing in Hawaii... voters will actually cast votes for him, many votes, in fact. Unbelievable for an election, but true nonetheless.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

You say that about Tennessee, but you failed to mention that most of the rest of the country (and country as a whole) voted for Gore.

He won the popular vote. Don't be too proud there...

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   

McCain may be hoping to reprise his nomination fight, in which he revived his flailing campaign just as primaries began.

“I’m the underdog. I’m behind,” the presumptive GOP nominee told reporters in Ohio

“I’ve got to catch up and get ahead. And I expect to do that about 48 hours before the general election,” he said with a laugh.

elections.foxnews.com...

It's really quite easy to understand. McCain is acknowledging that he is behind in the polls and that he is the underdog, but with the same determination that has sustained him throughout his life and especially during the primaries, he will prevail, he believes, even if the fight goes to the wire.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620

Thank God for the Electoral College!

Our founders were geniuses.

They knew that the system of checks and balances would eventually save the nation from an ignominous demise.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Originally posted by Sublime620

Thank God for the Electoral College!

Our founders were geniuses.

They knew that the system of checks and balances would eventually save the nation from an ignominous demise.

Yes because Bush... When told about OBL went on vacation. When asked later about OBL said he didn't care about OBL. Who... let the Taliban take back Afganistan by sending troops into Iraq a country that didn't attack us and wasn't a threat.

Oh, in the news, a CIA Agent with 22 years in fluent in Farsi and Arabic was fired because he wouldn't lie on his reports. What did his reports say? Iran stopped trying to get Nukes and Iraq never had WMDs. Yep, Bush Admin fired him because he wouldn't lie and say the opposite.

top topics

join