It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Throw Jesus Off His Throne !

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   

P.S I did you the liberty of correcting your spelling mistakes in your quote.

This is just filled with ironicalness. How condesending and simultaenously frachured.

Please feel free to correct my misspellings as well and then publicize the fact.

Not a very deep thinker, are you?

Eric

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
Over throw religion, ALL RELIGION, and you will find God.

throw away the map, and then you will find your destination.

throw away your food, and you will learn satisfaction.

throw away your schedule and you will find order.

throw away the manual and you will finally understand how to change that blinking 12

throw away the cookbook and then you will know how to cook

Spiritual Anarchy! Believe not what you were taught, but what the creator has shown you.

what if god showed us the bible?

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by metamagic

A lot of people who opt out of religion might think they are now safe from it.
As if it will not hunt them down and bring them up to face it.
My point is no one is safe, whether we are believers or non believers, religious or spiritual.
Metamagic, I am glad that at least someone recognizes the danger.
Sorry about being so cryptic but I am not sure if this forum allows church bashing, when it gets very specific.
Jesus said that people will kill his followers and think they are doing something good, for God.
To me, the more high and lofty a person sets them self to be, the more dangerous they are.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by reject
One of the core doctrines of biblical christianity is Christ's divinity as shown in the bible. He had PREINCARNATE EXISTENCE. This is clearly shown all over scripture. One undeniable instance:John 8:56-58

angels existed before abraham, actually come to think of it, so did satan. are they god too?

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Abraham was not around during the ministry of Jesus on earth. Abraham was long dead but Jesus Christ was clearly saying that Abraham saw him. This is the reason:

Luke 20:38

Now he is not the God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto him.
Because he is God, it makes no difference to him whether you are alive or dead.

He didn't just have a divine aspect but was God who became man.

Philippians 2:5-7

Have this mind in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: (6) who, being in the form of God, counted it not a prize to be on an equality with God, (7) but emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in the likeness of men
If you believe in scripture there is no denying that, according to it, Jesus Christ is God. Even the Old Testament hints at his existence.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Kind of interesting, as I am listening to coasttocoastam they have the people who made the movie, Bloodline.
They said, to paraphrase, " the church kept things secret that would detract from the divinity of Jesus.
They decided that if we saw Jesus as a man, the people would be ungovernable."
That's what they said.
Kind of goes along with my point, though I do not agree with the movie.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I do not believe in anarchy, and I agree with Miriam that we do have a road map, called the Bible.
The Reformers found out about the Bible and decided they should follow its teachings and to start some positive changes to religion.
Everything would have been nice and civilization would have progressed, if the Catholic Church had not decided to retaliate against the Protestants and created a hundred years of war in Europe.
So, my point is, chaos was not created by people trying to follow the Bible, but by the negative reaction from those with a vested financial interest in maintaining a status quo, even if they had to kill everyone, to do it.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

Well, they are not human.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanZana

Why do you believe that the Gospel of Thomas has any validity?

By the way, that guy in your avatar is one scary looking dude.

Eric

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Can you please go into a little more detail on your beliefs on the divinity of Christ? Do you believe in the Trinity? Do you believe that Christ has an equal but different role than the Father?

Thanks,

Eric

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

I do not get your logic, exactly, about Abraham.
His being dead or not.
We do not know all this.
What about that saying, The Bosom of Abraham ?
Was he alive or dead?
A lot of people rose with Jesus and who is to say Abraham was not one of them and is an elder at the throne of God.
As for the second argument, Jesus is the second Adam.
He found himself in the form of God. (the first Adam)
He took the bait from the serpent, who said Adam could become a god.
Could it not be that the verse you quote is giving us a comparison, between the failure of the first Adam, and the success of our second Adam?
Jesus not only decided to be content to be lower than God but to be low, as far as humans go.
So the degree of humility is intense.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by EricD

Can you please go into a little more detail on your beliefs on the divinity of Christ? Do you believe in the Trinity? Do you believe that Christ has an equal but different role than the Father?

Thanks,

Eric

There are threads that go into the subject of the trinity, in detail.
The point I am making in this thread is about the implications of adopting the doctrine of the Trinity, as a Church Dogma.
As Jesus is up in heaven, injoying sitting around being God, the world has been left in the hands of people who claim to be God, on Earth and the intercessor of all mankind, before God.
Look where that has gotten us.
So, we free ourselves form the hand of the evil one, if, we recognize Christ, our Messiah.
Jesus entered Jerusalem as king and entered the temple grounds as High Priest.
He stood at Solomon's Portico and taught the word of God to the people.
He was killed by the State run Religion.
God respected Jesus and showed His approval and Justified him by raising him from the dead.
Jesus was taken to the true Temple in Heaven, to serve as our High Priest, and not just for one people but for the whole world, past present and future.
Jesus has a work to do for the world as our intercessor and intermediary and our substitute.
What has happened is the Church overthrew Jesus and took his position, for themselves.
Now, once this age is over, Christ will be revealed to everyone for who he really is, but for now, we need to act towards Jesus the way we are told to and not take it upon ourselves to elevate him higher than God did or Jesus ever claimed for himself.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   

those passages are pretty self evident. Why would you insist on twisting them to give them a convoluted interpretation? Adam was never equal to God. Nowhere in that passage was Adam even remotely mentioned nor implied. Good grief.

[edit on 28-6-2008 by reject]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   

John 20:28

Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
Jesus Christ would've corrected his disciple if he was in error. How did the Lord react?

John 20:29

Jesus saith unto him, Because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by EricD

P.S I did you the liberty of correcting your spelling mistakes in your quote.

This is just filled with ironicalness. How condesending and simultaenously frachured.

Please feel free to correct my misspellings as well and then publicize the fact.

Not a very deep thinker, are you?

Eric

What does this have to do with deep thinking? Just cause you can not understand why I would post this, does not mean it is a shallow thought.
My intentions were received.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   

those passages are pretty self evident. Why would you insist on twisting them to give them a convoluted interpretation? Adam was never equal to God. Nowhere in that passage was Adam even remotely mentioned nor implied. Good grief.

[edit on 28-6-2008 by reject]

OK, so that is my interpretation, but I think, taken in context, it is a lessen to us, as an example of how we should be, by following Jesus' example.
I do not think that it is an easy thing for full-on Trinitarians to accept.
It took me 25 years to come to this understanding and I have a head start against most Christians.
My Church has a leaning towards Arianism, but not bogged down by some rather odd Jehovah's Witness thought.
I spent a lot of time seriously studying the Arian controversy.
Once I fully understood it, I decided it did not go far enough.
But, right now, I have to be content to think that all this theology is impossible to get right, because of the limitations of being human.
The important thing, in my opinion, is to get to know what it means to be the Messiah.
Jesus adopted to himself all the meaning of this position including a lot of cultural aspects that we do not even understand.
So the term, or title should not be this nebulous, meaningless thing.
We should embrace the reality of it because Jesus did not leave any of it out, and fulfilled it.
He was a Priest/King and had every right to claim it for himself.
That is no small thing.
Once you fully and completely understand and appreciate what Jesus became, here, then you can start to work on understanding Heaven and God.
What I am trying to get at is, We need to make use of what is being offered to us by someone who sweated blood for us.

[edit on 28-6-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   

What does this have to do with deep thinking? Just cause you can not understand why I would post this, does not mean it is a shallow thought.
My intentions were received.

A. You used a poorly constructed sentence to note how you were correcting the spelling of others.

B. I was mostly referring to your commentary in the rest of your post when I was mentioning your lack of intellectual depth.

Eric

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Well, they are not human.

but they are not god. so how does that scripture prove jesus was god?

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   

John 20:28

Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
Jesus Christ would've corrected his disciple if he was in error. How did the Lord react?

John 20:29

Jesus saith unto him, Because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

this scripture is being used to death. and yet it in NO WAY PROVES that jesus is the same as Yahweh.

GOD is a title, plainly, bluntly, simply.

if you want proof that thomas was using it as a title, look at the 30 to 50 some odd scriptures (in the book of john alone) that atest to jesus and yahweh being separate.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Thanks for the reply. Can you please direct me to the thread where you explain your beliefs on the Trinity (although I'm pretty sure that I can guess from the context)? Thanks.

Who is it that believes that they are God on earth?

Thanks,

Eric

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   

I think you should read all the biblical quotes in his posts. He's the only one that cites scripture in this thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join